Never asked but curious: RMT in exchange for a service allowed?

I was curious to see if it were allowed and have been scouring the ToS and EULA and I can't quite find the specific question to be answered. Clearly rmt for gold is a nono unless through gemstore and there was a halt on gold commissions so I've read on a few articles but not for class training for rmt or raid clears for rmt. Can a dev or anet reply so I can distribute their word as proof before me and friends get in trouble?

• Sad 1

Paying gold to other players so they help you is accepted but because of the high scam potential it is, like other direct trading options between players, not recommended.

However any form of rmt with other players is not accepted. I can't remember that Anet ever, in the last 10 years, accepted some special way of rmt.

And if you receive gold from another player (and that gold comes from a rmt-player or a hacked account) it is likely that your account will also be banned.

That's what Anet said repeatedly over the years.

If you want to stay out of trouble, don't do rmt.

• Thanks 1

From the NCSoft User Agreement (link below):

You may not do any of the following without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCSOFT:

Sell...any of the content or materials on the Services, in whole or in part, except as allowed by us...

Make of it what you will. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025699913

Real Money Trading & Fraud

Real money trading (RMT) and Fraud are both strictly against the rules and policies of Guild Wars 2. We encourage you to review our article on RMT as well as the Rules of Conduct for more information on our policies and the consequences of these actions.

Please be aware that purchasing a high-cost run directly, or purchasing gold or items to exchange for a run, is likely to result in account action against the purchaser or seller. We encourage buyers to only exchange gold or items that have been legitimately acquired when purchasing runs, but sellers should also be aware that their accounts may also be at risk if it is found that the gold they receive for selling a run originated from Fraud or RMT.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011560933-Policy-Purchasing-Gold-from-Real-Money-Traders-RMT-

EDIT: OP you may want to read through these

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Thanks 1

Buying / selling "runs" is allowed, but at your own risk. For example: If you have too much anxiety to try to join a raid group, it is allowed to buy a raid boss clear from one of the raid sellers in LFG. This is fully at your own risk. So if you pay someone (a group) to kill a raid boss for you but then instead runs away with your gold, you can't get ArenaNet support.

Policy: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025699913-Policy-Buying-and-Selling-Runs-

Having said this: Players should absolutely try to join a beginner-friendly training squad for their first raids! Wait for Wing 1 or Wing 4 to be with the Emboldened buff and you have the perfect setup for your first raid training. Also see the link in my signature. Raid sellers are very expensive because they have to organize a full group for you and everyone needs to be payed.

But maybe you have done all raids except for a certain boss or CM that is just too difficult for you. Then it may be a consideration to buy a run for that, if you have a lot of gold.

Again, at your own risk.

As seller of runs you are at risk as well. Maybe a player pays you for your run with illegal gold he/she got from RMT or fraud. Now you have the illegal gold and may risk sanctions by ArenaNet for it.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1