FIX the DC's!

Darkbeefy.5729

4 hours ago, Darkbeefy.5729 said:

17 dc's in 3 hrs. You have got to be insane to believe you fixed the problem Anet. Not just me either-common for last 2 weeks with heaps of peeps. If you want folks to bail on the game then you are doing a good job.

Agree the new bug that was added in the queuing for PvE maps need to be fixed for WvW. People should not run into issues and kicked out of WvW to go back to PvE. There is a bug in the new megaserver code that is impacting WvW for a PvE issue, ID it and remove please.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ANet, I play on a paperclip connection. So when facing reset and having guildmates that have fiber getting kicked back to Lion's Arch and not out of game. That's a queue bug. When are we going to address this? Tech support sending them info to send in diag information makes no sense. If it was an internet provider issue it wouldn't kick people to another portion of the game. This all started after the queue for an individual PvE map logic was applied. +1 for improving the game -100 for impacting WvW for PvE changes. How about a queue bug update?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ok ANet, I play on a paperclip connection. So when facing reset and having guildmates that have fiber getting kicked back to Lion's Arch and not out of game. That's a queue bug. When are we going to address this? Tech support sending them info to send in diag information makes no sense. If it was an internet provider issue it wouldn't kick people to another portion of the game. This all started after the queue for an individual PvE map logic was applied. +1 for improving the game -100 for impacting WvW for PvE changes. How about a queue bug update?

This +1000

Having 3-5 people disconnect at the start of most engagements really shouldn't be a thing or feature in a game as old as this one.  Add on top of that having to wait in que for a long period to get back in.  Its really time players had a xx second que placeholder to get back on map.

The que bug has existed since launch.

As for the disconnects, I personally have not had any.  All the people I keep talking to, who are disconnecting regularly, have ArcDPS installed.

Having said that, I would really like a grace period on disconnects.  If you dc, you have like 1 minute to get back onto the map regardless of que.

1 minute ago, Ubi.4136 said:

The que bug has existed since launch.

As for the disconnects, I personally have not had any.  All the people I keep talking to, who are disconnecting regularly, have ArcDPS installed.

Having said that, I would really like a grace period on disconnects.  If you dc, you have like 1 minute to get back onto the map regardless of que.

These aren't the same though. Players are not getting kicked out of GW2, just out of WvW back to the map they joined into WvW from. I also would say ArcDPS had nothing to with it since I know these players don't even know what that is, I do though hence why I can say they don't run it. No, this new bug, started right after they launched the new PvE queue for a map feature function. I fear we have another of those, this shouldn't impact WvW, but it did, features from PvE land. Since they don't post but I do, wanted to pass the word around that something is off.

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

These aren't the same though. Players are not getting kicked out of GW2, just out of WvW back to the map they joined into WvW from. I also would say ArcDPS had nothing to with it since I know these players don't even know what that is, I do though hence why I can say they don't run it. No, this new bug, started right after they launched the new PvE queue for a map feature function. I fear we have another of those, this shouldn't impact WvW, but it did, features from PvE land. Since they don't post but I do, wanted to pass the word around that something is off.

That is bad.  The disconnects I know of are fully out of game.  People should absolutely not be being removed from a wvw map to a pve map, other than maybe the AFK timer.

15 minutes ago, Kayowin.9217 said:

This +1000

Having 3-5 people disconnect at the start of most engagements really shouldn't be a thing or feature in a game as old as this one.  Add on top of that having to wait in que for a long period to get back in.  Its really time players had a xx second que placeholder to get back on map.

This is the other reason I say its not a connection issue else I would be kicked far more often then them since I do have a craptastic connection in comparison. ANet's net coding is outstanding and you can play with little issue even why you are only at .5 MB up/down. So if it was just getting kicked out of game, sure, but just out of WvW. Something buggy is in works.

2 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

That is bad.  The disconnects I know of are fully out of game.  People should absolutely not be being removed from a wvw map to a pve map, other than maybe the AFK timer.

Have seen it happen to them in the middle of fights and just moving from point A to B. Wouldn't report if we were all just standing around somewhere. Still trying to watch for patterns. Haven't found any pattern yet to location in real world, WvW map or connection providers, nor in malware providers, virus guards or firewall devices. Only pattern is that PvE patch so far.

38 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Only pattern is that PvE patch so far.

Since we cant opt out of patches thats not a pattern, just the latest patch lol.

Either way the first question is always: have any of them deleted the main .dat file and let the launcher download it again in order to "clean" it? Probably like 90% of the "weird-random-kitten-since-last-patch" issues has that as a fix.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Since we cant opt out of patches thats not a pattern, just the latest patch lol.

Either way the first question is always: have any of them deleted the main .dat file and let the launcher download it again in order to "clean" it? Probably like 90% of the "weird-random-kitten-since-last-patch" issues has that as a fix.

Will have to check that. I think one did but will have to verify to be fair to the issue. But again, could see that as in issue of DC'd from game but less so from DC'd from WvW back to PvE. But it's a fair variable to test and appreciate the point.

On 5/30/2023 at 5:31 AM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I get booted off...sometimes get the Report to Anet error, some times back to map where i got on from.

Also after last update, my loading screen maps kinda take longer to load and this has been affecting my wvw on reset, cos of this loading map, i keep getting assigned queue 1.

This the bug they were working on prior to the PvE queuing issue created the new one. Sadly no I don't think that is fixed either since its still being after the other patch.