Please put some sort of timer on the gates of Arah event

Having to sit here and do nothing for up to an hour and a half to get my Zhaitan skin is really kind of annoying.  Even if there was just a timer on the screen where it says the gates of arah are under pact control...add a little timer there.  The gates of arah have been under pact control for xx:xx time.   PLEASE!!  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Isn't it part of dynamic events chain? Hence why no timer.

but according to the wiki the defense event, which also counts for the collection, happens 1.5 hours after the gates were taken or the last defense event.  so there is some sort of internal timer in the game to track that.  I'm just asking for them to make that timer visible.  If the gates are not under pact control then yes you do have to do the dynamic event chain.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Isn't it part of dynamic events chain? Hence why no timer.

Assault is, but defence events are on strict timers. They happen after 90 minutes after succesful assault, or after (alternatively, because there are two different defence events with different timers) 30 or 90 minutes after last succesful defence event.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

A thread came up on this recently and I gave t he same reply there: The timers for these metas are way too long and were from an era when Orr was end-game. They should be reduced to, at most, 15 minutes, which is plenty of time for players to accomplish all the tasks at each temple.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, AlessioP.2460 said:

I have been waiting at the Dwayna Temple for several days for the event to spawn as well.

The defence event for Dwayna can be up for only seconds if you are unlucky. If the quaggan champ spawns, he sometimes doesn't even make it near the stairs before being burst down.

The actual attack event happens seldom during the day, at least on EU.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Sad 1