Weaver DMG feels off after the last "bug fix"

Venres.1603

Hello all,

I was wondering if any fellow weaver players noticed a slight drop in Weaver DPS as well.

Since that last patch where the exploit with that tonic abuse was fixed, my weaver feels just off. When I did my daily rota training, I did about 3k less dps than before and I can't put my finger on it of why that is.

I'm using the exact same gear and traits as in the snowcrows page yet ArcDPS only shows 97% crits during a whole 4 Mio. HP Golem

Anyone else also feels something odd about weavers after the exploit fix?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Venres.1603 said:

38k is still 4k below the benchmark.

Weaver still lacking after today's patch :V

Lmao. I'm not a benchmarker. The highest dps I can get on golem before and after the bug fix is 38k final number. You are spreading misinformation about Weaver when you haven't even mastered the rotation. The bug only involved sunspot and combat tonics. I tested sunspot, it still works. I tested elements of rage. It still works. I even tested electric discharge. It still works. So tell me, where is this "4k dps loss" that you claim is a reality coming from?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 6:47 PM, jcH.7109 said:

Lmao. I'm not a benchmarker. The highest dps I can get on golem before and after the bug fix is 38k final number. You are spreading misinformation about Weaver when you haven't even mastered the rotation. The bug only involved sunspot and combat tonics. I tested sunspot, it still works. I tested elements of rage. It still works. I even tested electric discharge. It still works. So tell me, where is this "4k dps loss" that you claim is a reality coming from?

???????

I have mastered the rota, I've been playing Weaver since it has been released and mained it for most of my Gw2 Journey. 

Since they disabled Weaver and reenabled it again, theres a dmg difference with the same rotation. Ive asked weaver friends and they had the same observation. Unless someone shows me a 42k Bench after this patch I'll stand at my point.

Speaking of Sun Spot, why does ARC DPS now register it in its crit-calculation? It's now showing as non-crit every time in the ArcDPS Log and it lowers the average crit hits to 97%~ish when before the Update it was simply left out of that calculation since it never crits.

Also, if you can't hit the bench yourself, maybe stay low and let the people talk who can.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

There are always bugs after a balance patch .

For example specter can't use Thrill of the Crime with his Siphon , it give 0 boons , but you can target your mini pet with it , and then it give the boons from this trait ... hilarous . 

Venres.1603 check with Superior Elements and without , a fella ele players think the +15% crit. chance seems a bit off , this may be the issue as you have 97% crits , as i remind before the crit. chance was 10% so maybe this balance reversed it to a previous version . I can't test it out , i suck with ele dps whole.

Anything can happen with this spaghetti code .

• Like 1

Oh the coincidence... A bug that puts it out of commission (I mean, seriously? Randomly deleting an entire profession because that's the ONLY possible option they could think of), then after a couple of days of Anet "fixing" it, the spec as a whole feels off 

I noticed the loss of effectiveness the second it came back ingame. Not just the damage, but it's sustain as well in my opinion. 

But what can one do? Join the bandwagon and support EOD by playing Catalyst. That's what is wanted

Edit: please give me more confusion emoji's. I feed of people's cluelessness 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Venres.1603 said:

???????

I have mastered the rota, I've been playing Weaver since it has been released and mained it for most of my Gw2 Journey. 

Since they disabled Weaver and reenabled it again, theres a dmg difference with the same rotation. Ive asked weaver friends and they had the same observation. Unless someone shows me a 42k Bench after this patch I'll stand at my point.

Speaking of Sun Spot, why does ARC DPS now register it in its crit-calculation? It's now showing as non-crit every time in the ArcDPS Log and it lowers the average crit hits to 97%~ish when before the Update it was simply left out of that calculation since it never crits.

Also, if you can't hit the bench yourself, maybe stay low and let the people talk who can.

When I did my daily rota training, I did about 3k less dps than before and I can't put my finger on it of why that is.

You have mastered the rotation and yet you still do "daily rotation training" on golem? Go ahead and upload proof of getting a higher number than I can.

So you acknowledge that sunspot, elements of rage, and electric discharge all work, and yet you're going to continue to claim that there is this magical dps loss after the bug fix without any proof? You realize that typically when one makes a claim, the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim? Good job. Keep spreading misinformation with no evidence whatsoever.

Edit:

You also seem to lack understanding of how the weaver benchmark is as high as it is. The person who uploaded that video does back to back weave self rotations off cooldown with an altered second weave self rotation in an unrealistic manner while perfectly spamming their buttons off cooldown that is not practical in a raid setting when the boss will phase or move before you can pull it off. The numbers I showed you are from the actual rotation I perform in a raid.

Edited by jcH.7109

18 hours ago, jcH.7109 said:

You have mastered the rotation and yet you still do "daily rotation training" on golem? Go ahead and upload proof of getting a higher number than I can.

Sorry but ele is not like a bike , you can quickly forget that stuff or loose reflexes, if he needs to train his rotation everyday , well thats his problem , i personnaly run off ele dps , can't go above 33k ...

And Venres.1603 said he had 97% of totals crits... (dunno if he ment 97 with supérior elements or without ) if you do your rotation on a golem with 100% weakness uptime it should be at 100% .

Maybe you are lucky with crit. chance and didn't missed one single or play with one more assasin piece , but thats a possibility.

As i said all weird stuff happen after a balance patch , remind rolling proc fire blast bugged because they changed the actual skill or the nuts sunspot with 2x attunement bug ... having a trait reversing to it's previous state (+10% crit. chance vs +15% ) is not so akward when you see all the other stuff happening , i mean seriously ... i can f1 my minipet as specter to give people around some might , fury and swiftness ...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Sorry but ele is not like a bike , you can quickly forget that stuff or loose reflexes, if he needs to train his rotation everyday , well thats his problem , i personnaly run off ele dps , can't go above 33k ...

And Venres.1603 said he had 97% of totals crits... (dunno if he ment 97 with supérior elements or without ) if you do your rotation on a golem with 100% weakness uptime it should be at 100% .

Maybe you are lucky with crit. chance and didn't missed one single or play with one more assasin piece , but thats a possibility.

As i said all weird stuff happen after a balance patch , remind rolling proc fire blast bugged because they changed the actual skill or the nuts sunspot with 2x attunement bug ... having a trait reversing to it's previous state (+10% crit. chance vs +15% ) is not so akward when you see all the other stuff happening , i mean seriously ... i can f1 my minipet as specter to give people around some might , fury and swiftness ...

No, you really don't need to practice on golem once you've mastered the rotation. Once you've built your muscle memory from doing actual raids/strikes/fractals, you don't ever need to go back to golem unless you want to test something new, especially not on a DAILY basis. Also, did you even read his post?

On 5/4/2023 at 6:17 AM, Venres.1603 said:

He is implying that he could hit the benchmark himself, since he started the discussion, talking as if he's better at weaver than I am. So I'm asking for proof. Simple as that. Forget hitting the benchmark, I just want to see him get higher dps than me, which he should be able to do easily given how condescending he decided to be.

He also says:

On 5/4/2023 at 6:17 AM, Venres.1603 said:

Speaking of Sun Spot, why does ARC DPS now register it in its crit-calculation? It's now showing as non-crit every time in the ArcDPS Log and it lowers the average crit hits to 97%~ish

Which already explains his 97% crit rate, not a reduction in the crit chance from superior elements.

Edited by jcH.7109
  • Confused 2

Ah yeah  mb , as sunspot never crits , this is the 3% left .

But i disagree on the daily routine on golem , as i play a lot of different classes , sometimes i need to refresh myself on some peculiar rotation , not everyday but regularly . But thats off subject.

• Like 1