Why is the jade sphere on F5?

Coldtart.4785

Tempest already set the standard of element-specific F-skills simply going onto the button for whichever element is up, so why not the jade sphere? When a skill is nothing more than busywork that generates tons of boons and combo fields for what may as well be free I think it'd feel just a little less busy if you could simply press the same button as your current element.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Could argue the point both ways - sphere placement and overload on double attunement and F5 would be a consistent and appreciated QOL feature.

Save your wrists, save your fingers, ten years of attunement dancing can be brutal on your body.

Edit: From a UI perspective the quickest implementation they could come up with was shoehorning the F5 component into the interface purely to display the tiny energy bar below it. I think Catalyst was one of the especs that received the laziest treatment possible.

Edited by MarzAttakz.9608
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think it's done mainly to not press by "accident" your attunement swap twice , launching your sphere when you don't wanted to , for building up energy or for not missplacing it . But i agree that ele has a loooooooootttt of button to press to be competitive , sure it's not a mech pew pew  build.

I think a decent chunk of how the sphere works is leftover from the initial implementation. A seperate button with a non-marked small energy meter is a pretty reasonable choice for what is essentially a toggle that drains energy while active. The UI just hasn't been updated with the changes made.

I'm pretty sure is on f5 for cd tracking. Overloads on tempest lock you out of attunement when they are done, but conjuring a jade sphere does not. Each sphere (each element) has a separate cooldown, and the attunement cooldown is different too. I guess that is why.

• Thanks 2