What do you think about SPB?

Flowki.7194

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*Unbothered coffee sip*

So true, bestie ❤️

For thousands of years I lay dormant, who hast summoned me or whatever.

Nah it's fine. Count to 8 and you know when full counter is off cd. All the skills that stun you are telegraphed and give you a nice healthy grace period to get out of the way before you get hit by anything. Mesmer clones can't help but trigger it but "spell breaker" breaks spells and mesmer counters the other warrior specs (except for bladesworn but another problem entirely) so I'm not sweating -too- hard over that, esp if we get power mesmer adjustments in the future.

Nothing is unexpected or unavoidable coming from spellbreaker (except for if your class utilizes AI you cannot stow). That's a fairer deal than you will get from...anything outside of core engie/core war, probably. 

You keep shifting this to 1v1s, while I already said this about small skirmishes where full counter is cake mode procs. You also suggest ''its easy to deal with SB stuns/counter'' yet in this very thread you guys are saying its a very strong 1v1 side noder. The thing about being bias is, it makes your contradictions that much more obvious.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Flowki.7194 changed the title to What do you think about SPB?
11 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Some classes can't avoid proc ing full counter.  Try being a scrapper with shredder gyro.   

There are many abilitys in this game that have animations and cast bars that get dodged all the time. Full counter is just like a dodge, dunno why warriors act like its such a high skill ability, maybe the have it bound to a hard to reach key????

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

You keep shifting this to 1v1s, while I already said this about small skirmishes where full counter is cake mode procs. You also suggest ''its easy to deal with SB stuns/counter'' yet in this very thread you guys are saying its a very strong 1v1 side noder. The thing about being bias is, it makes your contradictions that much more obvious.

I didn't say anything about 1v1s initially. 💀

I said, and I quote:

• *Unbothered coffee sip*
  •  

So true, bestie ❤️

I saw your "in group fights" qualifier. It's not a qualifier.

What I want to know is why people hold warrior to some kind of standard that ultimately boils down to "If it fights you in a group it's toxic levels of strong" when that could be said of literally any class. Should it be less effective in groups?

What kind of class should not be annoying to fight in group settings? You really singling warrior out for being the prime offender in group content, and at the same time are squeamish about any indication that I may bring up its drawbacks when you can focus on it? Full counter has to work somewhere, right?

Tying yourself into knots like a pretzel to be upset about spellbreaker in a fray (where it should function well) even with all the limitations stacked on it over people that can't manage to not hit or evade the counter. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Why isn’t spellbreaker played often right now? I think if you find the answer to that you have answered your question. Yeah it’s strong in the right scenario but there are probably more important things that need adjusting.

cause blade sworn 🙂

20 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Sorry I do mean SPB, not SB. Edited title.

I think they are toxic in small group fights, as it pretty much ganrutees 100% successful counters. What they lack in DPS, they pay back 3x, in making already tanky dps specs unkillable, or giving burst specs free kills. The SB has two stunbreaks, multiple cc, blocks and counter, which mean its actually very difficult to stun and pin down, yet if you ignore it and kill the other dps, the SB is going to burn through your dodges and breaks in 10 seconds, best case, withought even factoring in the other dps stuns or immobs.

Im sure SB mains will jump to defend this playstyle.. but stunlocking people with high uptime, in a game where the average ranged burst spec can kill somebody in under 3 seconds is rediculous. Between SB and all the ranged AOE spam, its no wonder the other true dps melee specs are dead in this game.

spb is fine, tbh theres many specs that can out-kite them to kill them easily.

28 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Shredder Gyro lasts 6 seconds, FC comes up every 12.

If you press shredder Gyro immediately after a FC you will never proc it. 

ah... and they can just prevent me from using it by never pushing FC 🙂. The problem is it's my key damage and I need it as part of applying pressure against a warrior while dodging all their crap.    If I don't have it on... the don't need to hit FC in the first place.

6 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

ah... and they can just prevent me from using it by never pushing FC 🙂. The problem is it's my key damage and I need it as part of applying pressure against a warrior while dodging all their crap.    If I don't have it on... the don't need to hit FC in the first place.

and what about the shredder toolbelt skill that pulses... will that trigger fC?   What about my mortar fields?   Blast gyro has a 6 second super obvious count down... so they literally can tell when that's going to go off.

Rocket charge locks you into a multi second animation where you keep hitting.... thunderclap pulses.... 

Litterally they could watch me start a rocket charge and then trigger it right?

My shock shield block? lasts for a second or two and does hits.... does it trigger it?

I guess I can just hold off all my attacks till they accidentally hit the FC button so I can start attacking 🙂

Edited by shion.2084

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*Shrugs in exasperation*

?????????

Well basically if I Waited for full counter and didn't use anything that it could auto trigger off of (like shredder, blast, rocket leap).  There wouldn't need full counter because I wouldn't be doing anything to them.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Well basically if I Waited for full counter and didn't use anything that it could auto trigger off of (like shredder, blast, rocket leap).  There wouldn't need full counter because I wouldn't be doing anything to them.

Press any button that isnt shredder gyro until they use it, then press shredder gyro.

This argument is so silly Shion.

"what if I get countered on this skill" when that happening solves your other problem and nets you damage if it doesnt ~ 

Full counter doesn't even do damage to you, it just interrupts the last skill you were casting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Now his argument is "nerf spellbreaker it makes cata harder to deal with" 💀

Yall are gonna get me banned 

LMAO, Cata is omega busted and literally OP right now.

Forums: yooo warr busted.

They decided to go hard against this class today 😭😭😭

9 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

What makes condi cata more toxic? a spellbreaker+necro. Do they press more than 20 buttons between the three?

If you refuse to see the problem with condi cata then there is not much to discuss.
If I can pick it up, stomp people with it without much of an issue while I have basically never played that build before, that might be a bit of problem.
It's not because I am good (I am not), but because that build is extremely forgiving if you make mistake while being able to dish out unhealthy amount of damage.
You are not entirely wrong, but I could hardly pull the same bs with Spellbreaker when compared to condi Catalyst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:51 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

i liked str spellbreaker more than defense
i don't like the defense rework at all even tho warrior has no real way to deal with blind spam without it 😕

Same. But str spb was and is worse than defense spb. Str has a lot more interesting playstyle, def just has a ton of sustain. But the sustain really makes a difference.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Hotride.2187 nah its more like you need to use Defence line over strength. Not cause its the better Line over all but cause there is a trait in it that grant yourself resistance every time you dodge. Or in other words. You use the Defence line over the strength line on Spellbraker cause of the amount of blind spam that is around..... just simple as that.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

If you refuse to see the problem with condi cata then there is not much to discuss.
If I can pick it up, stomp people with it without much of an issue while I have basically never played that build before, that might be a bit of problem.
It's not because I am good (I am not), but because that build is extremely forgiving if you make mistake while being able to dish out unhealthy amount of damage.
You are not entirely wrong, but I could hardly pull the same bs with Spellbreaker when compared to condi Catalyst.

I think you have missed the point. Going to a mid fight to face a condi cata, spellbreaker and necro is now the average ranked match.  The three specs combined, depend on15 buttons for the core of their damage/utility/sustain. Specs like condi and power necro are very easy sustain/mitigation, an SPB just puts that on steroids. Spell also benefits burst classes, as I said before, when playing playing power cata, I hover on the outskirts near a friendly spell, to swoop in and use his stuns for my burst. Then I have my own CC left over for personal defence, or to peel, stop pickups, etc.. or to setup another burst on the next person. It massively increases the chance of 2 quick kills, while we are at very little risk of dying ourselves (unless both are mobile ranged classes)

I played a similar signet condi dps temepst for quite a while before the patch, it was good damage and still offered some team support (for when dps were not very good, I could still kill people). I only had to play condi cata for 5 games to realise the effort to reward is miles off, the free stability is an absolute joke. It took me a considerable amount of games to get somewhat good on power cata.. yet the average half decent gw2 player can pick up condi cata, and be a real threat to me after 30 min of getting familiar with it. Nobody with any sense of fair play you be using condi cata right now, just selfish morons chasing ranks. I SPB in much the same way, in terms of the effects it has on the game for what I consider to be below average effort.

In ways it is a bit like DH. They can get on point and then drop traps, that then forces players to engage a more difficult work around than the effort it takes to get on a point, and just drop traps.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I think you have missed the point. Going to a mid fight to face a condi cata, spellbreaker and necro is now the average ranked match.  The three specs combined, depend on15 buttons for the core of their damage/utility/sustain. Specs like condi and power necro are very easy sustain/mitigation, an SPB just puts that on steroids. Spell also benefits burst classes, as I said before, when playing playing power cata, I hover on the outskirts near a friendly spell, to swoop in and use his stuns for my burst. Then I have my own CC left over for personal defence, or to peel, stop pickups, etc.. or to setup another burst on the next person. It massively increases the chance of 2 quick kills, while we are at very little risk of dying ourselves (unless both are mobile ranged classes)

I played a similar signet condi dps temepst for quite a while before the patch, it was good damage and still offered some team support (for when dps were not very good, I could still kill people). I only had to play condi cata for 5 games to realise the effort to reward is miles off, the free stability is an absolute joke. It took me a considerable amount of games to get somewhat good on power cata.. yet the average half decent gw2 player can pick up condi cata, and be a real threat to me after 30 min of getting familiar with it. Nobody with any sense of fair play you be using condi cata right now, just selfish morons chasing ranks. I SPB in much the same way, in terms of the effects it has on the game for what I consider to be below average effort.

In ways it is a bit like DH. They can get on point and then drop traps, that then forces players to engage a more difficult work around than the effort it takes to get on a point, and just drop traps.

Guy's annoyed by teamwork

bro

it makes the dream work 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

This is singlehandedly the biggest self-report I've ever read.

Coordinating your burst with your teammate's CC?? Downright cheating. On par with port hacking actually.

Wait till you find out about staggering enemy respawns by bleeding the downs 😱

1 hour ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Flowki.7194Man you do realize spellbreaker and necro are literally meant to be a counter to cata? if a class is boon based then it should be countered by a class that strips boons. That's how pvp works.

This is not about cata or counters, why are you unablable to look past that? just like I can look past being an ''ele main'' to say that condi cata is clearly messed up. I also play tempest, vindi support, and have played both warrior and necro, its not about cata at all. Counters are not the issue here, it is the ethos of a spec that has a high stun uptime in a game where classes can kill each other in under 3 seconds, be that me being killed why stunned, or me killing somebody else who is being stunlocked.

How many brainded specs are in this game now? yet you all keep convincing yourselves ''it takes skills''.. necro, spell, condi cata, virt, scrapper and on and on.. all low skill floor bs that take more effort to work around than their faceroll over keys 1-5. This is before the mass overuse of AOE cc, dmg and heals across the game.

17 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

This is singlehandedly the biggest self-report I've ever read.

Coordinating your burst with your teammate's CC?? Downright cheating. On par with port hacking actually.

Wait till you find out about staggering enemy respawns by bleeding the downs 😱

So as long as it's considered team work, its fine. If I heal a condi cata, does that count? 

I guess I didn't expect much less, this playerbase has just acclimatised to so many toxic mechanics.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 1