Written in Stone

Sahne.6950

Written in Stone: This trait no longer reduces the recharge of signet skills, and it now grants an aura to the elementalist after using a signet skill.

Signet of Fire = Fireaura?

Signet of Earth = Magaura?

Signet of Air = Shockaura?

Signet of Water = Frostaura?

Signet of restoration = ? 

Will every signet give the corresponding aura? Or is it maybe just fireauras?

What aura will signet of restoration give?

Edited by Sahne.6950

Could be fun, especially for Heal tempest with signet of water or condi builds.
I hope signet of Restoration will also grant an aura; may be on current element; it could help to make this skill less passive. Edit just see my  mistake, of course it is already less passive with Written in Stone.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

34 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I think you're overestimating it somewhat. Let's see how it goes first. Afterall you'd be stuck using earth line.

dont think so sadly....  been using the Earthtraitline since forever. 😄

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lZwaYasLGJOyPntdA-z5YXGJUA9mAGPAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMgV8slSj-Q

i was also the one that said: When the ele Staffchanges go live, it will become the new Support meta in sPvP, without a doubt....  everyone told me i was overestimating it and it will never be better than d/fc Auramancer......      please have a look at what is the support meta right now.

Only time will tell....  Not saying it will dominate the meta or anything like that... but the sustain will probably reach a point that is just unhealthy.

Think about it.... SignetofEarth will give a magaura every 20 seconds.... That alone is pretty nuts.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i was also the one that said: When the ele Staffchanges go live, it will become the new Support meta in sPvP, without a doubt....  everyone told me i was overestimating it and it will never be better than d/fc Auramancer......      please have a look at what is the support meta right now.

Only time will tell.... but this build is already absurdly sustainable, without the signetbuffs.

I see the open arena in the pvp lobby with randoms and some randoms by a camp in wvw. It might do better in spvp but would have been nicer to see footage of a real game. I don't think signets were carrying it there, you had scepter/focus which is ele's strongest combo in pvp atm. I'm not sure it will hold up against more experienced players, but probably will deal with randoms well enough. 

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and just hope any potential nerfs remain strictly to spvp and not pve/wvw.

23 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I see the open arena in the pvp lobby with randoms and some randoms by a camp in wvw. It might do better in spvp but would have been nicer to see footage of a real game. I don't think signets were carrying it there, you had scepter/focus which is ele's strongest combo in pvp atm. I'm not sure it will hold up against more experienced players, but probably will deal with randoms well enough. 

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and just hope any potential nerfs remain strictly to spvp and not pve/wvw.

Mijo would be mad if he heard you call him a random xD  I was playing this in p3 without problems.

https://www.youtube.com/@mijo2988

Edited by Sahne.6950

26 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

No idea who he is but I guess the spvp community is much smaller now from when I last played in it. 

He is/was Necro#1 (not following the competetive pvp scene anymore...)

I just wholeheartedly hope, that it wont be as big of a buff as i think its is.... but i think it will be yet again a buff to elementalist, that noone has asked for.

Elementalbastion+Elementalshielding+Smothering auras, squeeze an insane amout of sustain out of this "little buff", considering on how low of a cooldown those signets are.

I also cant wait for the moment, when you stun a elementalist, he stunbreaks with signet of air, and suddenly you are the one that is stunned, because his stunbreak now applys Shockaura xD

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

If they only remove the cd reduction and not continue to grant the signets passive bonuses while recharging, then signettempest gets a huge buff again... 

I dont know if the extra toughness of signet of earth is missing (instead we get reducing strike dmg) but with fire attunement u cleanse with every aura u apply... every signet cleanses now (in addition with Antitoxin runes + the heal elemental bastion)

The magnetic aura helps keeping 100% projectile reflect with a dagger/focus. 

I guess I will still main tempest after this "balance". 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Do give the benefit of the doubt. I've been using this build after a friend of mine showed me it last year, it started with staff and then scepter buffs made that a better choice.

After this patch, the build is going to be absolutely insane if played by someone who knows what they're doing. It will be better than catalyst. It already is better than catalyst a lot of the time and honestly the fact that people doubt this so much is a good thing. I don't really want them to find out how broken it already is and how broken it is going to be. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Do give the benefit of the doubt. I've been using this build after a friend of mine showed me it last year, it started with staff and then scepter buffs made that a better choice.

After this patch, the build is going to be absolutely insane if played by someone who knows what they're doing. It will be better than catalyst. It already is better than catalyst a lot of the time and honestly the fact that people doubt this so much is a good thing. I don't really want them to find out how broken it already is and how broken it is going to be. Lol

We don't doubt it, we just stay quiet about it and see how far the devs take it =p

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMgV8slSj-Q

Only time will tell....  Not saying it will dominate the meta or anything like that... but the sustain will probably reach a point that is just unhealthy.

Think about it.... SignetofEarth will give a magaura every 20 seconds.... That alone is pretty nuts.

I was waiting for you to pop up with your signet build after that was announced lol. I don’t think it will be meta with scepter. The single target, slow nature makes it hard to deal with any +1. Not having a stun break outside of overloads kind of tough too. This was what I wanted to try

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwWYasMGJOyPnNfA-z5YXEJUAGPAA

Also, technically I said staff was going to be meta 6 months before they buffed it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I was waiting for you to pop up with your signet build after that was announced lol. I don’t think it will be meta with scepter. The single target, slow nature makes it hard to deal with any +1. Not having a stun break outside of overloads kind of tough too. This was what I wanted to try

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwWYasMGJOyPnNfA-z5YXEJUAGPAA

Also, technically I said staff was going to be meta 6 months before they buffed it.

Ok this talk of meta staff is interesting but none of the builds anyone is linking uses staff? 

10 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Yes I'm aware, I was just referring to the pvp builds being linked in this thread. For example yours is dagger/dagger.

I read the other posts for context. Sahne is a plat player known for running condi tempest. They build he posted can be run on staff but is better on scepter.

The meta support build I was referencing can be found on the hardstuck website.

Now if you are wondering if there is some secret tech using signets and staff, there isn’t.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I read the other posts for context. Sahne is a plat player known for running condi tempest. They build he posted can be run on staff but is better on scepter.

The meta support build I was referencing can be found on the hardstuck website.

Now if you are wondering if there is some secret tech using signets and staff, there isn’t.

Ok that's fair enough, I just asked because you said staff would be meta but that's the first time I've heard of it being so in a long time.

14 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Try it like this, and you might be onto something 😘 http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-z5YXGJUARmAGPAA

But generally speaking... scepter is just too good to give up... and so is focus.

Edited by Sahne.6950