Another horrible beta

10 minutes ago, Prophet of Flames.2783 said:

I have never changed servers and have never had this issue. Sure, sometimes some guilds leave just like they came, but the core stays, so it's fine and you'll recover quickly.

You are conflating bad servers with the system being bad, rather than just a few servers being the outliers.

You're conflating your single server experience with the system being ok.  You can't get a good picture of the entire forest if you look at it only from a single tree.  The mystery is why would you tell others to transfer to another server if you personally never have?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You're conflating your single server experience with the system being ok.  You can't get a good picture of the entire forest if you look at it only from a single tree.  The mystery is why would you tell others to transfer to another server if you personally never have?

Because obviously there are fine servers out there, I know many myself and from friends. So if you have consistent problems in the current system because of your server, you ought to move.
It's not a "single experience". Just start by looking at the 'likes' in this topic and the amount of people who defend this ridiculous beta and the alliance plans.

Sure it sucks you initially put your tent up where the swamp was going to be, but now you guys are just refusing to move your tents, instead wanting to replace the entire camping over it. That's just silly.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Prophet of Flames.2783 said:

Because obviously there are fine servers out there, I know many myself and from friends. So if you have consistent problems in the current system because of your server, you ought to move.

Your line of reasoning for why everything is fine under the current system is hilarious.  Your posts complain about the current system getting replaced without saying anything about the system itself, just illogical comments on good and bad servers. And you say nothing to counter my assertion that the system is not fine, just easily rewritten statements:

"You are conflating good/bad servers with the system being good/bad"
"Because obviously there are good/bad servers out there."

The goal isn't to have good and bad servers where everyone just transfers to the so-called good servers and there's few players on the bad servers.  That leaves less exciting teams over-all.  You remove any fair chance at all in players minds where the joke becomes that you pay to transfer to win.  That's not a healthy system.  That's not good game design.  Worse yet, you lock players out of playing with their friends where Full servers are first-come-first-serve.

It's not a "single experience". Just start by looking at the 'likes' in this topic and the amount of people who defend this ridiculous beta and the alliance plans.

Fooling yourself into thinking a self-selected vocal minority on a forum is indicative of actual experiences?  I don't hold myself to such a low standard of evidence.  Sorry.

you guys are just refusing to move your tents, instead wanting to replace the entire camping over it.

And when the tents are being recalled due to a defect in manufacturing, you'll be here complaining about how the manufacturer is destroying your personal camping experience.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, modulo.8413 said:

I'm not one to post however, this has been the least fun experience I've had in wvw in almost 11 years. At this point I hope alliances never gets finished and the dev team can focus more on balancing and rewards. Seriously, what a huge let down for such a novel game mode. The balance team has made it clear that huge blobs with little to no skill are more important than smaller highly skilled groups. Maybe innovate ways to prevent map queues from glomming together like some zombie apocalypse.  

What makes you believe this?

It doesn't matter if we talk about PPK or PPT, being small and effective makes you efficient and that has always been good in WvW regardless of World-system as there are finite numbers on every side. What you can accomplish with fewer free-up players elsewhere assuming sides are similar enough in totals and activity to begin with.

The Alliance system will not only have finite numbers, but also player-controllable numbers which will make small and effective groups a very valuable resource to any Alliance. You fit in easily and punch above your weight. I think your problem is that you are looking at larger, casual and public groups and making the mistake of assuming that you are of a higher-skilled smaller group while seemingly not being confident-enough in that notion.

If we leave your post there and swap to a broader discussion:

The actual high-skilled small groups have always thrived in WvW and will continue to do so. Most actual good groups I've known have suffered more from being too powerful than not enough, where 5-10 groups continue to topple larger squads (even though there seems to be one guy in every thread on these forums these days claiming that is impossible) and some 15-groups have had to run fake guild-tags because everything in a matchup just runs away from them. The Alliance system will let actual high-skill small groups recruit from across the entire region and use their name to attract likeminded players rather than gems.

This thread like most other negative threads just seems to be full of P2W players who complain about not getting to P2W anymore and to me that is a token of the system working as intended. They seem completely oblivious to the fact that whatever weaker matchups they suffer in the betas also exists in the live game. They're just on the other side, in a weaker overall matchup. The difference being that P2W is the means in one system and various skills (social or otherwise) the means in another. Then they try to muddy the waters and poison the well by spreading myth.

It doesn't matter if we talk about smaller groups' ability to affect matchups (fighting outnumbered in general) or content (eg., generating kills on meta-comped squads), I've yet to see anyone making these claims prove that they can be apart of even a remotely effective 5-man party yet. I'm just assuming that they attempt to spread myth until then.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The day is here for a data point comparison!

There's been ~870K kills+deaths since reset, which is ~70% the activity of the first beta weekend (~1.3 million kills+deaths), you know the week where everyone was outnumbered and no one was playing. 

I'm not even going to take a picture of the matchup scores because it looks like a complete kitten disaster lol. But granted the messed up tiers dont help.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forum Moderator.3419 said:

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to keep it civil. I've removed some posts.

Regards.

"Civilization wants us to wish a good morning to one who would gladly send himself to the devil; And to be well educated is to be a comedian." - Luigi Pirandello

So, good morning to all of you guys from GW2 and especially to all you guys from development. A bit of healthy irony I'm sure will only warm your hearts. ✌️

i totaly agree with this , they should actualy invest into making more content for wvw , and pvp , like they do for pve , they are so invested in pve , that the only thing they are doing right now , is trying to fix something that probably wont be fixed , it took them years to get this kitten systeme into the game without any results , just give up this and try something new jesus , bring more content to the wvw sandbox , make new sieges , new tact , rework the maps for a new refreshing experience  , make  objectives that pops up randomly on every map that impact the team who wins them over  so you can have variety gameplay, and at the same time roamers can form groups and try to get busy doing those , im not in a spot to give the most brilliant ideas for a sandbox pvp , but this alliance systeme is just being forced at this point for no real reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2023 at 10:13 PM, Prophet of Flames.2783 said:

I have never changed servers and have never had this issue. Sure, sometimes some guilds leave just like they came, but the core stays, so it's fine and you'll recover quickly.

You are conflating bad servers with the system being bad, rather than just a few servers being the outliers.

And then I think of a server like Dragonbrand that has had like 8+ bandwagons run through them over the years.

This is fine, just recover in the basement of T4 for 2 years. 😏🍦

• Sad 1

It was a horrid beta and I hope we never have another.  It was depressing not knowing people who were cruel to insanely abusive in team and map chats.

Get rid of links.

Expand maps at need when all maps are queued.

Give commanders voice.

Hire people to work on WvW who actually play WvW.

Give us back tournaments.

Expand the tiers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Rebuke.3176 said:

Get rid of links.

even not, changing matches every month or every 2 months is fun, the result of the matches will never be obvious, and you get to meet many different people.

Expand maps at need when all maps are queued.

absolutely not, if a map is full go play on another map. and if your server is set up to rack up a mountain of players all the time, then you stand in line all evening, while the others play.

Give commanders voice.

it may not be necessary

Hire people to work on WvW who actually play WvW.

this is absolutely the best suggestion. those who work there should do it with a lot of passion, and be part of more communities to get to know this product better.

Give us back tournaments.

please yes, allow your players honest comparison and healthy competition

Expand the tiers.

let's make wvw great, as it should be, give caesar what is caesar's. give wvw its place among the most beautiful and immersive pvp games the ''bit people'' have ever known.🤭