Warrior walk out

GamerToad.9248

Just now, oscuro.9720 said:

You know Warrior was buffed this patch right?

It's not just about the numbers which, quite frankly, is the problem.  You should be able to balance classes without removing class identity and what makes specific professions fun.

Like with what happened a year ago after the infamous banner patch, I'll probably just quit altogether but maybe come back if they fix it. The Arc Divider change is deal breaker for me unfortunately.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

@GamerToad.9248 you know Arc divider is technicaly only "nerfed" in Open World right? 

In Instanced PvE it is just the same DPS rotation wise. In PvP its ways better now. In WvW you could get the full dps Sometimes in Zerks but thats optimal thing Most of the time its Just cced so you will get less dmg out off it. So technicaly i wouldnt lie by saying Most peops complain about this Nerf are Just openworld Players or maybe WvW zerg Players ^^

EDIT: Confuse Smile Spam me as often as wanted its just true and you will see it after its Just right in the Game ^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 2
  • Confused 13

2 minutes ago, Treacy.4067 said:

It's not just about the numbers which, quite frankly, is the problem.  You should be able to balance classes without removing class identity and what makes specific professions fun.

Like with what happened a year ago after the infamous banner patch, I'll probably just quit altogether but maybe come back if they fix it. The Arc Divider change is deal breaker for me unfortunately.

Idk how changing arc divider from 3 hits to 1 is removing class identity, but if that’s what does it for you, I guess that’s what does it for you. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Idk how changing arc divider from 3 hits to 1 is removing class identity, but if that’s what does it for you, I guess that’s what does it for you. 🤷‍♂️

Rushing head first into a group of mobs with a big kitten greatsword, spinning to win as you take charge and handle business...I don't want another Arcing Slice thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Treacy.4067 said:

Rushing head first into a group of mobs with a big kitten greatsword, spinning to win as you take charge and handle business...I don't want another Arcing Slice thanks. 

That kitten works great don't it. Remind me of the old days of warrior, the stab just ain't there like it used to be.

• Like 3

Hammer spellbreaker doing 41k dps with the easiest rotation out of all top dps builds, combined with high cc output and strong sustain from full counter and the Defense traitline... but hey.. warrior bad.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

@Treacy.4067 but does not Berserker mean "fast big hit burst skills"? Old Arc divider was just Big but slow. So make it a better Version of Arcing slice makes sence.It still will be a big AoE and will hit hard (1.89 is the lvl of Arcing slice while enemy is under 50% Life) with a big radius (think it will be the mid range of the todays Arc Divider). In the end even theme wise the inc Arc Divider does make more sence than the old one.

P.S. now you guys could confuse Spam me again ..... Have fun 😄

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Treacy.4067 but does not Berserker mean "fast big hit burst skills"? Old Arc divider was just Big but slow. So make it a better Version of Arcing slice makes sence.It still will be a big AoE and will hit hard (1.89 is the lvl of Arcing slice while enemy is under 50% Life) with a big radius (think it will be the mid range of the todays Arc Divider). In the end even theme wise the inc Arc Divider does make more sence than the old one.

P.S. now you guys could confuse Spam me again ..... Have fun 😄

I don't know how to explain it any better than I already have. We already have a skill like that, we like the animation and the theme of a warrior using a powerful greatsword cutting through a large group of enemies. It's satisfying, it's very on brand for warrior class. It's fun.  Remember fun?  Instead of them addressing the casting time of it, they do this quick fix which guts the enjoyment just a bit more out of the profession. 

If people are confuse spamming you, maybe they're legitimately confused.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

Like literally everyone that main warrior go to other classes so anet see we are not happy.

Can you recommend one? Because so far I have seen players who are unhappy with the upcoming patch maining Necro, Mesmer, Engi, Thief, Ranger, Rev and Warrior. To put it bluntly: There does not seem to be a side with greener grass.

Edited by Katary.7096

47 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

Can you recommend one? Because so far I have seen players who are unhappy with the upcoming patch maining Necro, Mesmer, Engi, Thief, Ranger, Rev and Warrior. To put it bluntly: There does not seem to be a side with greener grass.

To be fair, Thieves are in denial of how strong they are lets just be honest here. I won't deny them their frustration with lack of build diversity, they have that just as bad as Warriors do but really they have an insane degree of mobility on top of a good deal of access to Stealth which I argue is one of the strongest offensive/defensive tools in the game.

Mesmers, particularly Mirages, may be wildly misunderstanding the change coming to their dodge (assuming this is the issue they have). They are getting their second dodge back, but they are losing the ability to dodge while CC'd which was the change that needed to be done years ago when they initially removed their second dodge. Tldr that was ANet skirting around the actual solution to the problem with Mirages with a silly "solution" that just made things terrible for the class. Mesmer players though do seem to not fully comprehend when they have things going on that are just functionally problematic and overwhelming to put up with. Actually that may be true just for every class...not everyone fully recognized how much of an issue Warrior's passive proccing defensives were until after the fact.

The rest...I don't know. Maybe they should spend a month or two on Warrior in competitive modes and see how they feel about their main class afterwards. I've played the other side...they feel better than Warrior does and its kind if gross how horribly they've mishandled Warrior when you actually experience playing things like Vindicator, Willbender, even Ranger Elite Specs and Scrapper and Holosmith on Engineer.

They all Warrior better than the actual Warrior class and its because of several reason; boon availability, boon uptime, and their core class mechanics didn't age like milk left out on a hot summer day.

@Treacy.4067 i mean they seem to be confused about me telling them that new Arc divider will be only worse in Terms of Animation (to this is not the case to me cause i do not like its current one ..... cause of its sees clunky and feels like it at least again my opinion while the new one will still be big but also fast ^^ its Just basicly the same Animation but its faster ) or thats its just only worse than old Arc Divider if you just Camp on gs longer than 5 Seconds (But over all camping on it will be ever worse cause  weapon sweap is the thing warri could do best and makes it unique)

P.S. this is how Arc Divider might going to be after rework (Not DPS whise of course): https://youtu.be/dRH8ngPelTM

Edited by Myror.7521

24 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Treacy.4067 i mean they seem to be confused about me telling them that new Arc divider will be only worse in Terms of Animation (to this is not the case to me cause i do not like its current one ..... cause of its sees clunky and feels like it at least again my opinion while the new one will still be big but also fast ^^ its Just basicly the same Animation but its faster ) or thats its just only worse than old Arc Divider if you just Camp on gs longer than 5 Seconds (But over all camping on it will be ever worse cause  weapon sweap is the thing warri could do best and makes it unique)

P.S. this is how Arc Divider might going to be after rework (Not DPS whise of course): https://youtu.be/dRH8ngPelTM

Cool and you get blinded on that precious one hit and what now?

if I want a insane hitting skill on a single target i am going to use axes.

Gs is not a good dps weapon not in a million years the only good it has is arc slice for fury and slash aoe damage and arc divider for big aoe multi hit.

Now we have arc slice and arc slice 1.1 .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@GamerToad.9248 but then before we got Arcing slice and arcing slice in worse. Cause it was ezy to evade to get hit by all Hits. You could eziliy blind,Aegis,Dodge and get 33% DMG Off. You could eazy simply interrupt it. Or you simply weakend by enemys so does no real dmg or one/two/ all hits do not crit hit. For real in no real way old Arcing slice was better. The only way it indeed was somewhat the better Skill i mentioned above allready. But even in this terms it was mediocre at best. The new one will hit less but be faster as Animations so its ways better in terms of controling when you want to make a burst and when not just as a BURST skill should work basicly.  If you don't trust me ..... well thats your thing. I could only say what my knowledge as a since Release Warrior Player in every gamemode exp. said. This but also the simple facts said above^^.

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 but then before we got Arcing slice and arcing slice in worse. Cause it was ezy to evade to get hit by all Hits. You could eziliy blind,Aegis,Dodge and get 33% DMG Off. You could eazy simply interrupt it. Or you simply weakend by enemys so does no real dmg or one/two/ all hits do not crit hit. For real in no real way old Arcing slice was better. The only way it indeed was somewhat the better Skill i mentioned above allready. But even in this terms it was mediocre at best. The new one will hit less but be faster as Animations so its ways better in terms of controling when you want to make a burst and when not just as a BURST skill should work basicly.  If you don't trust me ..... well thats your thing. I could only say what my knowledge as a since Release Warrior Player in every gamemode exp. said. This but also the simple facts said above^^.

Arc divider change is not good it is only usable for the pigeon holder quickness build or maybe pvp... in any other mode it is a nerf... remember axe burst still exist and is better than gs burst.

why the kitten would i gs for boss if i get axes

new arc divider is a nerf on. WvW zerg, roaming, instanced boss, open world.

• Confused 1

@GamerToad.9248 its a Nerf though Open World and WvW. Cause those are the only places where u might be able to Play on a 10 Seconds weapon sweap on Berserker without get punished too hard for doing so yes. On instanced bosses ..... no it will end up beeing the same amount of damage per Second maybe even slightly higher cause of the Rotation will end at near your exactly weapon sweap cd means 6 Seconds while the rotation before was overall more dmg but also more time needed (Something around 8 Seconds without Skill delay) The only things where it rly is nerfed is on (and I dont mean this angry) casual content. 

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 its a Nerf though Open World and WvW. Cause those are the only places where u might be able to Play on a 10 Seconds weapon sweap on Berserker without get punished too hard for doing so yes. On instanced bosses ..... no it will end up beeing the same amount of damage per Second maybe even slightly higher cause of the Rotation will end at your exactly weapon sweap cd means 5 Seconds. The only things where it rly is nerfed is on (and I dont mean this angry) casual content. 

I don't think will be the same damage at all it will be a damage decrease.

and wvw is not casual content... even roaming i much prefer a big aoe than one swoop... entering rage on your gs the enemy already knows you planning on arc divide the they will dodge out of that and now you have no adrenaline.

i do think this will badly affect berserker outside of pve content. even dare i say pvp will make it less of a aoe skill and more of a 1 v 1 skill. which i don't like since we have lots of those already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@GamerToad.9248 nah it will still be an AoE just like the oldest Version of it. It will be like core Arcing slice but a bigger AoE and still decent dps against peops with more than 50% Life. 

Also you seem to Miss that we get quickness while enter berserk for some Seconds and I doped someone would have this big reaction Timing that he could Dodge a 0,15 Seconds Arcing slice^^

But by the way i rly know it is  a Nerf though WvW zerg fight but yea its just more bursty instead of dealing hard dps over longer amount of time specialy cause did not nerfed its dmg too hard there. Imagine seeing someone die cause of 2 Arc Divides in less than 2 Seconds cause of 2 15k Hits xD that will be Juicy 😜

8 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 nah it will still be an AoE just like the oldest Version of it. It will be like core Arcing slice but a bigger AoE and still decent dps against peops with more than 50% Life. 

Where did they say the range would be bigger?

Imagine seeing someone die cause of 2 Arc Divides in less than 2 Seconds cause of 2 15k Hits xD that will be Juicy 😜

Cd is 5 Seconds and it won't hit for 15k. The damage coefficient is now less than decapitate, which hits for 7-8 k when both players are glass.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Azure The Heartless.3261 good question i would Just prefer to time my Skill with some amount of resistance. But aside this idk i would simply sweap weapons to make sure im not blinded anymore. But yea I get that "it procs traitlines Safe against Aegis/weakness" is actually an Argument. But tho was anet Not saying they wana let Adrenaline health proc on use not on hit? ... idk why they still not fixed this Bug xD. Seems like the only weapon that is able to do so yet is longbow ........ but only cause it was also buggy before this "buff"

@Azure The Heartless.3261 Well they don't said it but since the old Version (before its todays) was also using a big AoE (as you could see in the video i posted) why shouldn't it be again? 

Also well it will Deal higher dmg than Crack Shot and this does allready 11k DMG (without arms traitline) so yes it will not Deal 15k but it will be near it for sure