May 2nd Balance patch for Ele

Mini Crinny.6190

10 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

This resultet in too low alac output and a healtempest with nearly 100% boon duration was struggling to keep the alac up.

Its not like its gonna help HAT. It needs some slack on alac uptime a sec or two extra would make this actually fun to play. Otherwise ur are forced into warhorn gameplay and/or miss out on some combos during ur attunement swaps. But hey i guess we will have to wait for another two months. 

1 hour ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Its not like its gonna help HAT. It needs some slack on alac uptime a sec or two extra would make this actually fun to play. Otherwise ur are forced into warhorn gameplay and/or miss out on some combos during ur attunement swaps. But hey i guess we will have to wait for another two months. 

You are optimistic  , but i hope you are true , more alac (enough to not go Ol - then attunement swap - Ol again) and plz better range on boon share .

staff had a massiv rework but nobody will use it except on very easy static fights (were there is no need for this extra heal bonuses from staff) .

Atm i see no benefit for a group having a Hat instead of a ham or a druid , mainly because boon access.(rebound being the only benefit)

I really miss the bastion of element gameplay , you could take aura on succeeding an Ol + aura share , auras from shouts for some really nice healing access , now if  attune to water and leave it , i feel very lackluster on heals.

As for dps alac tempest , i don't even want to mention it , feel like a bad joke ... not a single dps improvement trait for a dps/alac in the whole tempest traitline .... not mentioning the huge investement in precision needed to be slightly correct on crit. chance...

Edited by zeyeti.8347

47 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

You are optimistic  , but i hope you are true , more alac (enough to not go Ol - then attunement swap - Ol again) and plz better range on boon share .

staff had a massiv rework but nobody will use it except on very easy static fights (were there is no need for this extra heal bonuses from staff) .

Atm i see no benefit for a group having a Hat instead of a ham or a druid , mainly because boon access.(rebound being the only benefit)

I really miss the bastion of element gameplay , you could take aura on succeeding an Ol + aura share , auras from shouts for some really nice healing access , now if  attune to water and leave it , i feel very lackluster on heals.

As for dps alac tempest , i don't even want to mention it , feel like a bad joke ... not a single dps improvement trait for a dps/alac in the whole tempest traitline .... not mentioning the huge investement in precision needed to be slightly correct on crit. chance...

HAT really isnt in that bad of a spot as people make it out to be... Especially when the alac+might uptime gets abit better so less people struggle with that. 

Most healers got their own weaknesses and strengths. There are more then enough scenarios in raids/strikes where Tempest is very solid up to BiS pick. 

3 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Dont get me wrong, HAT is perfectly usable and can pull his weight, but its not fun because of tight rotation. I actually mostly play it with staff. The problem is its not fun. Tight rotation makes u swap attunement on cd which is not something you want to do in a few situations. Thats why i think anet should increase alac uptime to give HAT some more breathing space on deciding which skill to use and when instead of swapping attunement push all of the availible skills of cd, rinse and repeat. 

3 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Stab, stun breaks etc, there are a few reasons.

2 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

HAT really isnt in that bad of a spot as people make it out to be... Especially when the alac+might uptime gets abit better so less people struggle with that. 

Its not in a bad spot for sure. But it could be better. 

Annnd ofc there is catalyst which needs more attention. Its been more than a year now and catalyst still has a "1 dmg" on hammer 3. Anet needs to make this class easier to play by moving some of its dps from modifiers to lets say hammer 3. Or give some slack on stacks uptime. Or/and remove energy from F5. Its not that hard to do people. Every rotation atm can pull 4 jade spheres per rotation. Its no brainer for experienced players, but it limits beginers/average player gameplay. Just make it cd based and thats it. 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Dont get me wrong, HAT is perfectly usable and can pull his weight, but its not fun because of tight rotation. I actually mostly play it with staff. The problem is its not fun. Tight rotation makes u swap attunement on cd which is not something you want to do in a few situations. Thats why i think anet should increase alac uptime to give HAT some more breathing space on deciding which skill to use and when instead of swapping attunement push all of the availible skills of cd, rinse and repeat. 

I definitely agree that there's room for improvement. Also a big part of the HAT community seems to be just relatively bad at the spec ( for most healer roles this is typically the case, but for HAT & Dudu it really shows). 

Its just that i think that HAT doesn't deserve the total disrespect it usually gets on the forums and gw2 community in general. F.E. i did an accidental solo heal on QTP last week with 3 relatively new pylons that needed quite abit of babysitting, had to rez a couple players and overall suboptimal execution of some of the mechanics by the dps. Sure boonuptime on squad could've been quite abit better, but apart from Dudu theres no healer that could pull that off (and just autoattacking with your staff in water is alot easier then all the mess that the Dudu needs to go through to get roughly the same result). 

6 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Stab, stun breaks etc, there are a few reasons.

All other healers have that too and mostly more efficient than Hat ones . Hat can use a bit more boon uptime on alacrity , will help it to not have a tight rotation (only healer who actually has a rotation ...) and use Ol with more room , the aurashare with aura proc right after an Ol + bastion was such a cool synergy ...

druid is the best ranged healer 

Hfb is a monster , slap aegis and stab , + ammo breakstun , area condi cleanse on a 4 sec cd , does not need any cast time for quickness , so he can heal while booning 

Ham is stupidily easy to play , has access to a perma boon beacon and can be an amazing tank

Sure 75% of the endgame content doesnt need a super optimal healer and Hat do the job and is usefull on certain bosses because of rebound . But franckly as soulknight says , it is not fun , it plays like a dps , you have like 4-5 secs free after each overload and need to swap asap to anither one , wait 4 secs for your Ol to be ready , so it's either i heal or i boon , cannot do the two at the same time and the way every player plays it for optimal boon uptime is swap attunement , squeeze as many skills as you can till the Ol is ready , OL , then swap attunement , repeat ... the other healers can just relax , have passive boon procing or on a very tiny cats time , so they can focus on healing .

5 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Sure boonuptime on squad could've been quite abit better

Ofc playing with staff boon uptime will be crappy , you need everyone sticked to the boss to have your alacrity and not talking about might and prot. uptime for QTP , as i said it's either a very good healer with staff or a really good booner with dagger/warhorn , but cannot be the two at the same time .

I don't count it in the méta healers , i've tryed it , and i have 0 fun with it , the aura sharing is useless , except the frost one (who you don't take mostly) alacrity should be put in tier 2 traits (as all other healers have) thats really frustrating to see that the only good trait for tempest are in the last row , all the other below are franckly useless ... i'd rather play a core ele heal able to have shouts instead of a tempest ... it is the least "méta" played healer for a reason.

5 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

and just autoattacking with your staff in water is alot easier then all the mess that the Dudu needs to go through to get roughly the same result

Except that you cannot stay AA in water for the previous reason mentionned , druid can go avatar and still pull off his might , his alacrity , his régen , his prot. , fury etc etc . With alacrity , druid has his avatar available each 7-8 secs and can stay in avatar for a total of 15 secs , his healing output to allies is way stronger than Hat with all the +% healing on allies he has , but ofc if you camp water staff AA you will be the best healer of the game , boon uptime 0 , but best healer ...

Hat need to be improved if anet want it at the same level of the other healers , but does they want it ? or even care ? For ele (once more) the patch is for pvp/wvw , nothing in pve adressed , just a bug fix for tempest , the least they can do ...

and i think you forget the elite glyph able to ressurect on it's own people far away , it is a higher cooldown than the geyser passiv down healing from arcane , but geyser heals up to +35% , the glyph is ridiculously more powerfull than that , and slap some boons at the same time ,12% 6 pulse ... far more powerfull.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203 said:

It seems they were too lazy to change the tooltip for stone heart.

The patch has not happen yet.

I would love to see dimon skin become swap too BUT aoe (i would not mind seeing stone heart become aoe on the swap out.) The sigent effect needs to lose the -20% cd but give aoe stab on use or some other boon at the same time keeping the sigent effect for the ele.

Is quickness working on overloads its kind of hard to tell. It reads as an 4 sec cast time and it still seems to be taking 4 sec to cast when under the effect of quickness. Has any one else looked into this? (there oddly no one talking about the update but say for stone hart update)

42 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Is quickness working on overloads its kind of hard to tell. It reads as an 4 sec cast time and it still seems to be taking 4 sec to cast when under the effect of quickness. Has any one else looked into this? (there oddly no one talking about the update but say for stone hart update)

It was supposed to fix a bug on alacrity with Ol water and earth missing 1 alac pulse from Lucid Singularity , people thought overloads would go faster but no .

it's boons pulsing trough them who goes a bit faster , so by doing that anet assure an overload don't miss a pulse because of animation i guess.

Whats funny now is that it had a reverse effect on OL water , you now get 1 alac pulse more with quickness turning up 14 sec to 16 secs (thats how it should do for all OL btw) ... i know i know , shhhhhhttttt to me , for once there is a positive bug for tempest ...

make that "bug" happen on all other Ol anet plz 😇

And Ol cast faster with quickness for me (nothing changed previoulsy the patch) , i noticed no change and alacrity is up to 11 sec after successfully overloading , 2.8 sec to OL with quick -> 11.2 alacrity at the end , works fine , but still too weak 

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Melee range support is garbage now in WvW. Really noticing random rapid fires from the zergs. 

This is due to 1) Storeheart being 5s, and 2) cantrip cds not being reducible. I have ditched earth all together for air movement, or play 1200 range staff coward now. Or zele tempest with lucid syng. Totally unnecessary gimps to the class for this game mode. I don't play the other game modes unless I want to farm a skin or mount or gamble. This class gets worse and worse every patch. 

Kbye. Not reading any responses ever.