Baruch Bay needs a link

escoces.4870

Sorry, if you get a link then your status should be set to full. Perhaps it's just the times you play. You're aware that you're the only Spanish server and draw players from not only EU but NA and Latin America too right?

From personal experience facing you for a number of weeks in a row, there are specific times when your server are fielding multiple guilds of 30+ and at worst attacking multiple objectives with full zone blobs. Very early morning (2-4am GMT+2) you consistently have a 25+ squad karma training everything they can against 0-10 defenders.

Granted some guilds have transferred and you're likely seeing fewer players but BB with a link would be comedic. Instead of numbers I'd suggest you work on your skills, generally speaking you won't fight unless you're outnumbering opponents by 1.5 - 2x - my two cents for whatever it's worth.

I do however agree that T5 is a kitten show and you're inevitably going to sink to the bottom if unlinked. Population imbalance and server status are severely kittened in EU right now.

Edited by MarzAttakz.9608
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I don’t think it’s impossible (disabled) that BB get a link, it’s just: it just belong to the top 3 in WvW play-hours and as long as it does, it doesn’t get a link.

The special status that makes it impossible to get full makes it easy to BB to be overstacked.  Now you seem to be less overstacked and share the fate of the other unlinked server: bottom of T5.

Opposing to the other (which are usually full when they are unlinked) you even have two possibilities to get out: 

• overstack again
  • loose even more activity to get a link
1 hour ago, escoces.4870 said:

It's not much fun.

Why? You seem to have a quite balanced match and compared to linked server you have less queue.

Edited by Dayra.7405

2 hours ago, escoces.4870 said:

BB are struggling with numbers but never gets linked. Might be time to drop EU tier 5 for good this time. Almost all unlinked servers end up stuck there till relink. It's not much fun.

You have every right to ask for it, numbers aside, the very fact that your server is treated differently from all the others and that 2 other servers will be punished for playing the mode, so they too are treated differently from the other 27 servers, is the number 1 reason that calls into question the current mechanics of WVW.

The whole "Mexican Nightcappers" thing is a falicy. Always has been. BB is almost all Spanish and Spanish hours are wierd compaired to the rest of Europe. Deso has more of a night crew than BB. Our position, rooted to the foot of T5 does not lie. We don't have the people to cope without a link now. Or at least sometimes, like every other server. Before more players/guilds move or leave the game.

ANet scrapped T5 just before covid and re-instated it due to rising player numbers because of lockdown. Time to rethink I feel.

BTW, we can, or could, ktrain towards the end of and past normal EU primetime (wierd hours as I mentioned) but we can't defend a mostly T3 border during EU prime time coz we're 10v50 (not fun y'know). And I'm not seeing maps turn red the same way they did 11.00pm-3.00am only a few months ago. I think we should be up there when links are handed out same as every other server coz it seems like we're just being ignored. BB, they're different, just leave them to it.

Maybe it's just metrics. Maybe we're always mathematically undeserving. But it's starting to feel unfair.

• Confused 2

Deso does not have more of a night crew than BB. On the weekend we can kinda put up numbers for awhile but when the week hits we are definitely outnumbered.  What deso does have is a bunch of tenacious roamers that specifically banded together years ago to try and resist the BB night crew and we have gotten really good at it.

That said,  BB  activity atm definitely feels like its getting close to needing a link.  The linking/unlinking system is wildly insufficient for the current state of the game.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, escoces.4870 said:

Deso has more of a night crew than BB.

We don't have the people to cope without a link now.

BTW, we can, or could, ktrain towards the end of and past normal EU primetime (wierd hours as I mentioned) but we can't defend a mostly T3 border during EU prime time coz we're 10v50 (not fun y'know). And I'm not seeing maps turn red the same way they did 11.00pm-3.00am only a few months ago.

But it's starting to feel unfair.

Right now as of 2am you have a 45 man squad vs 15 Deso (we were 35 an hour ago). Drakkar have a 15 man squad.

You've capped SM which we couldn't defend, and you're starting in on our EB side. 30 mins from now you'll be taking our Keep undefended and doing the same to Green.

I have no sympathy left for your server.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, escoces.4870 said:

The whole "Mexican Nightcappers" thing is a falicy. Always has been. BB is almost all Spanish and Spanish hours are wierd compaired to the rest of Europe. Deso has more of a night crew than BB. Our position, rooted to the foot of T5 does not lie. We don't have the people to cope without a link now. Or at least sometimes, like every other server. Before more players/guilds move or leave the game.

ANet scrapped T5 just before covid and re-instated it due to rising player numbers because of lockdown. Time to rethink I feel.

BTW, we can, or could, ktrain towards the end of and past normal EU primetime (wierd hours as I mentioned) but we can't defend a mostly T3 border during EU prime time coz we're 10v50 (not fun y'know). And I'm not seeing maps turn red the same way they did 11.00pm-3.00am only a few months ago. I think we should be up there when links are handed out same as every other server coz it seems like we're just being ignored. BB, they're different, just leave them to it.

Maybe it's just metrics. Maybe we're always mathematically undeserving. But it's starting to feel unfair.

It's called Nightcapping Bay for a reason. And having k/d ratio of 0.6-0.7 doesn't help.

BB has population but that server has a really really bad skill attidude. They always run and loose even battles with 2x times more peoples.  On last reset they had a K/D ratio 0.3 against Deso and Drakkar. So BB has to work on their skill and strategies. You have entire Guilds with more than 30 peoples on the map but they can't manage to take a T1 tower against 12 public defenders. This shows a big lack of skill,. awarness and strategy (and maybe communication?) . And then i mean you guys are only awake after 22.00 ......before that i only see loose grps of NPC's which even die in t1 camps. I did even a video of it. This is hilarious.

Edited by senftube.6081

19 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

BB has population but that server has a really really bad skill attidude. They always run and loose even battles with 2x times more peoples.  On last reset they had a K/D ratio 0.3 against Deso and Drakkar. So BB has to work on their skill and strategies. You have entire Guilds with more than 30 peoples on the map but they can't manage to take a T1 tower against 12 public defenders. This shows a big lack of skill,. awarness and strategy (and maybe communication?) . And then i mean you guys are only awake after 22.00 ......before that i only see loose grps of NPC's which even die in t1 camps. I did even a video of it. This is hilarious.

And you know WHY they suck , right ? most BB  guilds based their entire playstyle around gyro and doing stealth bombs form gates , get ez kills , get back in , rinse/repeat . After the gyro nerf they all migrated in ebg to abuse cloacking for ez bags.I have beaten them 25 vs 40 public tags , 30 vs 25 + 20 + 25 with alliance guilds and so on. Imagine 4 guilds repeteatly steath bombing 2 by 2 and dying .

Cherry on top for me was back in 2019 , alpine border, T0 south east tower. I was in a guild of 20+ staring 3 guilds trying to open tower. We tried fighting like 1 of em , maybe the rest would respect that , but nah, all 3 adding. Mybe they wanted tower so bad ,  leader waited for em to take tower so they come out and fight . They STOPPED cata, turn it 180 and start cata-ing our face...

Absolute garbage cans.

They only good guild and commander they got going for them is CS and that Tortas dude.

Everything else is dogsh*t.

Edited by MysteryDude.1572

Another thing i have heard (and is in illuminati conspiracy levels) is that guilds and public tags realised they suck so much, so they all had a server meeting and DECIDED to play off hours, cause in EU prime time they would transform into farming material..

But thats an insanelly wild theory tbh...

You are not very nice when you judge other teams in this game with contempt. You're not very sporty, and you're not very smart. You can say things and you can write them with a huge difference. bb have never had a match. They never played together with other servers, this would help them to improve, comparing themselves with others, observing together with others. making friends with others. But this was not granted to them at the price of not having a limit .

All of WVW's servers have good veteran players and casual players. It also seems that they go online all together late in the evening, when they arrive they invariably find the map in very bad condition, they know they have a few hours of very high activity, so they run, run, run, to resume the whole map of their color. And to do everything quickly it costs him a K/D often in negative.

P.S. This comment of mine does not have a specific recipient. If you have the impression that he is talking to you, reflect and try to compare yourself with other players with a little more respect. You will find that they will treat and repay you equally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ye it's true , a link might have given them a different experience , 

Tbf tho, they did have good guilds. RGB , dT , CS , and a lot of their players were active gvg-ers (still are). 

Their open-field publics tho , yikes..

but in general it's the same almost with every public tag, 20 people carrying the rest 30, or worse.

• Like 1