Body Blow + Aristocrat Runes

Guy.9207

So I dug through some conversations in Discord and found out some people have been using Body Blow with Aristocrat Runes and Might Makes Right (probably Tactics as well), and it seems to synergize bizarrely well. As long as you keep CC'ing your enemy, you can easily overcap 25 stacks of might and heal again and again every second. Trying to run this in PvE yielded me roughly 1k healing per weakness application (assuming you didn't trigger it before 1 second ICD), and with mace you can practically turn it into pseudo-guardian mace where it heals you on landing last auto chain.

The only downside is that you seem to be dealing more damage via strike damage rather than bleeding, even with running mace/mace on Viper's, but it still kills stuff in Open World fine. In PvP, apparently the nerfed CC means Body Blow actually ends up being the main way of dealing damage against the enemies, so I guess if you run this as a Spellbreaker, you essentially become a very annoying opponent to deal with.

Edited by NeverLoseGuy.3894

17 minutes ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

So I dug through some conversations in Discord and found out some people have been using Body Blow with Aristocrat Runes and Might Makes Right (probably Tactics as well), and it seems to synergize bizarrely well. As long as you keep CC'ing your enemy, you can easily overcap 25 stacks of might and heal again and again every second. Trying to run this in PvE yielded me roughly 1k healing per weakness application (assuming you didn't trigger it before 1 second ICD), and with mace you can practically turn it into pseudo-guardian mace where it heals you on landing last auto chain.

The only downside is that you seem to be dealing more damage via strike damage rather than bleeding, even with running mace/mace on Viper's, but it still kills stuff in Open World fine. In PvP, apparently the nerfed CC means Body Blow actually ends up being the main way of dealing damage against the enemies, so I guess if you run this as a Spellbreaker, you essentially become a very annoying opponent to deal with.

It's an old school combo.

Edit:

With the new Relics you should be able to put the might on weakness application piece onto a better rune set after SOTO drops.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

I remember this. People were memeing with it and hammer a lil while back. synergy is there, but there's not a whole lot of substance beyond the meme. It's just-

you essentially become a very annoying opponent to deal with.

Most warriors are forced to be kind of annoying at this point ngl

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Just now, eXruina.4956 said:

how's that goin' btw, what happens to the people with legendary runes? 🤔

They've become aware of the problem, apparently Anet didn't even think about it or didn't care until there was an outcry. They're 'working' on some means of compensation. Unless said compensation is a legendary relic for free to maintain the functionality of the current legendary runes then it will be completely inadequate. They made a promise about this game, that it would be a nonvertical gear progression and that gear you obtain wouldn't become broken by an update and lose functionality. To not include a legendary relic for legendary rune holders would be breaking that promise and will push players away from the game. That is pretty much a summary of the relevant thread for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They've become aware of the problem, apparently Anet didn't even think about it or didn't care until there was an outcry. They're 'working' on some means of compensation. Unless said compensation is a legendary relic for free to maintain the functionality of the current legendary runes then it will be completely inadequate. They made a promise about this game, that it would be a nonvertical gear progression and that gear you obtain wouldn't become broken by an update and lose functionality. To not include a legendary relic for legendary rune holders would be breaking that promise and will push players away from the game. That is pretty much a summary of the relevant thread for you.

I bet they will overcomplicated things again instead of just adding a vendor that trades a legendary rune for an legendary relic.

• Haha 1

I run with aristocracy runes in PvE as part of a might-heal build even though my equipped weapons don't proc weakness.  I don't really need that power unless I'm fighting champs, for which I then just pop skale venom.

I'll be pretty disappointed if that power isn't turned into a relic, because it's so incredibly useful.  Might-heal is such a great alternative to using the defense traitline.

~EpWa