Well that was hype while it lasted boys

Razor.6392

Scepter finally got some buffs which in return led them to getting nerfed, having most of the changes reverted and focus getting indirectly hit for it. 

Meanwhile catalyst still has boon uptime up the kitten and all the auras you could ever imagine and more.

Was fun, tune in next patch to witness some fresh air and superspeed nerfs but heavens forbid the actual culprit (CATALYST TRAIT LINE) gets fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Loke.1429 said:

and not adjusting wvw because that makes sense... i guess they will nerf core in all game modes now so they can make me hate weaver even more

Why nerf it in wvw when you have classes that more then do stronger hits and higher burst then catalyses or weaver ever could? The nerf we have now in wvw was kind of pointless as it was an non viable class / build in wvw before.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, Jski.6180 said:

Why nerf it in wvw when you have classes that more then do stronger hits and higher burst then catalyses or weaver ever could? The nerf we have now in wvw was kind of pointless as it was an non viable class / build in wvw before.

catalyst celestial, scepter focus (unblockable knockdown), auraspam, class stacking is unhealthy. Ive seen unkillable trios of catalysts and similar recently. Like 3v6 etc and still unkillable. I agree that there are worse things, but its quite high up there in my opinion. But anyway I shouldnt be saying this, because they will just nerf core and fk me over as well on my staff build.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Loke.1429 said:

catalyst celestial, scepter focus (unblockable knockdown), auraspam, class stacking is unhealthy. Ive seen unkillable trios of catalysts and similar recently. Like 3v6 etc and still unkillable. I agree that there are worse things, but its quite high up there in my opinion. But anyway I shouldnt be saying this, because they will just nerf core and fk me over as well on my staff build.

Its not more powerful then any other class though in large scale fighting. Things are broken in small scale because the game is not balanced for such scales.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, Loke.1429 said:

I seen scores of vindicator tanking half zerk, virtuoso literally laughing at you for 10s+ while being invulnerable.....harbingers lol..winning 1vs3 on their own....small scale is not a balance factor, they are far worst things and nobody cares about small scale, it's all about holding vs several bad players....nobody on anything can hold long vs equally good players .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its just so odd that once ele gets a real ranged dps set of skills a very small and lode population of gw2 calls for nerfs and anet start to nerf it. Making ele only real dps skills melee only. Most of gw2 dose not spvp and most of gw2 dose not use these forms.

From the wvw point of view its often that of roming only balancing and more of an issues of gear type (that is not in spvp for that very reason.) Effectively NOT part of wvw balancing mind set at all.

As for pve ranged dps is more of an problem than help due to stacking of boons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Its just so odd that once ele gets a real ranged dps set of skills a very small and lode population of gw2 calls for nerfs and anet start to nerf it. Making ele only real dps skills melee only. Most of gw2 dose not spvp and most of gw2 dose not use these forms.

From the wvw point of view its often that of roming only balancing and more of an issues of gear type (that is not in spvp for that very reason.) Effectively NOT part of wvw balancing mind set at all.

As for pve ranged dps is more of an problem than help due to stacking of boons.

It's not odd at all to me. Every profession except ele can swap to ranged combat to avoid pressure while keeping it on the enemy, even engineer can do that with the grenades set, the only profession which was barred from ranged combat was...elementalist, the main reason why ele found itself in a really bad spot for years was because of the forced melee range and not enough access to gap closers and mobility in general. It was pretty easy for necros, engis to just stay range and spam chill with wells and grenades...then get close for the kill once the ele player had exhausted all options, a thief could simply swap to shortbow and force dodges, then steal teleport apply chill and safely return away from the ele, a mesmet could just dance around the ele till all his cleanses were done....ele only had bad matchup, as melee only combat there was spellbreaker..but again full counter makes life miserable for every melee spec. Basically playing as ele was kitten..but playing against ele was easy ...and ofc that was called balanced by gw2 community

All these necros laughing on the forum on how they could faceroll eles with ease without even trying and stuff like that...and then, and then scepter got finally reworked after 12 years and people hate it....'cause gw2 players hate one thing above all : equal playing field. Now an ele player doesn't need to kill himself, be stressed or frustrated on how to close the gap, while maintaining enough sustain/kill potential...that was way too much unreasonable work for a game,...now you don't need to dodge for your life or praying for enough time to get close to the target...now you can zap them back and punish them if they get close...so people whine and ask for nerfs of course. Now facing an ele is no more a walk in the park....necros aren't laughing anymore...thieves can't steal/chill/shortbow anymore....engis can't bout face spamming chill grenades any longer...and they hate it.

P.S they may nerf the raw dmg of scepter with enough time now, but they won't ever take back the reworks, never done so for any other profession regardless of the amount of calls for nerfs. On top of that both staff and earth line too got a rework after almost a decade. It's finally fun and engaging again to play ele and I had to wait like 5 years for that...and a couple of developer replacements at the top..glad I did not delete the class.

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3

It's why they need to update conjures instead of nerfing it into oblivion. Ele is always locked into a certain playstyle. Either melee or range. They don't have the option to swap. And because of Anet's balancing patterns, it's either too OP or too underwhelming. 

With conjures, you can balance builds around their use. Introducing more than just one range type, and then balance core weapons so their not so oppressive with certain elite professions. 

Ele can have weapon swap. Ele can be versatile and interesting. But conjures are so bad at what they offer, Ele's are forced into picking either burst level range builds or unkillable melee tanks

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1