So called dagger "buffs" are massive nerfs (pvp)

semak.7481

Dagger on virtuoso is supposedly should have been "buffed", instead it got f**king exterminatus treatment.

Dagger2 now does exactly 0 damage when you throw first 3 blades and does regular damage it used to do when returning. 

So, now its irrelevant how many blades you will land at any range because it does no damage and only matters blades that return (because only they are doing damage now). Arent you happy that you bladecalls are delayed by design by your cast time and then travel time and then your weapon skills are delayed even more! 

Before nerfs on zerk amu you could do like 6-7k on illusions-inspi build, now you do at best ~3.6k if all blades crit.

Dagger 3 used to do some 4-6k hits if used in a close range so it actually hits, now, on spawn, it does absolutely nothing and start to spew low damage blades after a solid second, so you can run to Narnia before it actually does miserable damage.

A weapon that never had any conditions, boons, evades, sustained damage but had some burst damage if you were in point blank range is gone. 

So, all in all. Elementalist being buffed and reworked all around. Mesmer is literally being NUKED with 50% dmg nerfs everywhere and cut boons/effects in half, traits like Chaotic interruption being deleted and replaced with a placeholder that does nothing, passive auto-procs are left for mesmer to rot. Deleting whole purpose of F5 on virtuoso to block without even buffing its damage, why this jebaiting blade-waste-skill is in a skill bar? And I'm not even mentioning whats done to mirage.

Why its allowed and let @Cal Cohen.2358 run loose? Why is he being paid? And for what is he being paid? To please elementalist playerbase?

Who should I even quote to get any kind of response?

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yup. Insane.

Dagger 2 needs to have outgoing damage

Dagger 3 needs to have initial damage, and preferably cripple

This patch also basically removed the dagger 2 "shotgun tech" that they showed off on the first virtuoso livestream as a cool trick. I would rather they revert dagger 2 and just made the bounce quicker (right now it gets "stuck" in the air for like 1s before returning, the damage is too delayed).

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dramatic choice of words aside (though I understand and share your frustration with the devs), I agree with you that Virtuoso got some really bad nerfs.

I'm most bothered by the "rework" for Bladesong Reqiuem (aka Virtuoso F5). This skill now does NOTHING. At best it's a 5 second melee range "aoe" that can be completely ignored by your opponents (and therefore by the Virtuoso aswell). If this skill is used, you probably fatfingered your F-Skills. Terrible design "solution" and "balancing".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Narrenwinter.2637 said:

Dramatic choice of words aside (though I understand and share your frustration with the devs), I agree with you that Virtuoso got some really bad nerfs.

I'm most bothered by the "rework" for Bladesong Reqiuem (aka Virtuoso F5). This skill now does NOTHING. At best it's a 5 second melee range "aoe" that can be completely ignored by your opponents (and therefore by the Virtuoso aswell). If this skill is used, you probably fatfingered your F-Skills. Terrible design "solution" and "balancing".

Best use is the instant aegis

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Narrenwinter.2637 said:

I did and I also have over 10k hours on mesmer, playing since release in 2012.

As I mentioned, I agree with you completely. I was just commenting on the hyperbolic delivery.

And what exactly was "hyperbolic" ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1