Just want to say congratulations to the skyscale whiners

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

A couple reasons 

1. Cheapens the effort of players who got the skyscale legitimately.

2. Removes a very big reason why season 4 maps have players in them.

1. Assuming it becomes easier to get, your effort will gain you additional abilities that the others won't have. 

2. After people get the mount the new way, they're likely to want to get those additional abilities as well as from the description they seem very useful

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I can already see the threads coming hey Anet why dont I get the full skyscale with my latest expansion purchase.

Other people get bond of vigot on air rescue and their launch rechage quicker + launch farther.

I want that to not this budget skyscale.

That did not take long.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

They're alienating old players but failing to bring in new. 

Hello I'm new, well 1 year playing now roughly. So new compared to many vets. They are bringing in new players, I brought 2 people with me so far and due to bring more in future when we finish our raiding in ffxiv. Dragging my static to do HT CM. They added a lot of the things I as a new player was asking for when I first started out, I didn't like the game having zero mount skins in game to earn. Having it all be solely gem store was really off-putting. I wanted open world armour we got that too, it was the open world that hooked me and my friends. 

Skyscale collection I didn't touch for quite some time since I had a lot of other things to go through. But trying to do metas in open world with no skyscale while everyone else DID have it was incredibly frustrating. I could not keep up so would often miss tags on major events. Such as the champs in dragonfall. Much as I love my bunny it couldn't keep up.

MMO's always bring in some sort of catch up mechanics. Although thankfully GW2 does not really need much of that, but skyscale is such a huge difference when it makes the difference between getting to participate in the content or not. So I am glad that future players will have to deal with less frustrations than I did. 

I think it might be nice to add a skin to the old collection to entice people to do it since raising your baby skyscale was pretty cute and fun! 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Anet releasing a new way to get skyscale is interesting. It shows yet again that no matter what Anet decide to do, someone will complain about it. It proves how different we are, and it’s impossible to make all players happy. Skyscale topics tends to get heated, and it seemed like people were divided in half when it comes to support or be against change with how to get skyscale. 

It’s too early to discuss if this will be a good or bad thing as we know little about the change and how they will make skyscale available in this expansion at this point. Selling the bear before its shot is never a good idea. It’s best to wait till it’s released and see how it works out then. 

my understanding so far, is that the players who did the collection to get the skyscale (the one existing now) will get skills and a skin collection available. This means the collection will still be viable as players might want the skin and skills. I’m looking forward to see how the new skills works, and I’m actually really excited about being able to use updrafts with our flying mounts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Anet releasing a new way to get skyscale is interesting. It shows yet again that no matter what Anet decide to do, someone will complain about it. It proves how different we are, and it’s impossible to make all players happy. Skyscale topics tends to get heated, and it seemed like people were divided in half when it comes to support or be against change with how to get skyscale. 

It’s too early to discuss if this will be a good or bad thing as we know little about the change and how they will make skyscale available in this expansion at this point. Selling the bear before its shot is never a good idea. It’s best to wait till it’s released and see how it works out then. 

my understanding so far, is that the players who did the collection to get the skyscale (the one existing now) will get skills and a skin collection available. This means the collection will still be viable as players might want the skin and skills. I’m looking forward to see how the new skills works, and I’m actually really excited about being able to use updrafts with our flying mounts. 

The skin is after the new collection, they do get some skyscale abilities boosted tho.