Which are Better Feast Stats for Random Groups - Power+Precison or All Attributes

Stryder.8641

It's the Dragon Bash Festival and I'd like to place a Feast for myself and others to use during the Dragon Arena but I don't understand the other GW2 Professions well enough to determine what Feast stats would benefit the broadest range of Professions.

I've read through this thread for ideas:

"Cheapest food buff for group content?"

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123429-cheapest-food-buff-for-group-content/#comment-1786990

What I understand, at the moment, from reading the GW2 Wiki, Power and Precision seem to be the fundamentals that all the other offensive stats are based on.

Power is the core, fundamental stat.

Precision leads to Critical Chance, and then Critical Chance splits to either Critical Hit (for Professions that hit and shoot opponents) or Condition Damage (for Professions that burn, bleed, poison, or afflict opponents).

In the link above, one of the recommended Feasts provides +100 Power and +70 Ferocity.

From what I understand, Ferocity amplifies Critical Hit but does nothing for Condition Damage, correct? So that is why I'm looking at the +100 Power and +70 *Precision* combo,... assuming Precision works for all Professions.

The other broad spectrum Feast provides "+45 to All Attributes". That covers all attributes but "+45" isn't as potent as "+100" and "+70". With that in mind, I'm still leaning towards the +100 Power and +70 Precision combo,... if my understanding of how these things work, in general, for Professions is correct.

I see the recipes for these Feasts require *Level 80* (and Level 500 Chef) to make so my other concern is: will only *Level 80* players be able to consume the Feast and receive its benefits? (I would assume that since Feasts are meant for groups then that would include players of all levels but I've ran into a problem with my, then, low-level alternate character not being able to consume the Food my Level 80 character could; so that's why I have doubt on this.)

The two Feasts I'm mulling over are:

Plate of Peppercorn-Spiced Coq Au Vin (1hr)
        -10% Incoming Damage
        +100 Power
        +70 Precision
        +10% Karma
        +5% All XP gained
        +20% Magic Find
        +20% Gold Find
        +10% WXP gained
       http:// https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plate_of_Peppercorn-Spiced_Coq_Au_Vin

Spherified Peppercorn-Spiced Oyster Soup (1hr)
        -10% Incoming Damage
        +45 to all attributes
        +10% Karma
        +5% All XP gained
        +20% Magic Find
        +20% Gold Find
        +10% WXP gained
        https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spherified_Peppercorn-Spiced_Oyster_Soup

Edited by Stryder.8641
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

If i had to choose i would go for Plate of Peppercorn-Spiced Coq Au Vin.

Its also cheaper to craft.

Even cheaper is Cilantro Lime Sous-Vide Steak. 

Outside of instance content, you will not see many Condi Builds.

So Power as the Main stat is pretty good.

Prescision is also very good in Openworld content because less players will cap out their Crit Chance.

But Ferocity is also not bad.

Anyone with a dedicated build won't be able to use the precision.

What you need to consider is how damage works:

Power damage can be amplified to high levels by having a lot of power, enough precision to crit the majority of the time (ideally always) and ferocity to amplify the damage of those crits.

This synergetic relationship is what makes power DPS builds strong. Having only high power but no high precision / ferocity makes the build deal less than a third of a berserker DPS because berserker synergizes to do more than the sum of its parts.

This means that +100 power will have significantly more effect for a critcapped character with ferocity.
This means that +70 precision will have no effect whatsoever for a critcapped character.

This means that +100 power for someone not focused on power DPS will have relatively little effect on their damage.
This means that +70 precision for someone not focused on power DPS or other on-crit effects will have relatively little effect on their damage.

Most condition damage builds are much less boosted by critrate than you seem to think.

Generally speaking you have two choices:

1. Try to boost the DPS of competent players with cohesive builds - they are the most likely to convert the extra stats into the greatest damage increase. Since they will often be critcapped already, using Power+Ferocity is always preferable over Power+Precision if you go down this route.

2. Try to make everyone stronger - you cannot know what builds people run. All stats food offers significantly more stats (8*45 = 360 statpoints!) compared to other food (170). Notably, critcapped players will probably profit almost as much from +45 power +45 ferocity +45 condi damage +45 expertise compared to +100 power +70 precision because the precision is a useless stat for them while most likely doing much more for everyone who either does not run a fully damage oriented build or a condition focused DPS build.

Given the high accessibility of all-stat food with the birthday cakes, I would always opt for those if available. And if not, crafted all-stat food is still more likely to do something for everyone than powerfood.

Edited by Endaris.1452

Thanks for the suggestions, all. 👍

Made a tiny batch of both Feasts; each has an expensive ingredient so I give them a try first before investing in more.

After re-reading the comments a few times it seems the "Spherified Peppercorn-Spiced Oyster Soup" (the one that +45 All Attributes) may be the one to go with. If the peppercorns weren't so dear in price, I'd set out both.

For myself, I favor the "Plate of Peppercorn-Spiced Coq Au Vin" since my Warrior Berserker is still using Exotic gear.

Hopefully players using characters that aren't at Level 80 yet will be able to partake in the Feast so as to be able to stay in the festival fights a little longer. I'm still a relatively new player myself so that's the perspective I'm coming from.

"Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake" is nice stuff; been able to enjoy some a couple times in the past when a platter was kindly place by more advanced players. Looked it up on the wiki and there is a procurement requirement that your character must be at least nine years old. Heh. My oldest character isn't even nine *months* old yet. So I've got a wee bit of a wait. Luckily the "Spherified Peppercorn-Spiced Oyster Soup" has similar stats.

• Like 1