PLEASE don't change Arc Divider!

HeliosMagi.9867

@GamerToad.9248 Well I gues it would be slightly nerfed in terms of dps but it still will be as good as Axe Axe DPS. Tho this is nothing that could not get fixed by increasing Numbers ^^. And they allready mentioned they would buff it if it will going to Deal less DPS ^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 Well I gues it would be slightly nerfed in terms of dps but it still will be as good as Axe Axe DPS. Tho this is nothing that could not get fixed by increasing Numbers ^^. And they allready mentioned they would buff it if it will going to Deal less DPS ^^

Only numbers will not fix the issue that it will still be not spammable as they think it will be and will be Way easier to mitigate with blinds and aegis .

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 Well sry to say this but this would be a u issue not the one of the Skill^^. If your blinded well just do one AA Chain before use Arc or Dodge and gain resistance or use in PvP sundering Leap or shattering blow before using it. I mean its not Like it wasnt an issue even before on the old Variant.

old iteration is 3 hits... aegis and blinds prevent only one hit... you still would hit with 2 strikes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

@GamerToad.9248 yes and it would end up in this scenario:

- Hits less than new Version does

- There is still a Chance that one of those 2 Hits will not be a critical one so another Sort of DPS loss

I rly prefer skills where u need to time it over skills that you could mindless spaming cause of exactly this.

Old Variant is just highly luck based when it comes to DMG. U need to hit every Skill plus U need every of 3 hit to be critical hit. I prefer 1 big hit over this luckbased Thing by far! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 yes and it would end up in this scenario:

- Hits less than new Version does

- There is still a Chance that one of those 2 Hits will not be a critical one so another Sort of DPS loss

I rly prefer skills where u need to time it over skills that you could mindless spaming cause of exactly this.

Old Variant is just highly luck based when it comes to DMG. U need to hit every Skill plus U need every of 3 hit to be critical hit. I prefer 1 big hit over this luckbased Thing by far! 

and being 1 hit if you don't CRIT that one hit?

all warrior is hit or miss skill.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

@GamerToad.9248 yea i mean you could See 3 hits as a good but also Bad point. Thats why we could talk endless about it^^. Letz say u prefer the old Version while i prefer the oldest now maybe new Version ^^. 

The only real Argument i could bring why its better cause it fits better though Berserkers theme means fast big Hits ^^

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, felix.2386 said:

if  you need urself to clear blind and aegis you aren't doing any damage to begin with.

Like what scenario We even talking about here

Arcing slice is literallly 10x better except the range factor.

There's a reason why arc divider is trash damage in Spvp, Because even a monkey can avoid it

If you can't pin your target to land even one hit, you aren't doing damage to begin with.

Like what scenario we even taking about here?

You literally have Arcing slice NOW if it's so much better lol

I'm starting to remember why I took such a long break from GW2. These drastic mechanical changes to things that are functional start to wear on me.

As it was stated before, it's a nerf for WvW (LB/chinese zerker), in PvP it will still remain dogsh*t simply because it suffers from problems that any other power zerker builds have, and apparently according to snowcrows this might be slight nerf in PvE as well.

It has subpar adrenaline generation, skills themselves are not that amazing either outside of mobility and it still gets outshined by bladesworn or spellbreaker in PvP.
If they would rework hundred blades at least then sure, but this does not really change anything for positive outside of less gamble in terms of raw dps.

Idk why people think that this is a good change.

It's just funny how they keep removing identity of each spec because of their inability to come up with better solution.

Edited by Greyrat.2378

People really trying to argue "yes, burst being harder to hit is at least as good, if not better than it being easier to hit" on the class that needs to hit things with burst to make use of a significant portion of their traits. 

Let's just call this like it is. People can't dodge in WvW and are getting obliterated by a very dodgeable threat, and the game is being balanced around them. Literally every time this has happened that led to a warrior change, the change had to be walked back some months or years later when people realized a class struggling to fight things is a worse issue than people not having the foresight to dodge. Adrenal health, balanced and zerker stance cooldowns, berserker toughness penalties, might makes right and healing skill cds - all walked back because warriors not being able to hit stuff is kinda really bad for them actually. 

Can we not do the same mistake for the 12th time? Let the people learn how to dodge the big red armored guy spinning right next to them. 

42 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

People really trying to argue "yes, burst being harder to hit is at least as good, if not better than it being easier to hit" on the class that needs to hit things with burst to make use of a significant portion of their traits. 

Let's just call this like it is. People can't dodge in WvW and are getting obliterated by a very dodgeable threat, and the game is being balanced around them. Literally every time this has happened that led to a warrior change, the change had to be walked back some months or years later when people realized a class struggling to fight things is a worse issue than people not having the foresight to dodge. Adrenal health, balanced and zerker stance cooldowns, berserker toughness penalties, might makes right and healing skill cds - all walked back because warriors not being able to hit stuff is kinda really bad for them actually. 

Can we not do the same mistake for the 12th time? Let the people learn how to dodge the big red armored guy spinning right next to them. 

Maybe we need the animation from Wild Blow added to Arc Divider but increased to be the size of the Ranger GS Maul's Bear. Do you think that would be a big enough hint for them?