Scepter Catalyst and moment of vulnerability

Ovark.2514

When is a scepter catalyst vulnerable? They always seem to be blocking, being invulnerable, reflecting, blinding, weaknessing, laying down aoe fields on top of them, and otherwise CCing me. Almost every other spec seems to have moments where you should be defending and those when you should be attacking (generally speaking).

• Thanks 6

catalyst is one of the quishiest class... I can't understand how you can find troubles with him... i suggest you to try the class and then you will understand.

actually im PL1/PL2, i play condi scepter and focus, with cata I had lot of problems to survive 1v1or 2, i changed in weaver and now I can resist a lot and sometimes kill.

Edited by Wayne.6253
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13

when they in fire or water i guess.

the aoes they lay down, can be misleading, but those aoes do nothing to you, it just give cata boons.

personally panic dodge when i see those aoes, so there's that. can definitely be improved if actually practice 1v1ing them, but i'm not that try hard

Edited by felix.2386

9 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

the aoes they lay down, can be misleading, but those aoes do nothing to you, it just give cata boons.

personally panic dodge when i see those aoes, so there's that. can definitely be improved if actually practice 1v1ing them, but i'm not that try hard

Yeah that's the thing. I even KNOW the fields don't do hardly any damage. The thing it that those fields can do things like proc condi damage and blindness traits and such so it's still better to avoid them. I just wish anet would remove the ticks of damage all-together from those skills.

8 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I would say they are most vulnerable when trying to recover health using a water field. They will drop the water jade sphere and then switch to earth while trying to blast it. If you force them on the defensive I think that’s your best shot. 

Next time they are vulnerable enough to hit them and force them to swap into the vulnerable state I'll be able to hit them. . . /s

2 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Yeah that's the thing. I even KNOW the fields don't do hardly any damage. The thing it that those fields can do things like proc condi damage and blindness traits and such so it's still better to avoid them. I just wish anet would remove the ticks of damage all-together from those skills.

I imagine they also clear your blinds on the Cata, and clear Aegis on you. Even low ticks of damage can have highly impactful positive or negative outcomes. Another example would be Ranger's stunbreak that does tiny dmg, but procs stuns from things like Shocking Aura.

Edited by bethekey.8314

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I imagine they also clear your blinds on the Cata, and clear Aegis on you. Even low ticks of damage can have highly impactful positive or negative outcomes. Another example would be Ranger's stunbreak that does tiny dmg, but procs stuns from things like Shocking Aura.

Ya, it should just do no damage for both.