stop the farming in mist castle

Duke Nukem.6783

On 4/16/2023 at 6:07 AM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I am so sick of my team intentionally not capturing the objective because killing defenders is what they want to do for bags. this is not intentional game design and directly counters the entire point of the game mode.

please fix this exploit.

they could make rewards by caping and defending only , but no they decide to make it that killing people give you more rewards , so at some point , you see the players as open world mobs rather than real players , and clearly thats hard to fix for them

Edited by Denver.4621

9 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Sometimes people do it because they don't like that server lol. Sometimes your reputation precedes you and some people just don't like certain guilds if they have an annoying playstyle.

Sabotaging the attack is also typical for bottom feeder servers that aim for second place. In these cases they just focus on attacking the weakest server after the stronger server passes through them. Very common practice in t1, though much less common due to recent events. Not to name names but it'll probably restart again next week xD

🙂 Vendetta is a whole separate item. Revenge is a valid tactic, but rule #2 is by default hit those who control SMC, else you are more likely to going to get the joy of double teamed while you don't hold it. On a side note agree, a lot of peeps go for the easy hit the side that is being hammered approach, which is their own fault when they face a side that holds it and ranks it to T3.

7 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Turns out, most PvP players do.
And not always for the same reasons.

Recently I got a rare whisper from an enemy who was upset that I came with friends and why I didn't want to fight 1v1. I told them: "Welcome to WvW". 

People who are PvP'ers and come to WvW often misunderstand that WvW is not just about individual fights it seems. They end up frustrated or just get together with a couple of friends themselves and gank weaker opponents. They don't give a rat's kitten about the strategic aspect of WvW, which sets it apart from PvP.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 4/16/2023 at 3:29 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The point of the game mode isn't taking SMC either though.

I mean, it was ignored back during the Perma-T1 days of TC/JQ/BG, lol. It would flip every 5-10 minutes because nobody wanted to defend it - it was too much of a pain. I rarely saw it past Tier 1. Tier 3 was unheard of during those days.

On 4/16/2023 at 12:07 AM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I am so sick of my team intentionally not capturing the objective because killing defenders is what they want to do for bags. this is not intentional game design and directly counters the entire point of the game mode.

please fix this exploit.

The issue is that players drop loot.  They shouldn't.  Drops should come from objectives and reward tracks, not guilds trading kills.  This issue resolves itself once players no longer drop loot mostly.  Then, they will just kill trade for ranks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

On 4/16/2023 at 2:07 PM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

please fix this exploit.

#1 This isn't an exploit
#2 Anet says when the game was in development that everyone can play however they wanted to.

Please don't waste resources and fix things that aren't broken. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

#1 This isn't an exploit
#2 Anet says when the game was in development that everyone can play however they wanted to.

Please don't waste resources and fix things that aren't broken. 

Its funny since zerging and not capping is what actually sounds like what is blocking ANet from releasing the failed attack event. So the zergling bag farmers impacted both attackers and defenders. Good job? Fix defense events, consider bag farmers in the attack events that don't follow thru with the cap. Add in the reason to win versus farm. Pay the player for the fight, pay the server to win the skirmish and the week even more. Deal with stacking and transfers and don't allow over stacking or penalize for doing so.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
details
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:07 AM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

please fix this exploit.

Defenders get more rewards btw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 2:20 AM, xDumplinx.7983 said:

Sorry I disagree with you completely. It’s this constant calling for reward nerfs, class nerfs, Maguuma nerfs (can sort of agree with this one lol) that is driving WvW into the ground.

No wonder the Dev(s) don’t give it any love, when all they get it run down for anything they try.  Yes, some of the recent changes are questionable, but they obviously have a direction or vision for WvW.

To say bag farming is an exploit is like saying wall repairers were exploiting. So maybe bags need to be removed from WvW to make you happy?

Maybe remove every single reward from WvW, remove levels, remove legendary armour, it all has to go - seems to be the only way to please people.  Or maybe just shut the game down and all problems are solved instantly?

Seems to be the only way to please people.

/end of rant

you don't get to disagree with me, the goal of wvw is to capture things, this exploit encourages NOT doing that

you don't disagree with me at all, you just want to exploit a broken system

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1