Quick Heal Scrapper question

PsychoSomatic.6728

2 minutes ago, Jasra.3627 said:

shield is more defensive option, you get block, reflect, daze, knockback and blast

Hammer skills: "I have reflect, Stun & double stun when u leap on combo field lightning & I have block with better damage. What you on about?"

You: *Speachless*

🤣

• Confused 3

Hello,

thank you I was confused because Hammer does indeed have reflect (which in most cases seems better than block) and I knew that hammer can create blasts in fields but I was having trouble seeing blast in shield.

I appreciate feedback but I would like to hear more people on the subject.  I will have to look at the cooldowns to see if shield has a quicker cooldown then hammer and if so that could make more sense.  I will try to see how blast is done with pistol / shield

4 hours ago, PsychoSomatic.6728 said:

I see on several builds Quick Heal Scrapper is pistol and shield, I am just curious what advantage it gives over Hammer? I apologize just new to engineer and wanting to understand the weapon choice advantage and drawback.

link to the build and I might provide some insight.   Technically shield has a blast, so you could blast a water field.  I vastly prefer using hammer as it does CC at range and stacks vuln plus low CD reflect and a bock.

Shield paired with the Overshield trait in Inventions traitline provides group protection when using the initial shield skills (not the flip skills). 

Shield also has a knockback/blast with the flip skill of shield4, this can be used to blast fire/water/light fields for might/healing/cleanse as well as being CC.  Shield 4 being a reflect as well. 

Shield 5 can be amazing, it’s a block that stuns when you’re hit and then you can throw it with the flip skill for more CC.

Hammer is more selfish, no real benefit to your group.  Rifle is viable if you’re ok dropping protection for more might (also immob/knockback and movement), but Shield is pretty much default in Heal Engi of any type.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 9:10 PM, August.5934 said:

Hammer skills: "I have reflect, Stun & double stun when u leap on combo field lightning & I have block with better damage. What you on about?"

You: *Speachless*

🤣

Shield trait give prot. uptime on a 5 peeps and also increase your own prot effectiveness by 20% , meaning a full -7% strike damage taken.

I am not gonna do the same "quote" thing as you did , i am more mature than  that ...

• Like 2