No More Boon Corruption

Zex Anthon.8673

What a surprise. The ele dev doesn't like boon corrupts.

• Unholy Feast: This skill now removes boons instead of converting them into conditions.
  • Spiteful Spirit: This trait now removes boons instead of converting them into conditions.
  • Devouring Darkness: Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 18 seconds in WvW only.
  • Enfeebling Blood: This skill no longer converts boons into conditions.
  • Lesser Enfeeble: This skill no longer converts boons into conditions.

Once again removing everything good about necro while not compensating for any of it's weaknesses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 20
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They not only nuked Condi DPS and Heal Scourge from PvE, but they also deleted Boonstrip Scourge from WvW at a time where boons are such a problem.

I don't know what the devs are thinking with this one. This has got to be one of their more confusing changes. All these changes just to support a "we have alacrity at home" build for Necro. Very sad.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garrick.3150 said:

They not only nuked Condi DPS and Heal Scourge from PvE, but they also deleted Boonstrip Scourge from WvW at a time where boons are such a problem.

I don't know what the devs are thinking with this one. This has got to be one of their more confusing changes. All these changes just to support a "we have alacrity at home" build for Necro. Very sad.

dont forget this will probably delete procreaper from pvp meta aswell. the instant 2 booncorrupts are quite crucial to this build.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I'm truly wracking my brain as to why these occurred in PVE.  WvW could make sense because scourge had been pretty pigeon holed into necessarily addressing the boon menace in competitive play (which was it's own need for balance, but I guess the devs think that feels fun for the players 😒). 

But in PVE none of the enemies had enough boons for corrupt boon effects be harmful or toxic.  It was something unique to necro that was reminiscent of the GW1 necromancers ability to strip enchantments for debilitating effects.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

What a surprise. The ele dev doesn't like boon corrupts.

• Unholy Feast: This skill now removes boons instead of converting them into conditions.
  • Spiteful Spirit: This trait now removes boons instead of converting them into conditions.
  • Devouring Darkness: Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 18 seconds in WvW only.
  • Enfeebling Blood: This skill no longer converts boons into conditions.
  • Lesser Enfeeble: This skill no longer converts boons into conditions.

Once again removing everything good about necro while not compensating for any of it's weaknesses.

Personally, I can understand the first two as being reasonable. The logic I want to be applied here is that boon removals associated with the Spite trait line stay as just boon rips, and those with the Curese trait line stay as corrupts. As for Devouring Darkness, I don't really play necro in zergs so I don't have an opinion on that, I will say they better not Increase the cd of the untraited Scepter 3 Feast of Corruption. I feel like this logic would tone down the oppressiveness of corrupt reaper without killing it.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the signet changes, it sounds like we're losing the bonus passives in shroud when they're traited? Not really a fan.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

3 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Personally, I can understand the first two as being reasonable. The logic I want to be applied here is that boon removals associated with the Spite trait line stay as just boon rips, and those with the Curese trait line stay as corrupts. As for Devouring Darkness, I don't really play necro in zergs so I don't have an opinion on that, I will say they better not Increase the cd of the untraited Scepter 3 Feast of Corruption. I feel like this logic would tone down the oppressiveness of corrupt reaper without killing it.

I think that could make sense.  It may have been nice for them to have some game design that plays to the feel of the weapon/trait line.  I'd love for boon corruption to remain a thing in the necro but maybe it could be tied to what they're going for:

• Dagger is associated with the blood trait line, maybe it should instead just convert boons to bleeding. 
  • Maybe Spite traits boonrip for  raw damage, while Curses traits corrupt to condition equivalents (ex. Alac to Chill)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crey.5263 said:

I think that could make sense.  It may have been nice for them to have some game design that plays to the feel of the weapon/trait line.  I'd love for boon corruption to remain a thing in the necro but maybe it could be tied to what they're going for:

• Dagger is associated with the blood trait line, maybe it should instead just convert boons to bleeding. 
  • Maybe Spite traits boonrip for  raw damage, while Curses traits corrupt to condition equivalents (ex. Alac to Chill)

I've always associated the main hand dagger as a blood magic weapon and offhand as a curses weapon.

Personally, i think if Necromancer, being one of the few classes that is chained to design ( no mobility in exchange for being the main class that messes the boon-condition system, which honestly, it's one of the worst systems in the game ) gets some other stuff in return, this is fine.

Like, sure, remove boon corrupt from the game for all i care but allow necromancers to blink/teleport, have way more boon output, give them mobility and better active defenses, since they trade all that for the corrupts.

5 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I've always associated the main hand dagger as a blood magic weapon and offhand as a curses weapon.

I generally base my associations off where they chose to put the trait, but i can see your point there.