Do something about pulls

On 9/8/2023 at 7:19 PM, Braythorn.4328 said:

I'm getting much better knowing that standing on a wall with a siege group under it it a bad idea. I'm also getting much better at reading when/what class is moving in for a  pull attempt if I forget about the first sentence I wrote.

I had a 1v1 with a ranger. He was standing on his wall and I tried pulling him but it failed. 20 seconds later I tried again and got him. I wonder if he considered coming to the forums to complain about how op mesmer pull is rofl.

5 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I had a 1v1 with a ranger. He was standing on his wall and I tried pulling him but it failed. 20 seconds later I tried again and got him. I wonder if he considered coming to the forums to complain about how op mesmer pull is rofl.

The Last Guild Wars Design of Pull

"Pulling or "drawing" is normally a PvE tactic that involves attacking or otherwise aggro-ing NPC enemies or mobs, followed by a small retreat. The purpose of a pull or draw is to ensure the safety of a party by controlling how many foes it faces, when it faces them, and where. Pulling is an essential PvE tactic that limits the damage a player's party faces."

"Flatbows are the ideal weapons for pulling because of their maximum range and highest arrow arc of all the bow types.

Parties often assign characters with a longbow or flatbow to pull, since they have superior range to wanding and spear attacks.

Most common professions used for pulling are either Rangers or Warriors with a bow weapon swap, because of their higher armor rating, they are also able to tank the pulled mob for a short while as well.

Pets, minions, heroes in fight combat mode, henchmen, and uncoordinated PUGs may ruin a pull if they are not specifically kept from attacking the pull target. All allies must be told/commanded that a pull is occurring, and an appropriate area to wait should be designated/flagged on the compass.

PvP players can pull NPCs."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pull

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

The Last Guild Wars Design of Pull

"Flatbows are the ideal weapons for pulling because of their maximum range and highest arrow arc of all the bow types.

Parties often assign characters with a longbow or flatbow to pull, since they have superior range to wanding and spear attacks.

Most common professions used for pulling are either Rangers or Warriors with a bow weapon swap, because of their higher armor rating, they are also able to tank the pulled mob for a short while as well.

Pets, minions, heroes in fight combat mode, henchmen, and uncoordinated PUGs may ruin a pull if they are not specifically kept from attacking the pull target. All allies must be told/commanded that a pull is occurring, and an appropriate area to wait should be designated/flagged on the compass.

PvP players can pull NPCs.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pull

Would you like every warrior knockdown to be 3 seconds as well, Mr "that's not how it was in gw1".

6 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

No, they were not. And lol @ 50% failure. Did you even play gw1?

with Warrior Profession attributes including hammer mastery. I included 50% failure to make it healthy and competitive for knockdown.

there is no need of having perma-knockdown 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

with Warrior Profession attributes including hammer mastery. I included 50% failure to make it healthy and competitive for knockdown.

there is no need of having perma-knockdown 

nothing screams healthy and competitive like rng

Edited by Lilas.3648
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

i use mesmer sword 3

For the clone that appears behind the gate or the immob before they get inside?  And to be fair, the claim was they got pulled at 1200+ range from behind a gate, not that a clone chased after them.  I saw an iboga kill off someone from behind a gate over the weekend.  Good times.

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

For the clone that appears behind the gate or the immob before they get inside?  And to be fair, the claim was they got pulled at 1200+ range from behind a gate, not that a clone chased after them.  I saw an iboga kill off someone from behind a gate over the weekend.  Good times.

Oh yeah just to immobilize them before they vaporform into portal.

Just now, Burnfall.9573 said:

I kitten trying to break the ice between us. You are so harsh.

Being smarter than you isn't harsh and it's also why I don't get magic pulled off walls. Yes I am going to start calling it "magic pulled" until someone can show me clips of getting pulled from their super special totally safe spots.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Being smarter than you isn't harsh and it's also why I don't get magic pulled off walls. Yes I am going to start calling it "magic pulled" until someone can show me clips of getting pulled from their super special totally safe spots.

First of all, I am not here to have a competition with anyone. Secondly, if you were 'smarter than me', you would have not made harsh. insulting remarks to me including the forum. Thirdly, smart people don't Insult, are not unkind, cruel, vicious toward others especially when others attempt to make civil, polite, peaceful to having a peaceful dialog. 

Lastly, being "smarter than me", you are well aware of the rules which applies directly to you.  

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

First of all, I am not here to have a competition with anyone. Secondly, if you were 'smarter than me', you would have not made harsh. insulting remarks to me including the forum. Thirdly, smart people don't Insult, are not unkind, cruel, vicious toward others especially when others attempt to make civil, polite, peaceful to having a peaceful dialog. 

Lastly, being "smarter than me", you are well aware of the rules which applies directly to you.  

You haven't experienced harsh.

22 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Thirdly, smart people don't Insult, are not unkind, cruel, vicious toward others

Lol what? Some of the most intelligent people in history were gigantic jerks. Also, it's very difficult to remain respectful towards those particular opinions of yours. Like adding rng to cc. Also linking that clickbait video like as if that was supposed to showcase how broken chain cc is when in reality guy was playing against absolute scrubs and not even doing that much

12 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

when others attempt to make civil, polite, peaceful to having a peaceful dialog

Man, I wish I believed that you were here for dialog. Still waiting for your response on another thread about what constitutes an unfair advantage. Stealth has a counter. Cheating does not. Did you have nothing else to add?