How about we wait for Mesmer update

ventress.4879

Again even though I come off as a troll to the entire Mesmer community isn't there still some sense in waiting for the Update to come about before slandering any changes. 

I have brought this up before but almost any discord I'm on people Hate Mesmer. Most players even the ones playing Mesmer let me know it's OP and generally just play the Meta Builds due to that fact. 

I have never come across anyone in game besides myself that defend Mesmer and this is comming from Mesmer forum troll. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 13

53 minutes ago, ventress.4879 said:

Again even though I come off as a troll to the entire Mesmer community isn't there still some sense in waiting for the Update to come about before slandering any changes. 

I have brought this up before but almost any discord I'm on people Hate Mesmer. Most players even the ones playing Mesmer let me know it's OP and generally just play the Meta Builds due to that fact. 

I have never come across anyone in game besides myself that defend Mesmer and this is comming from Mesmer forum troll. 

Most people here on the forums seem to look at Virtuoso especially from a PvP standpoint, where losing the block on Bladeturn Requiem is a significant downside.

For example, in raids and strike missions, Condition Virtuoso is going to be buffed by a lot and will dominate the meta even more. But that type of game mode (endgame group content) and playstyle (actually running DPS meter and caring about the numbers you get) is very rarely represented on this forum.

There are probably more regular posters here who legitimately play this game only for fashion wars (and wish for cosmetic changes, like being able to hide daggers, or like it when skills have flashy cool animations) than who care about DPS numbers.

That being said - the point of a patch preview is to be able to talk about the changes. Anet literally wants us to give feedback and voice our concerns, so that's why we are doing it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, REMagic.8937 said:

Most people here on the forums seem to look at Virtuoso especially from a PvP standpoint, where losing the block on Bladeturn Requiem is a significant downside.

For example, in raids and strike missions, Condition Virtuoso is going to be buffed by a lot and will dominate the meta even more. But that type of game mode (endgame group content) and playstyle (actually running DPS meter and caring about the numbers you get) is very rarely represented on this forum.

There are probably more regular posters here who legitimately play this game only for fashion wars (and wish for cosmetic changes, like being able to hide daggers, or like it when skills have flashy cool animations) than who care about DPS numbers.

That being said - the point of a patch preview is to be able to talk about the changes. Anet literally wants us to give feedback and voice our concerns, so that's why we are doing it.

Virtuoso especially has been a large part of Mesmer critism lately with its long drawn out invulnerabilities. To be honest playing against a Mesmer while myself knowing it mechanics makes fighting them very easy but the guess the player base as a whole still has an issue. 

Im all for providing feedback but some people want to jump off a cliff when they see that Mirage second dodge isn't going to come back without a nerf to the CC immunity. 

• Confused 4

9 minutes ago, ventress.4879 said:

Virtuoso especially has been a large part of Mesmer critism lately with its long drawn out invulnerabilities. To be honest playing against a Mesmer while myself knowing it mechanics makes fighting them very easy but the guess the player base as a whole still has an issue. 

Im all for providing feedback but some people want to jump off a cliff when they see that Mirage second dodge isn't going to come back without a nerf to the CC immunity. 

99% of mesmer haters cant even tell a difference between builds.
And think that the 3x dps traitline virtuoso that killed them is the same virtuoso that runs 3 signets and inspiration, it has always been this way. Mesmer is a class that most players are unwilling to learn, and this pvp culture is all about nerfing the competition and never actually getting better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

99% of mesmer haters cant even tell a difference between builds.
And think that the 3x dps traitline virtuoso that killed them is the same virtuoso that runs 3 signets and inspiration, it has always been this way. Mesmer is a class that most players are unwilling to learn, and this pvp culture is all about nerfing the competition and never actually getting better.

Pretty much but that is the game we have. It's very casual with the most popular PvP game mode being WvW where you can just join a massive zerg of players and get carried. 

• Confused 4

7 hours ago, ventress.4879 said:

The second dodge is compensation only in PvP. Meanwhile in PvE it's just a straight downgrade with nothing in return.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:11 PM, ventress.4879 said:

There's nothing "easy" about playing vs a virtuoso. You can't outplay it, you simply have to burn through their plethora of defensive CDs before killing them is possible. This task is extremely frustrating for 1 player, especially on specs with a low volume of attacks, IE warrior. The only viable killing strategy is to 1vX it or completely ignore it. Bladeturn requiems CD is too short for how much is does. 

Builds with multiple unblockables can kill it outnumbered fairly quickly. That's less than a handful of viable builds. 

Defending virtuosos unhealthy state with "just outplay it" is cope from the people who abuse it. No one in their right mind enjoys fighting it. 

This is from an sPvP standpoint. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

There's nothing "easy" about playing vs a virtuoso. You can't outplay it, you simply have to burn through their plethora of defensive CDs before killing them is possible. This task is extremely frustrating for 1 player, especially on specs with a low volume of attacks, IE warrior. The only viable killing strategy is to 1vX it or completely ignore it. Bladeturn requiems CD is too short for how much is does. 

Builds with multiple unblockables can kill it outnumbered fairly quickly. That's less than a handful of viable builds. 

Defending virtuosos unhealthy state with "just outplay it" is cope from the people who abuse it. No one in their right mind enjoys fighting it. 

have you considered that maybe a bunker build shouldnt be easy to kill ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

You bait the Mesmer with auto attacks. Charge in and just hit them with 1, they can't tell the difference and will instantly go invulnerable then wait for it to finish before hitting your other skills. 

They have three types of invulnerability animations you watch for. One is they float which means they can't attack. The other is the shimmer which means they can attack. The last is blades circle them which will turn your attacks into boon.

Edited by ventress.4879
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

have you considered that maybe a bunker build shouldnt be easy to kill ?

All of these virtuosos rushing to defend their extremely unhealthy spec design. Jokes on you though because the nerfs drop in a few more hours 😉

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

All of these virtuosos rushing to defend their extremely unhealthy spec design. Jokes on you though because the nerfs drop I'm a few more hours 😉

joke on you I havent played that kitten spec since beta, it can be deleted from the game for all I care

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1