more sources of protection for warrior

eXruina.4956

Just now, Mikali.9651 said:

Those are just ideas, on the balance team is to balance it. Many professions have all of that and more, for all I care they can give cooldown to such effects for allies. What I want to see is Warrior having more team-oriented effects so I went with some examples

In PVP/WVW? No.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I see, well perhaps I'm wrong.

Whenever I see complaint threads about Warrior's defense I always remember fights I've had vs Spellbreakers running builds like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEh7lNwwYJMRGKu8f6A-zliIzQo3IAAA-w and just infinitely chaining defensive skills and evades.

That has to do with FC having such a short CD. Other professions can bring more than warrior can but are typically low DPS as well. A Soulbeast can bring something like 8 evades in one build, but that requires running devourer and smokescale along with sword/dagger which is a setup you'll never see run by any Soulbeast. 

You do see professions chain blocks, invulns, blinds, evades, stealth, and/or ports to a much higher degree though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i like the whole sensible balance arguments, but let us look at the game realistically,

It's always fun when in balancing thread someone goes on how "maybe it wouldn't be balanced but I don't care, just buff me". It makes the thread so much shorter and simpler to conclude 😅

6 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

its not balanced, and balance is poorly maintained. broken kitten that shouldn't exist, exist.

Similarly to the "something's broken, so instead of balancing it, lets break more". Backwards, to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

51 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Similarly to the "something's broken, so instead of balancing it, lets break more". Backwards, to say the least.

You're not wrong, but Anet does not have a proven track record of good balance decisions, but does for breaking things more. They do get things right periodically though, just in an asymmetric manner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You're not wrong, but Anet does not have a proven track record of good balance decisions, but does for breaking things more. They do get things right periodically though, just in an asymmetric manner.

The reversal of quickness being added to draconic echo on herald and the removal of quickness on scrapper in WvW are prime examples of Arenanet finally removing key group boons in WvW. Aegis was restored onto mantra of solace instead of prot/resolution on firebrand as well meaning protection is from mace+shield unless you slot "Hold the Line"; tomes are gated by page count and no longer provide stab except on Unbroken Lines. Even mantra of liberation's stability was cut in WVW. Not to mention might is typically 6s in competitive modes and Purity of Purpose (on engineer) was gutted a while ago.

Instead of asking for more boons in competitive modes, there should be a focus on targeted boon rip (spellbreaker has boon rip but not targeted boon rip for stab/prot). Otherwise if your squad is not half boon rip it is not possible to remove the amount of boons output.

All this is very easily verifiable by anyone loading up gw2mists templates:

Compare to boon spellbreaker (might, fury, some vigor, stab, swiftness, vigor, some resistance, bit of quickness):
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxEIiNssBmE7i9xOx0/y+dB-z1IY1om/UyUIUqIIbFQOTA1cICze41ohLNA-w

Edited by Infusion.7149
fix link
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's always fun when in balancing thread someone goes on how "maybe it wouldn't be balanced but I don't care, just buff me". It makes the thread so much shorter and simpler to conclude 😅

in that regard, is the game properly balanced now? has it ever been close to properly balanced in its lifetime? near perma boons? perma stealth? no classes are way overperforming than they should? no broken gear combinations?

gamestate speaks for itself. what i'm suggesting is hammering the gap. i've given up any hope of them really fixing anything. and this is a suggestion, all it is a suggestion, do you think a post like rhis really makes a difference? i've played mmos all my life, briefly seen inside the industry as well, we the player base realistically dictate nothing.

you actually believe you have a sensible balance argument? thats nice. good for you. you are free to believe so and i'm not saying otherwise.

leaks and june's patch last year is all the confirmation i really need that no kittens are given by the balance team, that the sorry state of warrior all those years were intentional and they'll just do as they please.

i still play because i love this game, and they did and are doing everything else right. and that i've met some really good and amazing people. they are what make gw2 for me.

so no i'm not here to realistically argue balance, its a farce.

the historical and current gamestate of the game is already reflecting this.

i say this all respectfully, this is my honest opinion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

in that regard, is the game properly balanced now?

How does it change anything said above? Not only it doesn't, I also already responded to that in the very post you've just quoted: 

If you think something's not balanced, target that instead of breaking more.

1 minute ago, eXruina.4956 said:

so no i'm not here to realistically argue balance

As much was clear. And also the point.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

How does it change anything said above? Not only it doesn't, I also already responded to that in the very post you've just quoted: 

If you think something's not balanced, target that instead of breaking more.

read the rest of my post everything is explained there.

and try not to project things i don't say.

thank you and much appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

and try not to project things i don't say.

Ok. In an attempt to do that, please help me understand what exactly you didn't said but I projected. Be as specific and brief as possible. So preferably give me a direct quote and tell me what I claimed that you didn't say within that specific quote.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

i did not tell them to break the game, i'm asking for more sources of protection in my original post, on the level other classes are outputting. thats all i'm asking. and it was just a suggestion.

they are professionals, a balance team, they are threading cautiously with the Thick Skin change. i understand.

but why? when other classes are outputting kitten and don't seem to be bound by any such restrictions.

to explain, that is my logic around it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I agree, what you wrote in this post was clear:

10 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i like the whole sensible balance arguments, but let us look at the game realistically,

its not balanced, and balance is poorly maintained. broken kitten that shouldn't exist, exist.

why deny boons like protection to warrior? why can't warrior have a seat at table? what possible justification do they have given the game's state of balance all these years til current?

Thank you and good luck to you too.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

I'd be for it if  3/5 stances didn't negate damage. Usually balanced stance and endure pain is enough for me when facetanking a zerg. Even on marauder/diviner. 

I think that is important to consider. But also consider the need for AoE sources of protection and/or resolution in any future support build/espec.

• Like 1