Alacrity Druid GRACE OF THE LAND is anti-synergy.

DeathPanel.8362

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Let me clear this up, Might coming from CA Kit was never a problem for these reasons:

1. The might stacks and duration were much larger and much longer duration than the alac.
  2. There are also other sources of might coming off various places from the Druid, including other players, so the Druid wasn't concerned with stacking 25 might with CA Kit. IT was concerned with needing to lay down maybe 5 to 10 at most.
  3. When the Druid went into CA Kit, it was generally when casting Staff #5 to set the water field, use Staff #3 on the water field, go into CA Kit and blast #3 on the water field, channel #4 and leave CA Kit. Lingering in it any longer than that was too much of a burn on CA Energy. That quick simple combo landed enough heal to keep players alive, and enough additional might in conjunction with all the other sources of might, to keep 25 stacks easily.

This is honestly of no comparison to what is happening right now ^

The only way to adequately compare that to this problem with Alacrity, would be if no one else was able to make might in the party, and the Druid could only make might through the CA Kit. <- If this were the case, people would have been complaining about the same thing, if they would have been forced to cycle CA Kit at weird times when heal isn't needed, to upkeep 25 might.

No, they most certainly are not. Have you logged in to play Druid yet my dude?

Please allow me to demonstrate this for you on stream so you can be keenly aware of what has happened to Druid:

~~ edit

Apparently the link wasn't loading the video. Here's a new link:

GW2 Druid PvE changes june 27 patch are really bad - Twitch

Let me know if this link is for some reason not loading.

Thank you for the video, very informative. I agree with most things you said, however, the part where you said that druid has more reactive gameplay so it doesn't have 100% uptime of certain boons is what I like. So yeah, other classes I'd probably want to see nerfs to them to be on par with druid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

So yeah, other classes I'd probably want to see nerfs to them to be on par with druid.

Honestly, that would probably actually be a much healthier meta game for everyone.

Let's face it, the game has become way too easy. If they would nerf the quick/alac times and all boons in general on everything, then we'd actually need each other again while in parties. I feel like this would be a MUCH more fun meta game. Also, if skill use was like "I better time this just right" instead of "ok let me mindless cycle for 100% perma uptime" it would put difficulty and mental stimulation into the game again.

So my two points are ultimately this:

1. I would like to see other supports, everything, nerfed like discussed above ^
  2. But don't do it to just one class. When they do it like that, that one class becomes obsolete.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Alac for a druid needs to work like other professions that provide Alac or remove Alac from all other professions to work like the druid or put in a trait for all professions and make it so only a skill they use out of rotation to save when needed is used all the time to get Alac.

Balance patch for druid alac is a joke

Yes they need to decouple CA from alacrity generation. I like people's suggestion for Regen being tied to alacrity generation. 

The current implementation is bad design. Tradeoff are okay, but right now you need to play the spec badly to excel. I think it's unintuitive, spammy and unfun. 

That patch ruined the druid so hard , counter intuitive , not well thought , and even if they gonna add more alac uptime with the avatar it will not change the fact you will burn your avatar to upkeep alacrity , no more for healing and especially not healing far away one isolated target as it would result as bad alacrity uptime for the subgroup ... 

Anet is so obsessed with the "let's remove all quickness and alacrity from utility skills , so ppl don't need to spam those ".... well think most ppl would rather burn 3-4 spirits to have 25-30 sec alac immediately and not take care of that boon for a whole half minute while focusing on healing and ... you spam avatar skills instead of spirit , huh nice ....

Rethink this patch , there are some specs who need to be rethinked as the specter with the long animation pits . Druid could really go for 3 spirits and have 1 ult and 1 utility free spot , what are ppl running instead of spirirts now ? search and rescue or some glyphes ? the 1 free spot utility was enough.

If someone had doubt about anet knowing their own baby , answer is right here ... won't touch druid again if the alacrity stay like that.

And the "dps" "cough" "cough" druid is just a bad joke ...

Firebrand and ham still top notch healers , far away.

Edited by zeyeti.8347