Reaper is seriously getting out of control (part 2)

Eugchriss.2046

I think I learned overall from this thread that people are tired of long lasting fights in situations where they can actively do damage rather than waiting to do damage. It seems to be a psychological issue of feeling like they're wasting effort with no payout.

I think the solution to this problem is playing a build where people don't have the ability to play at all. I may switch classes for a while. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I think I learned overall from this thread that people are tired of long lasting fights in situations where they can actively do damage rather than waiting to do damage. It seems to be a psychological issue of feeling like they're wasting effort with no payout.

I think the solution to this problem is playing a build where people don't have the ability to play at all. I may switch classes for a while. 

I said it in another previous thread, the long-enduring problem is,, when Anet decided attacked and removed Guild Wars  Holy Trinity.

Guild Wars Holy Trinity gave each Professions their meaning and their identity. It also gave the Profession and the game its core lore, value and its purpose. It provided its players to see through the eyes of each Professions lore and to experience their world as their own.

The sole purpose was to transverse their cultivated world and diverse experience into Guild Wars 2.

But it didn't!!

Upon Guild Wars 2 release, it changed and destroyed Guild Wars Philosophy and replaced it with a colonial Philosophy of treating the World of Guild Wars as equal with sharing the same recourses and forcing it to experience each other experiences and lore as its own.

Guild Wars 2 World forced each Professions to share the same resources, forced each Professions to play each others lore, forced each Profession to use each other skills, forced each Profession to use each others mechanics, forced each Professions to have access to each other weapons, ranges, mechanics, runes, spells, conditions, sigils, designs, roles.

Creating a Scapegoat Profession ideology and Favorite Profession ideology- Necromancer Profession vs Everyone

Forcing meaningful, valuable lessons with enduring efforts into a quick instant death submission

Guild Wars 2 took Guild Wars World and hijack it and enslave its world, its people, Professions into submission or else.

Redemption / Salvation

Guild Wars 2 need to submit itself to Guild Wars root and to respectfully return what was taken from it and to bring honor to each Professions stories; their experiences and to what their ancestors believed and fought for.

This is the only way for Guild Wars 2 to save itself!!

https://legal.guildwars.com/en/docs/gwp-manual.pdf

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_Professions

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Condition

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 4/16/2023 at 2:56 PM, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Play reaper. Do it.

You missed the point entirely...the number of reapers in the game cannot be ignored, yes...there is loads of hot air and banter as you'd expect from typical forum threads but..the truth is the vast majority of folks here have never faced this level of necro gameplay:

Yes...he doesn't play anymore and I know the "emoji kids" will see the age of the video and do their thing but whatever...this is just an example of what it means to play against actual necro players...not the "walk in a straight line for my sacred pewpew" sort of necros this lot in this thread must have faced. I faced this guy a couple of times in PVP and wvw and it wasn't a pleasant experience. There are a dozen players close to his level, who play variants of power and condi reaper, the combination of quickness GM  and chill spam can turn a fight from a certain defeat to insta win.

Add the death trait line, a demolisher amulet and speed runes, worm stunbreak teleport, unblockable marks, dash and a 50% dmg reduction mechanic on a 10s CD  and it's not so fun anymore to talk gibberish like this lot in this thread.

The same people who mock the OP and people who support his claim...are the same ones who used to laugh at "ele downstate" meme, then a couple of buffs later they come crushing on the forum crying that ele players on the same level of Grimjack, Blamthrax kicked their kitten while using an ele.....everything is fun and jokes when they can pew-pew some hotjoin hero on necro.....I'd love to see them when the enemy team get a couple of dudes like Holts plus support.

Can necro be beaten? yes of course...like every other class, don't need any of the clowns here telling us "Just range necro"... D'HOOOOOOO, what a mastermind...teach us sensei, I'd say to them.

This is not a thread claiming "OMG necro SO OPPPP" , this is just to say how oppressive is to fight a decently played necro...just like all other classes to a different degree, the same ones cried about by the PRO-champions here calling noobs everybody else

• Confused 7

12 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Psychological? What kind of games have you ever played where you need to run around waiting for the enemy's defences to drop so that you can do dmg? This only happens in GW2 where people can go immune/dmg reduction/stealth/invulnerability..and with the added ability to do dmg in some instances....GW1 made me love MMO.....GW2 had the opposite factor....a joke and a disgrace of a balance. a mockery of the legacy left by previous designers....who must have all left after sniffing the direction this company was going

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

48 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You missed the point entirely...the number of reapers in the game cannot be ignored, yes...there is loads of hot air and banter as you'd expect from typical forum threads but..the truth is the vast majority of folks here have never faced this level of necro gameplay:

Yes...he doesn't play anymore and I know the "emoji kids" will see the age of the video and do their thing but whatever...this is just an example of what it means to play against actual necro players...not the "walk in a straight line for my sacred pewpew" sort of necros this lot in this thread must have faced. I faced this guy a couple of times in PVP and wvw and it wasn't a pleasant experience. There are a dozen players close to his level, who play variants of power and condi reaper, the combination of quickness GM  and chill spam can turn a fight from a certain defeat to insta win.

Add the death trait line, a demolisher amulet and speed runes, worm stunbreak teleport, unblockable marks, dash and a 50% dmg reduction mechanic on a 10s CD  and it's not so fun anymore to talk gibberish like this lot in this thread.

The same people who mock the OP and people who support his claim...are the same ones who used to laugh at "ele downstate" meme, then a couple of buffs later they come crushing on the forum crying that ele players on the same level of Grimjack, Blamthrax kicked their kitten while using an ele.....everything is fun and jokes when they can pew-pew some hotjoin hero on necro.....I'd love to see them when the enemy team get a couple of dudes like Holts plus support.

Can necro be beaten? yes of course...like every other class, don't need any of the clowns here telling us "Just range necro"... D'HOOOOOOO, what a mastermind...teach us sensei, I'd say to them.

This is not a thread claiming "OMG necro SO OPPPP" , this is just to say how oppressive is to fight a decently played necro...just like all other classes to a different degree, the same ones cried about by the PRO-champions here calling noobs everybody else

If a person with 10000 hours of their class, good game sense, good mastery of their class mechanics, and a good understanding of matchups wasn't oppressive to fight... that would be indicative of a much larger problem with balance. 

I love fighting players who obviously know their class inside and out. It's a great way to learn what works, and what you only get away with because of player error. 

Would it be more appropriate if this person wasn't challenging to fight despite the obvious hard work they put in?

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Sounds like you have an issue with people being better than you.

57 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Psychological? What kind of games have you ever played where you need to run around waiting for the enemy's defences to drop so that you can do dmg? This only happens in GW2 where people can go immune/dmg reduction/stealth/invulnerability..and with the added ability to do dmg in some instances....GW1 made me love MMO.....GW2 had the opposite factor....a joke and a disgrace of a balance. a mockery of the legacy left by previous designers....who must have all left after sniffing the direction this company was going

The only MMOs I've ever pvp'd in where earth and beyond, lineage 2, and guild wars 2. All these had mechanics where you had to wait to deal damage either through invulnerability or such high damage reduction that you'd be wasting your skills. Three is not a high count, no and two are under the same publisher but its enough to refute your claim so I'm rolling with it.

20 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

If a person with 10000 hours of their class, good game sense, good mastery of their class mechanics, and a good understanding of matchups wasn't oppressive to fight... that would be indicative of a much larger problem with balance. 

I love fighting players who obviously know their class inside and out. It's a great way to learn what works, and what you only get away with because of player error. 

Would it be more appropriate if this person wasn't challenging to fight despite the obvious hard work they put in?

This guy gets it, I think the guy i quoted twice above just doesn't like to lose ever.

15 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I rarely see this argument for other classes if at all..what's the difference?

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I rarely see this argument for other classes if at all..what's the difference?

It should apply to every class.

I don't main Necro (in fact they counter the builds I play), but I'm making this argument for them regardless because this logic should apply to everyone.