Please Buff Torch (PvP/WvW)

CalmTheStorm.2364

@Cal Cohen.2358 for the upcoming patch, please consider giving torch some love.

The extra ammo on blaze breaker definitely helped, but it's not quite there yet. My suggestion:

Reduce Flames of War CD to 20s. Increase range of the fire field to 240.

Most of the power of torch comes from being able to generate fire auras by leaping through FoW and then detonating them via King of Fires. Making FoW a little more available will help this.  Berserker also has difficulty staying on top of the highly mobile classes in today's meta, so increasing the radius will help with this too.

Thanks for considering it!

• Like 2

whats funny about torch 4 is the fact that the tool tip says it strikes hit x5, but it only hit one time on the target and apply a single burn

so it's strike damage is completely off and garbage.

and also torch 4 only does 1 single burning on a target on a 15 sec cd..

sure it's damage is ok if it actually lastest 6 seconds, but no condition actually stick to enemy that long now,

every single builds have a decent stream of passive single condition cleanse.

also kof is not playable anymore, as condition builds require actual sustain and u got no sustain without eternal champion.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

whats funny about torch 4 is the fact that the tool tip says it strikes hit x5, but it only hit one time on the target and apply a single burn

so it's strike damage is completely off and garbage.

and also torch 4 only does 1 single burning on a target on a 15 sec cd..

sure it's damage is ok if it actually lastest 6 seconds, but no condition actually stick to enemy that long now,

every single builds have a decent stream of passive single condition cleanse.

also kof is not playable anymore, as condition builds require actual sustain and u got no sustain without eternal champion.

Yeah, you are right. Much of condizerker's design revolves around KoF, which limits build diversity, and, as you point out, makes it impossible to take the all important eternal champion trait. Similarly, there's no real opportunity to take last blaze since savage instinct is so important (not that LB is particularly good, anyway).

Alas, fixing that would require a significant rework of condizerker, or at least of warrior's condi weapons so that they could be a potent force without relying on berserk mode/KoF for any sort of offense.  Maybe we'll get lucky on June 27 in that regard, but even if we don't, the torch changes in the OP would at least make condizerker a little more viable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

currently pvp wise, sword does more condition pressure and also actually has better defensive utility, even tho it isn't much really...just shows how much worse torch even is.

You use torch with antitoxin in WvW and all the defense zerker eternal champion traits to burn all the noobs in front of the SM gate while cleansing all the immobs spammed at you 😂/s

• Haha 1

Would be cool if there were a way for torch 4 to inflict more burning... Maybe more burning the closer you are to the target?

It's 600 range, so if your target is 0-200 range, gets 3 stacks of burning

200-400 range, 2 stacks

400-600, 1 stack

Would reward landing a CC or otherwise being able to stick to the target and could be a sizeable DPS bump.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Would be cool if there were a way for torch 4 to inflict more burning... Maybe more burning the closer you are to the target?

It's 600 range, so if your target is 0-200 range, gets 3 stacks of burning

200-400 range, 2 stacks

400-600, 1 stack

Would reward landing a CC or otherwise being able to stick to the target and could be a sizeable DPS bump.

I say to turn it into 5 waves of fire in a cone rather than a line AoE that only ever hits once per target. That way you hit multiple targets for the full listed damage. Remove the ammo in PvP/WvW then.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I say to turn it into 5 waves of fire in a cone rather than a line AoE that only ever hits once per target. That way you hit multiple targets for the full listed damage. Remove the ammo in PvP/WvW then.

That would work too. The ammo skill is really nice for detonating fire aura via KoF, tho, so I'd hope they would add the functionality in somewhere else.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There is a ranger and a ranger spirit in the picture, which is why the moa is there.

What chance is higher? 

Specter getting pets or Warrior getting a good balance patch? 

I know which I put my money on. 

💸💸💸🤑 Im gonna be rich! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1