Your most fun and favorite profession to PvP with and why?

8 hours ago, viquing.8254 said:

If even the bests players didn"t understand this, where are we going...

Atm well chronomancer gets abused a lot, some competitive teams run 2 well chronos against specific comps in ats and even mat. You see ppl on well chrono and inspiration virtuoso who are usually not touching mesmer. And i'm not talking about some random p1 dudes. 

And why? Because its not only very strong (meta relevant strong in case of chrono) its also once again a build every ape can play even on competitive top lvl who would never be successful with mesmer on a less simple and forgiving build.

I agree portal should be made viable, not as strong as before but it needs some love. But also agree that reducing other classes power creeped mobility is part of that.

To the topic: I enjoy different classes at different times, atm engi the most since with scrapper and holo it has one decent and fun build and one chill brain off mode meta build to compete. 

Edited by melcor.1094
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There is a difference between an absolute monster and something viable enough to be on mAt. Like when you have 30% of the same class in top 100...

I already saw mAt vids and top100 ladder aren't supposed to be random plat.

Mean I'm lmao when someone snobish 2 posts ago ask me to do what I already do for ages : Analysis on matches what I can improve and so one. Mean it's been 8 years than despite being noob I'm around plat2/3 when playing meta. I down plat1 in periods when playing funny exotics builds.

Glad someone see the collaterals impacts on portal buff back and power creep mobility.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, melcor.1094 said:

Atm FA catalyst gets abused a lot, some competitive teams run 2 FA catalyst against specific comps in ats and even mat. You see ppl on FA catalyst and support tempest who are usually not touching elementalist. And i'm not talking about some random p1 dudes. 

And why? Because its not only very strong (meta relevant strong in case of catalyst) its also once again a build every ape can play even on competitive top lvl who would never be successful with elementalist on a less simple and forgiving build.

Or

23 hours ago, melcor.1094 said:

Atm nade scrapper gets abused a lot, some competitive teams run 2 nade scrapper against specific comps in ats and even mat. You see ppl on nade scrapper and gyro scrapper who are usually not touching engineer. And i'm not talking about some random p1 dudes. 

And why? Because its not only very strong (meta relevant strong in case of scrapper) its also once again a build every ape can play even on competitive top lvl who would never be successful with mesmer on a less simple and forgiving build.

Just replace the names with whatever flavour of the month we get. Sometimes it was necro, sometimes it was guardian, sometimes it was thief or revenant....actually a lot of times it was these two. Don't worry though, I have it on good authority that mesmer has more than a 2% representation and so is going to get hard nerfs to make sure all versions will not be played.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 8:48 PM, apharma.3741 said:

Or

Just replace the names with whatever flavour of the month we get. Sometimes it was necro, sometimes it was guardian, sometimes it was thief or revenant....actually a lot of times it was these two. Don't worry though, I have it on good authority that mesmer has more than a 2% representation and so is going to get hard nerfs to make sure all versions will not be played.

Not sure it still makes sense to answer  after such a long time  but i was talking to ppl saying that mesmer is so bad that even mesmer mains do not rly touch it while atm even not mesmer mains abuse it in ats and mats. That other classes get abused too with equally or even lamer builds doesn't rly matter for that.

• Thanks 1

Its warrior.

57 minutes ago, melcor.1094 said:

mesmer is so bad that even mesmer mains do not rly touch it while atm even not mesmer mains abuse it in ats and mats. 

Seems about right. The builds that allow skill expression kinda suck or have janky stipulations in how the skills should work. If you are trying to play glass spellslinger, it is pain. 

If you're trying to waste everyone's time at the cost of your soul theres like three builds for that on chrono and virt, but a good portion of mesmers that enjoy the class because of reasons not stemming from vestigial bandwagoners abusing really poor design choices find it unpleasant.

I'd imagine its kind of like the original introduction of bladesworn for warriors, but purple:

A portion of mains going "I wanna wipe people off the map, what is this bunker thing, the interesting thing is still bugged or weak", a few people rabidly defending the bunker thing because it carries them, and like three people playing it skilfully. 

I'm wary to say that because most of those bandwagon builds made it impossible for me to play the game for years, but I don't think the solution for that is to ensure nothing but time wasting bunker works. Hopefully there's a middle ground between "this mesmer is running mirage, no threat" and "this mesmer is running mirage, please log out".

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 9:01 AM, Nomad.5204 said:

cause being locked in as a sidenoder in almost every build on warrior gets old quick.

basically described warrior since 2012 with some rare tiny occasion of support spellbreaker in the mix only after path of fire.

but yea, warhorn is definitely a fun weapon set, currently my favorite warrior offhand weapon.

OT:

mesmer definitely alot of fun. Mesmer is an incredibly fun class in terms of skill execution. power mes that is. with the exception of condi mirage, condi mirage is pretty fun too, the none staff one.

i enjoy fighting mesmer and enjoy playing as one, that's what I consider fun.

I don't enjoy playing with gimmicks that are unfun to fight against.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Haha 1

Right now, Vindicator. Thief has been my favorite class for a long time, but I believe I'm starting to enjoy the high actions per minute and loads of options you have as vindicator. The problem is a first started playing it a bit before the February update, and now I'm struggling to feel rewarded when I do something well on it. Maybe I need to start redefining what "doing some thing well" is and just play better. But this 2 v 2 season has been kicking my butt. 

I love my elementalist. Ele can move with incredible speed, can be invulnerable when needed, can clean up dozens of conditioners at a time, can take off stan againg and again, can spread fields of fire on invisible opponents so that when invisibility ends, they come out of it fallen, can even create a field that moves with me!  No one runs away! My ele is the best for me!

I like the guardian too. My teammate in the 2x2 team is a guardian. My ele is practically invulnerable when my teammate-guardian with me! I wish the 2x2 seasons were longer. I like it. Now I have to wait a long time for a new 2x2 season.