right direction, nowhere close to there, give warrior our strike damage back already.

eXruina.4956

though we've seen some good changes past couple of patches, now that things have settled down, things have not really improved by much for warrior in the wvw roaming scene.

there's really no sidestepping it, we need our strike damage back to the way it was. what we have in the past is only just as comparable to what every other class is outputting now. that's how much of a joke it is, really fed up of the status quo.

with all the hoops and limitations built into the class, this stressful and unrewarding gameplay has reached a point i would call sickening.

still hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

What exactly do you mean by Strike damage Back? Cause I feel like besides Power Berserker the dmg warr does over all is actually not that bad and pretty good balanced.

(With over all I rly mean over all. There are for Sure one or two weapons that Lacks abit still but .... yea nothing is perfect)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

What exactly do you mean by Strike damage Back? Cause I feel like besides Power Berserker the dmg warr does over all is actually not that bad and pretty good balanced.

(With over all I rly mean over all. There are for Sure one or two weapons that Lacks abit still but .... yea nothing is perfect)

When you pick up one of your alts and see how easily they meet or exceed what your warrior is able to do in damage with fewer hoops to navigate it because obvious.

I actually am amazed how much easier it is to land damage when I dust off my guaradian, ranger, necro, and engineer.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Honestly, axe 5 nerf is felt hard. Like idk why in someone's right mind, a nerf on that skill would happen. 

Imagine actually CLEAVING with a kittening channeled melee skill...Def not doable. kitten anet.

My guild mates laugh every time I run a different spec and how vocal I get in discord about how much easier it is to land good damage than when I run my warrior. One of my guildies also plays numerous specs, is a long time WvW veteran and even he feels how much more difficult it is on warrior compared to other professions.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

We must be playing a different game. Roaming on spellbreaker and even bladesowrn is a blast. Maybe it’s your build? Or your doing something wrong? Spellbreaker is one of the best roamers right. 

Roaming on warrior is always as blast. Eternal Champion Berserker is particularly good right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

We must be playing a different game. Roaming on spellbreaker and even bladesowrn is a blast. Maybe it’s your build? Or your doing something wrong? Spellbreaker is one of the best roamers right. 

lol, must be 🤷🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Eternal Champion Berserker is particularly good right now.

Aye. love Eternal Champion and some other Berserker changes, but as you see your Arc Dividers hit for 240, 240, 240 in full power gear and die a couple of rotations later, you won't feel so kitten. 🚫🔥

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

More like the dmg is not enough to punch through cele boon vomit. And is too concentrated in single hitters which are easy to avoid when kiting. Different story in conquest with the node, but in wvw all you have to do is run away in a straight line with swiftness and most war abilities wont hit you...

But there arent many power builds worth playing in wvw overall. Thief and ranger, essentially. War is not an outlier, wvw itself is just bad for power builds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

But there arent many power builds worth playing in wvw overall. Thief and ranger, essentially. War is not an outlier, wvw itself is just bad for power builds.

None of them have to walk up to their enemy the way a Warrior does. 💪

Also its more than just Thieves and Rangers, there are others.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

Aye. love Eternal Champion and some other Berserker changes, but as you see your Arc Dividers hit for 240, 240, 240 in full power gear and die a couple of rotations later, you won't feel so kitten. 🚫🔥

Wow, I've never seen that on an Arc Divider! Did you have weakness hitting on a Sentinel or something?

400 damage crits on Axe AA is something that I have seen while running Marauder+power runes though, without them having  protection.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wow, I've never seen that on an Arc Divider! Did you have weakness hitting on a Sentinel or something?

400 damage crits on Axe AA is something that I have seen while running Marauder+power runes though, without them having  protection.

those 240's were all critical hits, so don't think weakness was even in the equation.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It's funny, it's possibly responsible for those nerfs... it's not that I wanted to kill the anet ones, they're like candies when you see them in WvW and more in a group, I mentioned the build in another post, A/A as you can imagine and well, it's not that I'm friendly with those from anet at all, I also mentioned the reason for that in another post.
Taking into account that I go full berserker, with thief or eagle runes, A/A + greatsword, Strength in bot-mid-top, I never found the nerfs that they put into many things justified or logical, such as the change to the axe trait .
I remember once mentioning why the last attack of the chain of the sword did not cause bleeding and they added it, also that the damage of the axe was absurdly low for being only a weapon aimed at doing damage and they increased the damage, I miss that developer , it gave nice stuffs, those of now seem to want to destroy all the builds that I used and I only have this one left XD

Edited by Shinja.3451
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Jesuuuuss Christ man, what were you running?

i was doing some tests in power gear, some pure glass, others mixes, captains, cavs, valks, knights, but nothing below 2.2k power and 200% crit damage, and nothing below 60% crit rate, all mixes i used were pushing higher damage stats than pure marauder.

the 240, 240, 240 crits on arc divider came from full glass by the way.

and yes the average numbers you pull after mitigation were usually around 400+ crits usually, but this isn't the first time i pulled numbers in the 200's or less.

traits i ran for this particular test were traditional, berserker, def, disc and also ran similar tests on str, def, disc to much similar effect.

but hey i'm just some chonky cub from the Citadels what do i know about warrior-ing. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:50 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I actually am amazed how much easier it is to land damage when I dust off my guaradian, ranger, necro, and engineer.

I've "dusted off" my Renegade lately and it really feels unfair, how much more damage it does than my Warrior.

It feels like it does two to three times as much damage with Shortbow, while also being ranged and conditions, which makes mechanics easier to manage.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I've "dusted off" my Renegade lately and it really feels unfair, how much more damage it does than my Warrior.

It feels like it does two to three times as much damage with Shortbow, while also being ranged and conditions, which makes mechanics easier to manage.

I played my burn DH before the nerfed SoA and I laughed out loud IRL over how much easier it was than anything I ever played on warrior (and I play lots of random builds on my warrior). It still amazes me how a Sic'Em Sniper can still quickly dispatch a target from 1500 range. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

None of them have to walk up to their enemy the way a Warrior does. 💪

Also its more than just Thieves and Rangers, there are others.

Such as? The ones that don't have to go up close to deal their heavy hitters are very squishy (really only FA weaver). All but war have some ranged pressure yes, but the real dmg is dealt at melee.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

for me it was dusting off my Guardian. 😇

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

its quite the funny list

guardian/rev= ports

thief=ports/stealth

engi=stealth(port on mech)

ranger=ports/stealth

ele=range main (port on sword)

necro=range main(even with reaper double range weapons, disengagement ports)

mesmer = stealth/port(on power greatsword melee bursts)

warrior the only class that can not engage/disengage via port/stealth, but walking

stealth/ports basically infinitely scale the sustain up compared to some armor and HP.

because you can not lose hp if you can not be hit/seen

all the ports/stealth classes can hit each other, and warrior is pigeonholed into building low-impact tanks, because it is all it can build for and be viable. which can be meta in competitive tournaments

but in ranked, soloq/duoq plays, it is frustrating to play and high impact stealth/port builds rules,

you won't climb with low impact melee tanks

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1