Thank you Balance Team, for the things you got right. ^^

eXruina.4956

Since most posts in the forums are of things that they got wrong, i want to thank the balance team for the things i feel they got right.

- Flurry: Its usable now, in the past running sword main hand was such a big handicap mainly because it essentially locks you out of a burst, after the rework it can be more reliably used to proc burst related traits, its a big deal for me.

- Soldier's Comfort: Thank you for the adding Protection to this trait, I'm playing around with this one together with Empower Allies and Phalanx Strength for group play, i also wish the group Stability change to Martial Cadence carried over to competitive modes.

- Doubled Standards: Another welcome change and something I'm fooling around with for duo+ play, with the addition of Resolution, running banners has become more reliable, with Banner of Defense or Tactics and blasting the Light Field with Warhorn has been pretty good in small scale fights. I wish the Light Field from the banners lasted longer, I find that the short duration of the Light Field forces me into poor plays. This together with leaps and whirls, make this particular design a fun and vivid playstyle. I'd appreciate more combo mechanics like this in our future.

The changes to Soldier's Comfort and Doubled Standards have actually added some pretty good group defensive utility into our kit for +1. I appreciate the steps forward.

In all honesty Warrior is looking much better than we have in years,  these changes along with some recent past changes since last octobber are real strides to progress, we're seeing more boons, something warrior has been thirsting for for years.

I've been swallowed up in too much negativity, i want to appreciate the good they been doing, so I'm making this appreciation post. Let's be positive and grow back some fur. hahahaha.. xD

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Is 2.5s prot even that good? 

With 100% Boon Duration it not even a realistic 50% Uptime. 

admittedly i wish it was at least 3s, specially for solo roaming, but i've used the current version to good effect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

admittedly i wish it was at least 3s, specially for solo roaming, but i've used the current version to good effect.

It works, but with having 100% prot uptime being the norm these days for supports, it could be stronger. 

OR staff will provide prot. 

• Thanks 1

The flurry and rifle changes were good. Especially since they have shown that more still needs to be done for those two weapons for them to truly compete for a spot in the weapon lineup.

Soldiers Comfort on it's face is also a good change. The duration is on the low side, but I suspect that is because they expect Runes of Durability to be used with it along with Guard Counter, which would end up being high self prot uptime on Spellbreaker. I also suspect like others that staff will be support and that prot will be built into it. 

Adding resolution to Double Standards was a good boon choice to add in. Warrior has been lacking in resolution access.  Warrior overall did need more protection and resolution access pretty badly and we got it. The only change I would make, and this is only if we don't get support staff with protection on it, would be to increase the duration of protection on Soldier's Comfort to 5s baseline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie, I'm happy with various "other" things that were implemented for Warriors. Flurry is actually okay now and won't make you a sitting duck. Soldier's Comfort and Martial Cadence synergizes with Defense traitline because more stability means more uptime for damage increase and protection for an already thicc class is always welcome. I haven't tried Double Standards yet because I find Discipline to be pretty boring overall, but apart from the dreaded Arc Divider changes (which I don't really use, hah), I'm just glad Warrior got something out of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It works, but with having 100% prot uptime being the norm these days for supports, it could be stronger. 

OR staff will provide prot. 

Supports should not have 100% party prot uptime unless they're defensive build or taking a major hit elsewhere for it.
And an adept trait is no place to get this much of it.

Also it suffers from the same problem as stab on martial cadence - it's a reactive/defensive boon chained to proactive/offensive mechanic (bursts).

Flurry is something I will give credit for, finally it's a functional burst, not punishing you for main hand sword.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Supports should not have 100% party prot uptime unless they're defensive build or taking a major hit elsewhere for it.
And an adept trait is no place to get this much of it.

Also it suffers from the same problem as stab on martial cadence - it's a reactive/defensive boon chained to proactive/offensive mechanic (bursts).

Flurry is something I will give credit for, finally it's a functional burst, not punishing you for main hand sword.

Well. If you play Tactics and choose Soldiers Comfort, you probably want to be a defensive support. Which not really a thing for Warrior currently. 

I guess staff will bring us to 100 uptime. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

In all honesty Warrior is looking much better than we have in years,  these changes along with some recent past changes since last octobber are real strides to progress, we're seeing more boons, something warrior has been thirsting for for years.

I've been swallowed up in too much negativity, i want to appreciate the good they been doing, so I'm making this appreciation post. Let's be positive and grow back some fur. hahahaha.. xD

This is correct. They did get quite a plethora of things right. A lot of these changes were really good. Aggressive onslaught, changes to sundering leap, the defense reworks that added resistance, the banner changes (*Squint*)- top marks all around for those things.

I am not overlooking recent changes because I am not a believer in two steps forward justifies one step back, but I did not forget and appreciate the positive changes made up to this point. I would like the shining lucidity with which those prior adjustments were made to continue, and I would like that to be rule, not the exception.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

i feel like the prot on soldier's comfort seems weird, the entire trait is weird

because if you want group support it's best you have warhorn trait right, it just gives better overall in group support, both resistance and fury are huge.

and if you are solo, defense is literally so much better, tactic is not worth over the prot..

i guess if you consider it a pve trait where people get perma fury and resist, so you can heal some and maybe add some prot

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1