What do you think about SPB?

Flowki.7194

Sorry I do mean SPB, not SB. Edited title.

I think they are toxic in small group fights, as it pretty much ganrutees 100% successful counters. What they lack in DPS, they pay back 3x, in making already tanky dps specs unkillable, or giving burst specs free kills. The SB has two stunbreaks, multiple cc, blocks and counter, which mean its actually very difficult to stun and pin down, yet if you ignore it and kill the other dps, the SB is going to burn through your dodges and breaks in 10 seconds, best case, withought even factoring in the other dps stuns or immobs.

Im sure SB mains will jump to defend this playstyle.. but stunlocking people with high uptime, in a game where the average ranged burst spec can kill somebody in under 3 seconds is rediculous. Between SB and all the ranged AOE spam, its no wonder the other true dps melee specs are dead in this game.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

I rly have an unpopulare opinion. Warr is straight up bad rn. The only things that hold this class mediocre at best rn is:

1. Condi Berserker with buggy longbow Burst Skill (get Adrenaline health cause its groundtarged for "free").

2. Condi Berserker is using only Defence Lines (besides the 300 condi dmg boost) while deal still decent dmg

3. Peops are still not good enough to blind/Dodge/Run out off range of full counter

4. Bladesworn is hard carried by 4 Defence self heal lines plus a Healingskill that could get refreshed by tactical reload makes it unkillable in 1v1.

Now If you don't agree. Do something about this 4 things and tell me how warr would perform without it.......

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

I rly have an unpopulare opinion. Warr is straight up bad rn. The only things that hold this class mediocre at best rn is:

1. Condi Berserker with buggy longbow Burst Skill (get Adrenaline health cause its groundtarged for "free").

2. Condi Berserker is using only Defence Lines (besides the 300 condi dmg boost) while deal still decent dmg

3. Peops are still not good enough to blind/Dodge/Run out off range of full counter

4. Bladesworn is hard carried by 4 Defence self heal lines plus a Healingskill that could get refreshed by tactical reload makes it unkillable in 1v1.

Now If you don't agree. Do something about this 4 things and tell me how warr would perform without it.......

Take away catalyst and untamed and warrior is one of the best side noders 

1 hour ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Spellbreaker hard counters elementalist outside of stupid signet cata. While I agree it’s frustrating to play against, you need to recognize when you won’t win certain match ups and either avoid the 1v1 or change your build before the match.

Hammer SB will dunk on signet cata in tramfights if they get their combos rolling(cause 1 stunbreak). SB loses to FA and signet cata 1v1, but I'm not sure about other cata builds

5 hours ago, chromodynamix.2495 said:

I think he means Spellbreaker, guys.

I was hoping he was talking about Soulbeast... wish someone would say something about One Wolf Pack burst spam...

I tried to argue that warhorn and OWP interaction wasn’t good for the game over a year ago. Now it’s even more busted.  Even if you don’t kill your target, you force them to blow at least 2 important cooldowns.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Spellbreaker hard counters elementalist outside of stupid signet cata. While I agree it’s frustrating to play against, you need to recognize when you won’t win certain match ups and either avoid the 1v1 or change your build before the match.

This isn't about 1v1's or ele, its about the concept in general of being able to have such high stun uptime in a game where the average burst class can kill people in under 3 seconds. I don't care about SB's who go sit on far all game, its the ones who actaully realise the true potential of setting up easy kills for team mates. Im pretty condifedent in saying the only reason we don't see how truly broken SB is, is becuase people don't use mics to coordinate stuns+burst.

Genuinely, when you get a good SB who knows that small skirmishes are its true power, nion gaarunteed 100% counter.. it allows a perpetual spam of stuns+blocks and mitigation/setting up burst. I even use it myself, I look at who the SB is attacking, and just wait for his stuns to then nuke that target, saving my own stuns/soft CC for defensive mitigation. Nobody is surviving a power burst with an SB sitting on them.. and if they do, they will not be in any hurry to go anywhere near that combo again.

Edited by Flowki.7194

You are talking about potential/hypothetical scenario.
Reality is that even if you target someone and lock him down, if people ignore the target all that set up is pretty much useless, which happens quite often.
You can't really coordinate your teammates unless you are playing as 5 man premade.

edit: Also keep in mind that FC was nerfed, it used to be a lot more obnoxious.
However if we are talking about team fighting potential, I would rather pick something else that offers more than just CC.
It's still good as sidenoder but not silly level strong like catalyst that can be opressive in both teamfights and on sidenode as well.

Edited by Greyrat.2378
edit
  • Thanks 1

Spellbreaker is one of the only classes that's actually designed right from the bottom up, inside & out.

It should be praised, not attacked.

If there were one class that personified the epitome of what this game's balance should look like, it would be Spellbreaker.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

You are talking about potential/hypothetical scenario.
Reality is that even if you target someone and lock him down, if people ignore the target all that set up is pretty much useless, which happens quite often.
You can't really coordinate your teammates unless you are playing as 5 man premade.

edit: Also keep in mind that FC was nerfed, it used to be a lot more obnoxious.
However if we are talking about team fighting potential, I would rather pick something else that offers more than just CC.

I am not speaking hypothetical at all. Its not my fault the average SB just goes sides and trying to 1v1 all game. The stand out SBs to me, are the ones who know the power they bring to group fights, position and pick the right targets, and get such high counter uptime, creating the perpetual sustain/stun cycles. It also isnt my fault that most SB's and power classes have not picked up on this.. and don't play off each other. I play off of an good SB every time.. its litterally free kills +saves all my utility like no other combo. 

10 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Spellbreaker is one of the only classes that's actually designed right from the bottom up, inside & out.

It should be praised, not attacked.

If there were one class that personified the epitome of what this game's balance should look like, it would be Spellbreaker.

What are you even saying? the SB has multiple stuns at hand across 5 buttons, and most of its sustain comes from pressing buttons it was going to press anyway. On a mechanical level please don't pretend SB isn't casual mechancis. The spec, like any.. obviously requirees positional skill, game sense, timing etc.. but to call SB balanced from the groun up? power necro is harder to play than that.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I am not speaking hypothetical at all. Its not my fault the average SB just goes sides and trying to 1v1 all game. The stand out SBs to me, are the ones who know the power they bring to group fights, position and pick the right targets, and get such high counter uptime, creating the perpetual sustain/stun cycles. It also isnt my fault that most SB's and power classes have not picked up on this.. and don't play off each other. I play off of an good SB every time.. its litterally free kills +saves all my utility like no other combo. 

Because that's where Spellbreaker excels.
Pushing it into team fight feels like waste of resources to me. I could probably wreak bigger havoc as Scourge/Reaper in teamfight than Spellbreaker, simply because it's much more suited into such scenario, and brings some decent utility for team as well.
What you are describing here sounds more like people that don't really know how to deal with being pressured.
But obviously if it works for you, stick to it.

2 hours ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

Because that's where Spellbreaker excels.
Pushing it into team fight feels like waste of resources to me. I could probably wreak bigger havoc as Scourge/Reaper in teamfight than Spellbreaker, simply because it's much more suited into such scenario, and brings some decent utility for team as well.
What you are describing here sounds more like people that don't really know how to deal with being pressured.
But obviously if it works for you, stick to it.

I'd rather have a good thief on team than an SB on sides, becuase they are far more prone to getting +1 killed, I know that from experiance killing many, and watching many team SB's die on far all game.  I could equally suggest that people don't know how to step out of scourge aoe, and that SB boon rips and stuns offers plenty of utility, while the very tanky nature of SB+lower burst damage ensures they are not the goto primary target. However, I could also suggest that an SB on point, stunning people trying to get out of scourge AOE makes that point a death zone. I have seen ample games with a DH, SB and necro on enemy team, it is toxic group fight gameplay...  the enemySB going far for 1v1's would be doing us a favour.

Edited by Flowki.7194

I think they are toxic in small group fights

*Unbothered coffee sip*

So true, bestie ❤️

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I hate spellbreaker with a passion.

For thousands of years I lay dormant, who hast summoned me or whatever.

Nah it's fine. Count to 8 and you know when full counter is off cd. All the skills that stun you are telegraphed and give you a nice healthy grace period to get out of the way before you get hit by anything. Mesmer clones can't help but trigger it but "spell breaker" breaks spells and mesmer counters the other warrior specs (except for bladesworn but another problem entirely) so I'm not sweating -too- hard over that, esp if we get power mesmer adjustments in the future.

Nothing is unexpected or unavoidable coming from spellbreaker (except for if your class utilizes AI you cannot stow). That's a fairer deal than you will get from...anything outside of core engie/core war, probably. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1