(PVP) Ranger main tried Vindicator glass cannon, why does it feel so much tankier/complete?

Rhailex.2513

I've played 700 hours on ranger in recent times and had like 3k when the game was released (I had a long break and lost my old account), so all the skills are ingrained into muscle memory. So in search of something "fresh", I ended up really liking vindicator. However, it feels like vindicator is both more mobile, more tanky, has way more disengage potential and is overall more "complete" in what it can do.

While on Soulbeast & Untamed it feels very sluggish and just lacking unless the matchmaking gives me a very good composition. Maybe I am missing something.

I have a bit over 700 matches on ranger and only 70 on revenant, but I'm already doing better on rev. What gives? Is it simply just me that's grown burned out on ranger?

Honestly I am just looking for some reflection and discussion.

Edited by Rhailex.2513

• Rhailex.2513 changed the title to (PVP) Ranger main tried Vindicator glass cannon, why does it feel so much tankier/complete?

Revenant in general has busted base sustain compared to the current ranger, things will be much better with the next balance patch but for now, yeah you're doing better on Vindicator compared to any ranger build( relatively speaking) thx to having:

1. Block on GS and Staff, Vindicator GS is pretty dope compared to Hammer Untamed which is just a PvE weapon
  2. 1.5k healing on swapping legends/using alliance skills with 0 healing power
  3. Highly customisable with different legend combos ( of course always keeping the double kurzik/luxon legend)

19 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

untamed ist an absolut beast for PvP, but its Harder to pull of than vindi. IT IS Just easier to play 

Pretty much this. Power ranger is in a great spot ATM, it just requires way more finesse to get max value out of its toolkit. Vindi you can hurr durr around and generate value

Condi ranger is pretty meh ATM. Not sure what builds you run on ranger

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Confused 3

On 6/19/2023 at 7:10 AM, Avatar.3568 said:

untamed ist an absolut beast for PvP, but its Harder to pull of than vindi. IT IS Just easier to play 

Can attest. Untamed is extremely versatile and powerful but it took me lots of matches to get it up to speed. There are variations to untamed - tankier option or DPS variant (you can find on that one on metabattle). 

DPS soulbeast still has its place though, but definitely not as "complete" as a well played vindicator. 

Edited by Domino.1359