So defending is now not going to grant anything at all?

Bugabuga.9721

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nathanlang.8976 said:

Then why does support tell us to post on the forums for any game issues?

I'm fairly certain that "game issues" does not include telling the devs how to do their job.  Otherwise there would be one million crying kids spamming "I demand anet do x!" threads 24/7.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  Studios occasionally did that back in the "golden age" when gaming was a clique of elite nerds.  With today's barbarian hordes not so much.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nathanlang.8976 said:

Then why does support tell us to post on the forums for any game issues?

Ever heard of the expression, passing the buck? which in the case of the wvw forums, is the end of the line, the missing cornerstone, the trash can where all your lost questions and inquiries and broken wvw dreams disappear to.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:28 AM, Pifil.5193 said:

Apparently you have to kill someone who killed one of the guards or who actually knocked down a gate or wall. If they haven't got WxP for their role in the attack then they're not counted as attackers.

Of course they might not count as attackers anyway due to bugs.

This cannot be more misleading/false. I get most of my defender achievements when I kill enemy who came to defend their tower and/or keep, they never knock down any gate or wall, they are simply inside and /or fleeing the scene. 

incase you are scratching your head, how?
Right after you cap enemy objective, if the enemy are still inside the objective, it will trigger the objective, it is the best time to get the defender achievement.

My most fun defense achievement gain was 2x during an emergency way point event. These players also never break any wall of gate.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Right after you cap enemy objective, if the enemy are still inside the objective, it will trigger the objective, it is the best time to get the defender achievement.

That may work but I don't think very many people would say that that is how it should work.

17 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

This cannot be more misleading/false. I get most of my defender achievements when I kill enemy who came to defend their tower and/or keep, they never knock down any gate or wall, they are simply inside and /or fleeing the scene. 

incase you are scratching your head, how?

My most fun defense achievement gain was 2x during an emergency way point event. These players also never break any wall of gate.

It's not misleading or false.  When  a tower flips with defenders inside the defenders often get attacked by the guards.  If the defenders do not attack the guards or get attacked by the guards then the defense event will not spawn.  If you get defense credit for killing a defender after the defense event spawns then that means that the defender was in combat with a guard.  FYI, you can kill a defender after the defense event spawns and still NOT get defense credit if that defender was not in combat with a guard.

Edited by nathanlang.8976
updated response