Infusion Extractor

Does anyone know if the INFUSION EXTRACTOR works on an Ascended Precursor piece of armor?  I bought my Precursor Ascended armor in WvW and put infusions on them to be able to use it while accumulating all materials needed to craft my Legendary pieces. Then only to find that using that precursor to craft the Legendary, destroyed my infusions and upgrades....is there a way, using this extractor, to keep my infusions?  Or, any suggestions?

Infusion extracter will only take out any infusions. The upgrade extractor will take out both your infusions as also your runes/sigils. Also, when you used the mystic forge for crafting your legendary piece, you should have gotten a red line of text saying that any slotted runes/sigils/infusions would get destroyed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! Guessing I need to purchase ANOTHER WvW precursor chest piece as I don’t want to lose my +13 Agony Infusion that I accidentally placed on that Ascended Precusor piece….the cost of the 250 Memory of Battle is far less then losing the Infusion….do you know if there is some other type of infusion other than Agony that we should be using for WvW?  

• Confused 1

Yes I have fractal mastery and found the merchant there to buy those...was more asking if it would DESTROY my precursor piece...as didn't know if  the Infusion Extractor was different from the Ascended Salvage Kit .I was told that when playing fractals, that Agony Infusions were the best to use....I just made my Legendary pieces recently......loads of time and gold to get to that point....still trying to figure out the best things to use for armor and weapons in WvW....thank you!!

55 minutes ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

Yes I have fractal mastery and found the merchant there to buy those...was more asking if it would DESTROY my precursor piece...as didn't know if  the Infusion Extractor was different from the Ascended Salvage Kit .I was told that when playing fractals, that Agony Infusions were the best to use....I just made my Legendary pieces recently......loads of time and gold to get to that point....still trying to figure out the best things to use for armor and weapons in WvW....thank you!!

No it wont destroy any ascended stuff only extract aka remove infusions.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

LlNKEN, So what your saying is that using the Extractor WILL NOT destroy my precursor ASCENDED piece of armor?? Your positive on that? Would be amazing if so.....

Yes 100% positive about that.

What will destroy your precursor armor is either stat changing it in the mystic forge, ascended salvage kit or straight up click drag and drop it outside of invetory to delete it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

LlNKEN, So what your saying is that using the Extractor WILL NOT destroy my precursor ASCENDED piece of armor?? Your positive on that? Would be amazing if so.....

They wouldn't be named Extractors if they didn't extract the infusions and leave the armor alone. Otherwise it would be named Salvage Kit with a 100% chance of extracting upgrades and infusions. 😉

For upgrades and infusions both, you will need an Upgrade Extractor (I recommend the endless version, it's super useful). For infusions only, you use the Infusion Extraction Device.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

I'm sure, in 500 years it will have amortized its cost.

😄 Well, I meant that it is super useful. Unless you want to waste Gems on the one-use version instead, which will cost you more in the long run. 😉

Unfortunately, it is the only extractor for upgrades and infusions.

• Confused 3

44 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Unless you want to waste Gems on the one-use version instead,

That's 250gems for 3 uses, i.e. currently 29g for 1 use.

No rune/sigil (all below 10g, except some useless fake/collector items) in an armor/weapon have a value to justify this. Look into the HP how much you get there for the combie or just destroy the cheaper to get the more expensive.

Crafting legendary runes/sigils doesn't pay off in the short run as well, but seem more useful to me than a endless extractor.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1