condi harb and reaper are balanced

Eddie.9143

11 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

they feel very well balanced and fighting them is engaging and fun. 

Condi Harb seems like it will be better after the patch. Curses is going to suck next patch, so I'm thinking blood + soul reaping. Maybe something like this. The speed runes are pretty troll, but I'm trying them out lol

8 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Condi Harb seems like it will be better after the patch. Curses is going to suck next patch, so I'm thinking blood + soul reaping. Maybe something like this. The speed runes are pretty troll, but I'm trying them out lol

i was being sarcastic, if u play condi harb u prob have a lil cwitty down there

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Conditions themselfs needed a nerf not Just a e-spec . For example condi Berserker. This build is only this strong cause of conditions been able to near oneshot peops with one burst skills Comb (conditions of course) while the build is Just using only Defence Lines! If you don't mind just go and Check it yourself: Condi-Bersi-Build

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Conditions themselfs needed a nerf not Just a e-spec . For example condi Berserker. This build is only this strong cause of conditions been able to near oneshot peops with one burst skills Comb (conditions of course) while the build is Just using only Defence Lines! If you don't mind just go and Check it yourself: Condi-Bersi-Build

Condi damage itself isn't a problem. Most condi application skills can be blinded, dodged or blocked same way as power abilities. If you play power build and you apply your "combo" on not dodging/blocking target they just die. If you play condi build and you apply your "combo" on enemy whos not dodging/blocking, then they still can use get out of jail card (read: cleanse or even convert conditions into boons).

Playing Breserker you're already making tradeoff. After all, you can't use Spellbreaker traitline anymore, which is the best defensive traitline Warrior can have. Another issue is, if you play condi, suddenly your value is very low if  enemy support Guardian or Tempest is near due to lots of AoE cleansing. On top of that your projectiles can be less effective with how much project denial is around, so in the end your offensive capabilites in reality ain't higher than Spellbreakers.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Condi damage itself isn't a problem. Most condi application skills can be blinded, dodged or blocked same way as power abilities. If you play power build and you apply your "combo" on not dodging/blocking target they just die. If you play condi build and you apply your "combo" on enemy whos not dodging/blocking, then they still can use get out of jail card (read: cleanse or even convert conditions into boons).

Playing Breserker you're already making tradeoff. After all, you can't use Spellbreaker traitline anymore, which is the best defensive traitline Warrior can have. Another issue is, if you play condi, suddenly your value is very low if  enemy support Guardian or Tempest is near due to lots of AoE cleansing. On top of that your projectiles can be less effective with how much project denial is around, so in the end your offensive capabilites in reality ain't higher than Spellbreakers.

The first point is wrong , most meta condi builds rely on easy to land AoE that proc several conditions at the same time that also disable you. Only warrior ends up as something of an exception since most of the big dps conditions are on telegraphed low range attacks and low access to cover disabling conditions , but It is a condi bunker so by default  it makes it kittening boring and you need to rotate into it and probably lose slowly if you don't have the damage and condi cleanse to win.

Conditions are dumb, it's not about skill there it's about if the build has enough cleanse to win or not enough and lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

gw2 community when there is 1 viable condition build in the game : 🤬

gw2 community when its power meta for the past 10 years 🤩

They would uninstall GW1 after first GvG they would have to play vs Necro & Mesmers team. I bet half of them would kill themselves after getting Spiteful Spirit or Soul Leech.

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The first point is wrong , most meta condi builds rely on easy to land AoE that proc several conditions at the same time that also disable you. Only warrior ends up as something of an exception since most of the big dps conditions are on telegraphed low range attacks and low access to cover disabling conditions , but It is a condi bunker so by default  it makes it kittening boring and you need to rotate into it and probably lose slowly if you don't have the damage and condi cleanse to win.

Conditions are dumb, it's not about skill there it's about if the build has enough cleanse to win or not enough and lose.

You can avoid AoE skills same way as you avoid other skills. In case of AoE fields, well you can walk out of them.

Edited by Morwath.9817

10 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 Nah i by no mean find condi builds bad. But they are mentioned to be DoT while in reality their burst is straight up higher than the one of Power Builds. Conditions in this Game are for sure pretty weird ^^

the condi zerker you mentioned that " 1shots you with 1 spell " takes 16s to deal its full damage.
condi builds dont have higher bursts, like ever.

• Like 3

@Leonidrex.5649 hmm but I just said "with one burst skill Comb" and not with just one spell ^^. Besides this the whole dmg comb of this build is able to deal something like 33k dmg in just 8 seconds. And yes this would only be the case if enemy get no condi clear left and let everything hit. Also with some cast time and weapon sweap this would go up to maybe 10-12 Seconds. The best Burst skill on this build is btw Fan of Fire with 8.496 dmg in 8 Seconds. Just keep in mind this is without a real dmg boost traitline used (aside of the baseline one of course)

3 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

They would uninstall GW1 after first GvG they would have to play vs Necro & Mesmers team. I bet half of them would kill themselves after getting Spiteful Spirit or Soul Leech.

You can avoid AoE skills same way as you avoid other skills. In case of AoE fields, well you can walk out of them.

I played for Xoo and CRY in gw1, condi wasn't such a big deal because every character had its own heal along with 2 healers per team. In the end balanced comps reigned supreme, and for a small time rspike, ele spike, and iway were running things

1 minute ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I played for Xoo and CRY in gw1, condi wasn't such a big deal because every character had its own heal along with 2 healers per team. In the end balanced comps reigned supreme, and for a small time rspike, ele spike, and iway were running things

And what kind of teams is reigning supreme now? Condi stacks?

• Haha 2

The necro has extremely easy and forgiving mechancis to recover from dumb plays, which also doubles up to allow good necros free get out of jail cards to make rediculess low risks high reward plays (like thief, only easier). Their downed abilities are also horrendous to fight for the effort to use. Im not even bothered about the condi when they have mechanics like that, becuase condi or power, they are toxic to fight.

Every ranked game has 1 necro per team minimum, while 4 per game is not uncommon in low elo at least. Youd be lucky to go 100 games in a row and not see a necro. I just know necros are going to play SB/blade after patch, and thats even more toxic.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

It's not ignored, condi chronobunker has been seeing play and condi herald just won the MAT.

So 0-2 people with condi damage per team at best when each team has a support vomiting cleanses. Shouldn't be issue.

Tbh most classes can spec for lots of cleansing if needed, people just choose to not to. In case if we would wander into too much condi meta, then Anet should just add Rune of Antitoxin to sPvP, works miracles in WvW.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

The necro has extremely easy and forgiving mechancis to recover from dumb plays, which also doubles up to allow good necros free get out of jail cards to make rediculess low risks high reward plays (like thief, only easier). Their downed abilities are also horrendous to fight for the effort to use. Im not even bothered about the condi when they have mechanics like that, becuase condi or power, they are toxic to fight.

Pretty much this. I don't think anybody would have a problem with Necro being strong if it wasn't explicitly designed from the ground up for complete imbeciles to feel competitive with. It's the same with Mech in PvE (or heck even Pvp, it's super easy to get top damage in a match with a build that's 4+ signets and an ai pet, that is just dumb).

Just putting this out there, but maybe throwing out the entire concepts of effort:output and risk:reward in a cynical cash grab to court the absolute lowest-common-denominator player is actually really terrible for a game's long-term health?

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 hmm but I just said "with one burst skill Comb" and not with just one spell ^^. Besides this the whole dmg comb of this build is able to deal something like 33k dmg in just 8 seconds. And yes this would only be the case if enemy get no condi clear left and let everything hit. Also with some cast time and weapon sweap this would go up to maybe 10-12 Seconds. The best Burst skill on this build is btw Fan of Fire with 8.496 dmg in 8 Seconds. Just keep in mind this is without a real dmg boost traitline used (aside of the baseline one of course)

power builds can do like 100k dmg in 8s.
condi dmg whiners always take these numbers out of their assess that never actually work in reality. average condi gets cleansed within 3s, so this 33k burst will do maybe 10k dmg in realistic scenario, which gets outhealed.
there is a reason why nobody plays condi builds when they tryhard

• Thanks 1

@Leonidrex.5649 i mean there are acutually some condi builds around that are just on "Meta" lvl. This would be Berserker/Reaper/Chrono/Herald that been said there are still more power builds around. (while some of those Power Builds are working more like tanky point hold Builds than just Power) to be totaly fair I think actually the Balance between Power and Condition Builds is very good rn.

And yes I do not like condition Builds cause i do not like their spamy Playstyle but I think its still fair enough to have them compete with Power Builds ^^

3 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 i mean there are acutually some condi builds around that are just on "Meta" lvl. This would be Berserker/Reaper/Chrono/Herald that been said there are still more power builds around. (while some of those Power Builds are working more like tanky point hold Builds than just Power) to be totaly fair I think actually the Balance between Power and Condition Builds is very good rn.

And yes I do not like condition Builds cause i do not like their spamy Playstyle but I think its still fair enough to have them compete with Power Builds ^^

in metabattle there is like 30 power builds to maybe 10 condi ones in great/meta category.
also interesting thing is that condi bunker you mentioned as " condi " build, but power bunkers are just bunkers 😄
also also, all the power builds are equally spammy and equally ( if not more ) braindead then condi, you think power vindicator doesnt smash his head on the keyboard to deal dmg? xd

• Thanks 1