WvW Question on Kalla

Grand Marshal.4098

Do you think that Kalla spirits becoming invuln casts that pulse their abilities AoE would make them playable in WvW?

I mean, sure you can play Jalis/Mallyx Rene in bigger settings, but even in smallscale one would never rly pick Kalla due to the frailty of the skills used.

Do you think that could potentially fix the problem with Renegade's playability perhaps, or are there much more deep issues with the spec to make it play in largescale outside the single build that exists?

Frankly, between the Heal skill and the pulsing daze, maybe Kalla is just too weak for any form of support (via All for One) or DPS role, so it should be left as is.

Opinions?

Dazing tiger would be too strong. They would then nerf it to ground so nobody would take kalla even with invuln spirits.

Too strong because if spirit is invuln, it's would function like a well. There is no well so strong as dazing tiger. Vuln tiger also very strong. Putting them on top of each other while bombing would delete enemy stab, cc them and give 25 vuln. 6 pulsing dazes is more cc then grav well.

There's too many skill types in this game and the immobile, killable spirit types (Druid, Renegade) are the worst. They should've just all been wells to begin with, but apparently we didn't learn this lesson with gyros.

Area denial exists to deny areas to enemies, not cheese through them.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

I want them to be like Minions:

1. You pay an Energy Cost, they become units that auto attack enemies you attack. They can be attacked, cc'd and killed in this form.
2. You recast and they cast their active but will be invul when they are casting, then disappear after the skill ends, putting it on a cooldown. 

Only soulcleave would be an exception as an Upkeep skill which centers on the Renegade as an AoE and field. 

Edited by Yasai.3549

From my experience, I suppose wells are the way to go. I had a fear that runes of chrono might not allow for such design, but Specter exists too.

The daze spirit could easily see a bigger interval between CC ticks and well, the vuln/cripple well is currently too weak after tests. A pulsing damaging well with vuln and cripple isn't that obnoxious.

And to be fair should someone slot Kalla, they need to give up either Mallyx for strips or Jalis for dps and support so it doesn't sound like a bad trade-off.

18 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I want them to be like Minions:

Actually great idea. They should make them big and shiny.

Soulcleave tho, if it becomes the only immobile spirit, will be sad, since the other spirits could move now. First thought to make it like engi gyro to follow rev.

Or make it like others, but pets should be summoned to attack specific target and die with it aka clones, otherwise all the energy will be wasted due to stupid ai.

But i really would like having big tiger(s) following me, especially while having Chuka and champawat equiped

Edited by Polar.8634