Shouldn't we have another set of legendary armor available?

5 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Oh, tell me, how exactly is legendary armor relevant in PvP?

How is it relevant in Open World. Open World Players don’t change their build. They still use the same non meta 4K DPS build they used years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

PvP and WvW are different game modes. Every game mode has a method for legendary armor. 

And raids and OW is different things .

That why we we will have 2x Living stories + 0x Raids in the next expansion

Raid developemt was postponed for low numbers . It was Raiders fault (to protect the raid selling bussness) , not the game or the casuals .

Dont destroy other modes , because you want casuals  to play with you , but you turn around and say "everything is ok in Raids, people do that constadly":PPP

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

20 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And raids and OW is different things .

That why we we will have 2x Living stories + 0x Raids in the next expansion

Raid developemt was postponed for low numbers . It was Raiders fault (to protect the raid selling bussness) , not the game or the casuals .

Dont destroy other modes , because you want casuals  to play with you , but you turn around and say "everything is ok in Raids, people do that constadly":PPP

They stopped developing raids because they weren’t popular enough. How can they justify developing open world legendary armor that only a very small minority of open world players would be interested in? 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I dont get why OW mains are crying over the lege armors when in reality it makes 0 difference if they have it or not.. it doesnt affect your gameplay, nor rewards. Be original kitten and maybe ask for anet something which actually would be usefull only for OW people like idk.. legendary fishing rods with ton of extra fishing power.. legendary infusions which gives extra rewards from world bosses or metas.. and rn ow people are just arguing for the sake of arguing.. just wake up, legendary armors wont change anything for OW people, it doesnt matter if they had it or not, its literally waste of resources and time for anet

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

50 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Oh, tell me first, how exactly is legendary armor relevant to open world people? Gonna change your stats while going fishing to the next map? 

Are you saying no open world players like changing their looks as often as they want? Because that's now a feature of legendary armor. You may think it's all about stats and nothing else, but this game isn't called fashion wars 2 for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

34 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

I dont get why OW mains are crying over the lege armors when in reality it makes 0 difference if they have it or not.. it doesnt affect your gameplay, nor rewards. Be original kitten and maybe ask for anet something which actually would be usefull only for OW people like idk.. legendary fishing rods with ton of extra fishing power.. legendary infusions which gives extra rewards from world bosses or metas.. and rn ow people are just arguing for the sake of arguing.. just wake up, legendary armors wont change anything for OW people, it doesnt matter if they had it or not, its literally waste of resources and time for anet

If it makes zero difference, why are you so worried about other people getting it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Are you saying no open world players like changing their looks as often as they want? Because that's now a feature of legendary armor. You may think it's all about stats and nothing else, but this game isn't called fashion wars 2 for no reason.

Lol and how often do you even need to change your looks? Literally every time you change the map? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Maybe you didn’t know but you don’t need legendary armor to change your look, you can use transmutation charges. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

51 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Oh, tell me first, how exactly is legendary armor relevant to open world people? Gonna change your stats while going fishing to the next map? 

In the open world you can change your build. You can also change your appearance. Both are aspects of legendary armor. And I'm a altoholic as well. I have  60 80th level characters. Maybe I'd rather have legendary armor than say making 60 sets of ascended armor. And maybe I'd like free transumation for all of my characters. 

But PvP players can't actually change stats with legedendary armor, because in PvP you change stats with an amulet, yet PvP players have an easy way for them to get legendary armor.  I'd say it's 100% more useful to a PVEer than a PvPer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, soul.9651 said:

Lol and how often do you even need to change your looks? Literally every time you change the map? 

I do on three of my characters. One of them is called Entropic Entity. I change her look almost every time I play her, because she is a mesmer that had a bizarre portal accident and now has unstable clothing. I randomize her clothing and dyes, ever since they added it to the game. I had so much fun with it, that I added two more characters to do it.

One is called Clumsy Clive, he's heavy armor and he keeps spilling stuff on his armor so he has to keep changing it. The other is called Maggie Makeover. I have enough skins to want to see them used, and it's fun so sure. Now what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Maybe you didn’t know but you don’t need legendary armor to change your look, you can use transmutation charges. 

Sure, and raiders can make 87y sets of ascended armor, not really the point. PvPers get a way to make legendary and changing stats in SPVP doesn't even do anything. It's arguably more useful in PvE. Shrugs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, soul.9651 said:

Soloing something on off hours or on a unpopular map. On top of normal dps and boon dps you may want to run to speed things up. I change my gear way more often in OW then instanced content. You mostly only run your 2 relevant meta builds in instanced content anyway depending on class. Post was about instanced PvE alternatives anyways.

44 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

They stopped developing raids because they weren’t popular enough. How can they justify developing open world legendary armor that only a very small minority of open world players would be interested in? 

Strike are actually popular. So is Open World. They can't justify making another uber armor, they can easily make another "plain" legendary skin.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

In the open world you can change your build. You can also change your appearance. Both are aspects of legendary armor. 

Yes you can change your build, but does OW have any challenging content where it would matter? No.... Again if anet introduced us something like "veteran difficulty" for open world where everything becomes harder, then i would agree that having lege armors would be relevant. And for fashion wars i mean cmon is that the best and the only reason for them to add lege armor there...?  If the appearence is the problem, why wouldnt you ask for anet to rework it and get rid of transmutation shards alltogether instead of all this bickering

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

Yeah , because the team that create skins and + then one organise the curency/way to get the item + minor playtesters (check bugs) , is the same teams that must create a Raid  map ( enviroment artist) + the Balancer to create a fun encounters around the current powercreep + the 2 above teams mentions +  major playtesters (try to imagine which cheating strategie players will come up).

You had the chance with Strikes that offered Mystic coins and random Gen3 precursos, but you had to blew it with forcing people to use LI builds in Soo Won , just to get ready them for Raids . Essentially we could have used  that boring currency , just like fractals .

Coomon , every1 wants to loved like the famous kids back in highscool (i pwn every single of you in pvp) .... but common ...dont create such  a mess...

Otherwise , i help to speed it up   :PPP

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6

38 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Yes you can change your build, but does OW have any challenging content where it would matter? No.... Again if anet introduced us something like "veteran difficulty" for open world where everything becomes harder, then i would agree that having lege armors would be relevant. And for fashion wars i mean cmon is that the best and the only reason for them to add lege armor there...?  If the appearence is the problem, why wouldnt you ask for anet to rework it and get rid of transmutation shards alltogether instead of all this bickering

Open World can be really difficult if someone chooses to make it difficult for themselves, just for the fun of it ofc. Doing Legendary bounties solo, doing large scale group events solo, in some cases even meta events, the East meta in Bjoras Marches is a good example as it's actually possible to do solo up to the part with Ice Golem. 

For people who do things like that being able to change their builds on the fly when they get out of combat is useful, and that's a reason to get Legendary gear. I'm not saying that gear should be possible to get via Open World activities, I'm just arguing the usefulness that it has for Open World people. 

And yeah, the free skin transmutation is also nice, I'm sure some people get a lot of use out of it. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jason.1083 said:

Open World can be really difficult if someone chooses to make it difficult for themselves, just for the fun of it ofc. Doing Legendary bounties solo, doing large scale group events solo, in some cases even meta events, the East meta in Bjoras Marches is a good example as it's actually possible to do solo up to the part with Ice Golem. 

For people who do things like that being able to change their builds on the fly when they get out of combat is useful, and that's a reason to get Legendary gear. I'm not saying that gear should be possible to get via Open World activities, I'm just arguing the usefulness that it has for Open World people. 

And yeah, the free skin transmutation is also nice, I'm sure some people get a lot of use out of it. 

I doubt that open world only players are the ones who are making the open world challenging by doing bounties and stuff solo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

I doubt that open world only players are the ones who are making the open world challenging by doing bounties and stuff solo. 

Well how do you think I know Bjoras Marches can be done solo, maybe because I've tested it, so I'm a live example. 

• Like 3

Just now, bluehead.9842 said:

rather than create another set,  I prefer they update the WvW and PvW armor, cause the looks are..... horrible and its also dont have animation, at least PvE one got nice animation 

True, my WvW set is quite underwhelming, luckily I already planned to use an outfit over it so it's ok. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

I mean yeah, but at that point this just also means people are just soloing group content which was intended to be done by a squad of players.. i mean i can agree that changing your build is relevant at that point but at the same time, this is no longer an mmo experience in an mmo game. If you can solo a content which was supposed to be done by a ton of people teaming up to me this just sounds like a game balance is a total mess 

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3

I mean yeah, but at that point this just also means people are just soloing group content which was intended to be done by a squad of players.. i mean i can agree that changing you build is relevant at that point but at the same time, this is no longer an mmo experience in an mmo game. If you can solo a content which was supposed to be done by a ton of people teaming up to me this just sounds like a game balance is a total mess 

If you're referring to the Bjoras Marches thing I said it's largely about giving up 2 shrines and holding the last one, never getting out of the point cause you'll loose it in seconds, and then it's just a matter of, stay alive while many dozens of icebrood and svanir dog pile on you until the timer ends. So it's not so much a balance issue as much as a mechanic issue. 

Just now, jason.1083 said:

If you're referring to the Bjoras Marches thing I said it's largely about giving up 2 shrines and holding the last one, never getting out of the point cause you'll loose it in seconds, and then it's just a matter of, stay alive while many dozens of icebrood and svanir dog pile on you until the timer ends. So it's not so much a balance issue as much as a mechanic issue. 

I was thinking more in general not just about bjora marches, for example lege bounties, i think hizen soloed some meta events aswell. But its not just OW tho, people 5man or almost solo raids, other instanced content too, and yes it is extra challenge to do that kind of stuff but at the same time this is only possible just because game's powercreep is the highest it has ever been over the years..

• Like 2

I was thinking more in general not just about bjora marches, for example lege bounties, i think hizen soloed some meta events aswell. But its not just OW tho, people 5man or almost solo raids, other instanced content too, and yes it is extra challenge to do that kind of stuff but at the same time this is only possible just because game's powercreep is the highest it has ever been over the years..

Yup, makes non meta builds stand no chance against the meta, and it's not because the meta builds are just better thought out, it's because some things are just more powerful than they should, you can have a non meta build that's very well designed, but still not good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

No. We have 1 for each game mode. No reason to have more than that. Also at this point they should stop maekin Legendary items and just make them skins to unlock for cheaper price. 

No, don't say that, let them make a legendary breather firt, then they can stop. 

• Haha 1