Pairings - Please do not pair 2 medium servers

20 hours ago, Glass Hand.7306 said:

During the day there is NOBODY. 

Did your server mates ever consider to log in during day? I mean that would solve both problems at once: your status will go up from medium, and ppl can finally play the game together 🤡

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

LMAO blame blackgate bandwagon for that.

🤭🍿

It actually happened twice in a row. The first time was BG link Kaineng. The second time BG link was Devona. We also got to know all the romantic corners of the Red Borderland. In addition, since we were the weakest side, there was also a constant 2v1. Because as you know, two strong servers cannot fight each other. It's just not prestigious if your pants get dirty while rolling in the mud. It's easier to beat smaller guys (servers).

• Haha 1

At least you got a link... My server (Desolation) is marked as full almost permanently. No link for the second time in a row. I've had the (mis)fortune of playing outside of my regular hours the last couple of weeks.

Here's what I've experienced over the last linking period...

6am to 10am: less than 10 players vs 25+

10am to 2pm: 10 to 15 players vs 25+

2pm to 6pm: less than 25 players vs 30-50+

6pm to 12am: 25 to 65 players vs 100+

12am to 3am: 35 to 45 players vs 60+

3am to 6am: 20 to 35 players vs 40+

We've faced Baruch Bay for a few weeks in a row now. They're the only Spanish server and are kept open due to that fact and their active times are spread out to span from 7pm to 4am and they're able to field multiple squads of 25-50.

During this period we've faced two German servers and Piken Square and in most cases when BB are slowing down, there's a brief window before the other opposing server comes online to morning cap.

These numbers are based on squad counts and factor in the addition of non-squadies I count during fights. Enemy numbers are taken using the "know thy enemy" ArcDps add-on.

EU linking just makes this worse. Also these observations are from having faced opposition through tiers 2-5 including the top dogs of Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe.

I would really like to see the concrete calculations used by Anet to determine population status because from where I'm standing and based on my personal experience (10 years active on Desolation, I've seen firsthand the times where we had an active night and morning crew and those days are far behind us) something is very off with the population status.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1