Thank you for Macaw Wings Anet

59 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

That's all a complete non-sequitur.  

Actually it's not. And I don't know how you think it is. The question that was asked was who's being excluded. You answered. You said the socially conversative from the town square. No one is including or not including anyone. They're excluding themselves. And that would be their problem, in the same way it's my problem that I don't like horror films and don't go with my friends to watch them.  It flows on from the rest of the conversation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Actually it's not. And I don't know how you think it is. The question that was asked was who's being excluded. You answered. You said the socially conversative from the town square. No one is including or not including anyone. They're excluding themselves. And that would be their problem, in the same way it's my problem that I don't like horror films and don't go with my friends to watch them.  It flows on from the rest of the conversation.

You're saying something completely different now.  However I digress:  No they aren't.  I get the distinct feeling you don't know what is meant by the "public square."  

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
  • Confused 11

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

You're saying something completely different now.  However I digress:  No they aren't.  I get the distinct feeling you don't know what is meant by the "public square."  

Well, I looked it up just in case, and yeah, I know the definition. It actually has more than one, but regardless, you don't get to pick what everyone does in any place that's public, if it's not against the law or the rules of that place. If you don't like what's going on there, it's not that you're excluded. You're simply choosing not to be somewhere for a time.  You can mute map chat. You can change your settings so you don't see outfits and go about your business. It's not as limited as real life, where if you had to be somewhere during a protest, you'd be stuck, because here you're not.

I don't really care if someone likes my ideas or not, they're free to mute me or report me if I've broken rules.  But this isn't going to break any rules. People are expressing themselves freely, within the confines of the rules. Giving out wings is something that is simple to ignore.  You take them into your inventory and delete them if you have a problem with them. Then you don't have to look at the gift icon. There's plenty of stuff I see in map chat that I don't like and wouldn't put up with, which is why I can mute people.  It doesn't stop me from going into Lion's Arch or DR or the mistlock.  I can do it, because the game gives me the tools to police my environment. The game gives you tools to delete a free gift you don't like. And if that's too much for a person, that isn't the companies problem and it's not the communities problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Well, I looked it up just in case, and yeah, I know the definition. It actually has more than one, but regardless, you don't get to pick what everyone does in any place that's public, if it's not against the law or the rules of that place. If you don't like what's going on there, it's not that you're excluded. You're simply choosing not to be somewhere for a time.  You can mute map chat. You can change your settings so you don't see outfits and go about your business. It's not as limited as real life, where if you had to be somewhere during a protest, you'd be stuck, because here you're not.

I don't really care if someone likes my ideas or not, they're free to mute me or report me if I've broken rules.  But this isn't going to break any rules. People are expressing themselves freely, within the confines of the rules. Giving out wings is something that is simple to ignore.  You take them into your inventory and delete them if you have a problem with them. Then you don't have to look at the gift icon. There's plenty of stuff I see in map chat that I don't like and wouldn't put up with, which is why I can mute people.  It doesn't stop me from going into Lion's Arch or DR or the mistlock.  I can do it, because the game gives me the tools to police my environment. The game gives you tools to delete a free gift you don't like. And if that's too much for a person, that isn't the companies problem and it's not the communities problem.

So... when I said that Gravitron wasn't talking about something in game, you took that to mean that I was talking about something in game when I explained what he meant?

• Confused 9

51 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

So... when I said that Gravitron wasn't talking about something in game, you took that to mean that I was talking about something in game when I explained what he meant?

Gravitron was responding to a conversation about something given out in game. If anything, if he wasn't talking about what's going on in game, that's a non-sequitor. I disagree with your assessment. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Gravitron was responding to a conversation about something given out in game. If anything, if he wasn't talking about what's going on in game, that's a non-sequitor. I disagree with your assessment. 

It's very clear that he's referring specifically to the political connotations of the term "inclusivity."  I'll bold the pertinent part.

Because it's not really about "inclusivity", it just uses that as a buzzword that gets slapped on the box. Otherwise, everyone would be included right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

44 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

It's very clear that he's referring specifically to the political connotations of the term "inclusivity."  I'll bold the pertinent part.

I see what you're saying now. I could get into a long debate about why what he's saying is a load of dingo's kidneys but this probably isn't the place for it. If he's not talking about the game, and what's going on in the game, he doesn't really need to be posting it here. And I'll leave it at that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

But again, sigh, core accounts can't access this offer. I guess only expansion owners get to show their 'pride'. 

Not as inclusive as your marketing would present, Anet. 

(Also, this is not a free account, despite the name)

Edited by Polonskifree.3945
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Polonskifree.3945 said:

But again, sigh, core accounts can't access this offer. I guess only expansion owners get to show their 'pride'. 

Not as inclusive as your marketing would present, Anet. 

(Also, this is not a free account, despite the name)

There are many other ways to show "pride" if a player wants to do so without needing these wings.  Seems that you are self-excluding.

• Like 6