Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele Fixed -- Move On -- Start New Thread For New Ele Suggestions

24 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Can you describe what you find is op on core ele? 

Did I not already answer this same question to you in a different thread?

Scepter auto big burns & might stacks, Written In Stone, Auras and Auras and Auras, ect ect. This is all Core Ele.

Also, I did not say Core Ele was OP in general, I said it was OP compared to other core classes.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Did I not already answer this same question to you in a different thread?

Scepter auto big burns & might stacks, Written In Stone, Auras and Auras and Auras, ect ect. This is all Core Ele.

Also, I did not say Core Ele was OP in general, I said it was OP compared to other core classes.

Oh yeah i think you did. Sorry my mind has been not working lately. I agree they need more adjusting 

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Core Ele would be the only meta if there were no expansion specializations.

It's way stronger than the other core classes. It's bloated. And this is largely why the specializations that sit on top of it are also bloated.

I predict that

Thief would still be the best +1 core spec. 

Core Necro beats it 1v1 and pairs up well with core guard in large fights. You'll see it in teamfights and on sides. 

Core Guard is the best support. 

Ranger is a perfectly servicible side noder. Winter's bite is a huge middle finger to eles. 4 seconds of spammable chill. 

Core defense warrior can probably do some stuff. 

Mesmers can cause the people who play them psychic damage

Rev is favored by the best players and the best players tend to win

Engi's get to live out their fantasy as a unit of measurement. All other core specs have their power judged in core engis. Guard can be 3 core engis. Mesmer can be 1.3 core engis. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

• Written in Stone: This trait now has a 25-second internal cooldown when granting an aura in PvP only.
  • Signet of Restoration: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Signet of Water: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Flamestrike: The first strike of this skill no longer inflicts burning in PvP only. Reduced the secondary burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
  • Dragon's Tooth: Reduced burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.

We can now put down our pitchforks. Ele is god tier no longer. 

FA Cata should be significantly weaker and Signet Cata is dead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:
  • Written in Stone: This trait now has a 25-second internal cooldown when granting an aura in PvP only.
  • Signet of Restoration: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Signet of Water: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Flamestrike: The first strike of this skill no longer inflicts burning in PvP only. Reduced the secondary burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
  • Dragon's Tooth: Reduced burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.

Now signets are arguably worse than before lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

We'll see about that.

FA Cata will still be strong, Hammer Cata will still be a top tier side node, and Tempest Support will come back for aura spam.

This is a great first stab at the problem, not gonna stray from that fact, but the issues with Ele are so deep, we just need to see how it's going to play out from here.

~ But kudos to the balance team for taking some actual action. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Ele Changes For July 18th -- At least they're trying with updated patch --
9 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

We'll see about that.

FA Cata will still be strong, Hammer Cata will still be a top tier side node, and Tempest Support will come back for aura spam.

This is a great first stab at the problem, not gonna stray from that fact, but the issues with Ele are so deep, we just need to see how it's going to play out from here.

~ But kudos to the balance team for taking some actual action. Thank you.

Trevor you literally are congratulating Anet for making Signets WORSE than they started out. I could get REVERTING the signets, but flat out making them worse than their previous iterations is a slap in the face. Do you even see the type of pattern you're creating or are you that blind?

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Trevor you literally are congratulating Anet for making Signets WORSE than they started out. I could get REVERTING the signets, but flat out making them worse than their previous iterations is a slap in the face. Do you even see the type of pattern you're creating or are you that blind?

Yeah I get what you're saying, and you can carry that cross as an Ele main.

But at this point for me, I think a bit of positive reinforcement is in order for the balance team because they at least listened to community feedback and took the time to do something, which is a lot better than what we've been getting, when they do nothing at all.

I mean in all seriousness, we need to be a bit thankful at times. It doesn't mean what they chose to do is perfect, but at least it was something man, better than nothing. We should show them that we at least appreciate as much.

Now you can personally begin the first next debate about what should have been done or what still needs to be done. As for me, I won't be saying anything else until I see what's going on in-game. And rest assured, I'll have plenty of feedback to give.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah I get what you're saying, and you can carry that cross as an Ele main.

But at this point for me, I think a bit of positive reinforcement is in order for the balance team because they at least listened to community feedback and took the time to do something, which is a lot better than what we've been getting, when they do nothing at all.

I mean in all seriousness, we need to be a bit thankful at times. It doesn't mean what they chose to do is perfect, but at it was something man, better than nothing. We should show them that we at least appreciate as much.

WHY would I appreciate a company that has now butchered THREE classes, THREE core skills/weapons. You do know you are now encouraging them to nerf EVERY class that gets out of hand this same exact wild way correct?

And no this is not because I'm an ele main, they did this to two other classes I didn't even main and it is honestly annoying you can somehow congratulate them when people were literally complaining beforehand how Anet doesn't know how to balance. But good job, bro, ya did it. Hope they don't nerf ranger and whatever other class is the next FotM.

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Dreams.3128 said:

You do know you are now encouraging them to nerf EVERY class that gets out of hand this same exact wild way correct?

Uh yeah, definitely.

We definitely need nerfing, not more power creep. Power creep is seriously ruining the game in every game mode my dude.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Just now, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Uh yeah, definitely.

We definitely needs nerfing, not more power creep. Power creep is seriously ruining the game in every game mode my dude.

You are so far disconnected and don't even care about what this is spelling out for balance changes after seeing so many other specs get buried (hey, Firebrand and Scourge says hi), that it's almost laughable. Again, good job broski. Keep encouraging Anet to not fix classes properly. You can run around in this dead mode and be happy. Have fun 🎉

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

You are so far disconnected and don't even care about what this is spelling out for balance changes after seeing so many other specs get buried (hey, Firebrand and Scourge says hi), that it's almost laughable. Again, good job broski. Keep encouraging Anet to not fix classes properly. You can run around in this dead mode and be happy. Have fun 🎉

No my friend, you are the one who is disconnected in this moment with your upset vs. signet changes.

What you should be doing is discussing what should have been done or what should be done next. But instead, you're poking & throwing at me, because I gave a head nod to the balance team. Well let me tell ya, there are probably an awful lot of people who feel the exact same way that I do right now, just relieved that they can go into a game and actually interact with an Ele now.

Poking & throwing at me is kind of moot. I didn't make these changes my dude. You can move onto the next balance discussion now. The fact that they took some action at all, is reason to believe they may take more action, if a better suggestion were to be made. This is a good thing, and that is why I gave the head nod.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

I'm seeing how the main elementalists don't like these changes, all my life I've used elementalist and I know how to play it and I must admit it was very easy to kill your enemy with key 1, I'm fine with this nerf except with written in stone which is now useless. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No my friend, you are the one who is disconnected in this moment with your upset vs. signet changes.

What you should be doing is discussing what should have been done or what should be done next. But instead, you're poking & throwing at me, because I gave a head nod to the balance team. Well let me tell ya, there are probably an awful lot of people who feel the exact same way that I do right now, just relieved that they can go into a game and actually interact with an Ele now.

Poking & throwing at me is kind moot. I didn't make these changes my dude. You can move onto the next balance discussion now. The fact that they took some action at all, is reason to believe they may take more action, if a better suggestion were to be made. This is a good thing, and that is why I gave the head nod.

If you knew how to read you would have known that signets wasn't my issue. And I asked why they added auras on signets. But most people in the pvp threads don't read, so I don't expect much anymore. My issues was the scepter nerfs that weren't Flamestrike. My issue was FA Weaver somehow getting hit too.

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

Congratulations! *slowclap* ...you killed an entire elite specialization!...and also kittened with core ele to a degree that is just plainly insulting.

Now that you castrated written in stone again to the point where it's just a meme (I'm seriously asking myself now: what was this kitten episode all about in the first place? Why even bother? Or do you enjoy the intra-community flamewar?) , could we please revert all the other crap that you came up with while listening to these forum warriors here?

FA was fine! If you want you can keep the flamestrike changes, but revert all the other crap you did to the scepter since it is utterly useless now...for a lot of different specs, not just cata!

A RELIABLE access to stability was fine (staunched auras) and much needed for a class that has the lowest health pool and light armor. Especially, if you insist on turning the elementalist into a wierd squishy melee brawler instead of...you know...a mage.

Signets are now worse than what you started with! Is this your idea of reworking utilities? Newsflash: no one was using them anyway before you tampered with WiS! And now, LESS people will! Why even investing time and resources when you end up WORSE from where you started?! Is this a joke?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This is how balance dies... With thunderous applause...

Also explains why I lost all faith in this community. They cry and cry until a class is completely destroyed. It's happened time and time again over the years.

You whiners are destroying your own game. Same goes to the crybabys bumping every thread that suggests their own bias. This complaining online till satisfied is no better than the exploiters who hack, que dodge, and wintrade ingame. 

Don't worry, the wheel will turn and soon enough it'll be your class. 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

If you knew how to read you would have known that signets wasn't my issue. And I asked why they added auras on signets. But most people in the pvp threads don't read, so I don't expect much anymore. My issues was the scepter nerfs that weren't Flamestrike. My issue was FA Weaver somehow getting hit too.

It's the fact that I did read, that made it confusing when you came in here and started an argument with me, leading in with this:

56 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

This ^ definitely looked like your issue was signets. I apologize if your issue wasn't signets, but when I read this, it looked like you were talking about signets.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Woodchuck.2386 said:

Congratulations! *slowclap* ...you killed an entire elite specialization!...and also kittened with core ele to a degree that is just plainly insulting.

Now that you castrated written in stone again to the point where it's just a meme (I'm seriously asking myself now: what was this kitten episode all about in the first place? Why even bother? Or do you enjoy the intra-community flamewar?) , could we please revert all the other crap that you came up with while listening to these forum warriors here?

FA was fine! If you want you can keep the flamestrike changes, but revert all the other crap you did to the scepter since it is utterly useless now...for a lot of different specs, not just cata!

A RELIABLE access to stability was fine (staunched auras) and much needed for a class that has the lowest health pool and light armor. Especially, if you insist on turning the elementalist into a wierd squishy melee brawler instead of...you know...a mage.

Signets are now worse than what you started with! Is this your idea of reworking utilities? Newsflash: no one was using them anyway before you tampered with WiS! And now, LESS people will! Why even investing time and resources when you end up WORSE from where you started?! Is this a joke?

2 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

This is how balance dies... With thunderous applause...

And this is why I lost all faith in this community. They cry and cry until a class is completely destroyed. It's happened time and time again over the years.

You whiners are destroying your own game. Same goes to the crybabys bumping every thread that suggests their own bias. This complaining online till satisfied is no better than the exploiters who hack, que dodge, etc ingame. 

Don't worry, the wheel will turn and soon enough it'll be your class. 

It was T4 or even T5 God Tier OP, relax.

God forbid the Elementalist class was only "on-par" with the other good builds.

Jesus I'd hate to see what you guys would do if you had to deal with your class being middle tiered like 4/5ths of the other classes/builds have to deal with.

This is what I've been talking about with Ele main desensitization. God forbid it gets a real nerf that it deserved more than any other class in GW2 history, and you think it dropping out of T4-5 God Tier OP is destroying the class. Come on now guys. Every other class/build has undergone these exact same kinds of sudden weird nerfs that entirely ruin and change the way build structures function. The rest of us have been dealing with this for years.

I love & respect all of you, but in all seriousness, I do not feel bad for Ele mains right now. God forbid you have to be on an even playing field with other classes. Get used to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It was T4 or even T5 God Tier OP, relax.

God forbid the Elementalist class was only "on-par" with the other good builds.

Jesus I'd hate to see what you guys would do if you had to deal with your class being middle tiered like 4/5ths of the other classes/builds have to deal with.

This is what I've been talking about with Ele main desensitization. God forbid it gets a real nerf that it deserved more than any other class in GW2 history, and you think it dropping out of T4-5 God Tier OP is destroying the class. Come on now guys. Every other class/build has undergone these exact same kinds of sudden weird nerfs that entirely ruin and change the way build structures function. The rest of us have been dealing with this for years.

I love & respect all of you, but in all seriousness, I do not feel bad for Ele mains right now. God forbid you have to be on an even playing field with other classes. Get used to it.

You mean like that time from 2013 to what, 2018? 2019? Where all that Ele was getting was nerf after nerf after nerf (Ride the Lightning, Cleansing Fire, Lightning Strike, and so many more)?

Yeah been there, done that...

I totally agree that the WiS build was broken...but then please for the love of God just revert this stupid idea and don't tinker with 10 different traits and skills! And if catalyst is over performing, how about nerfing catalyst and not start touching core skills!

• Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

OMFG. They created a monster with Wis and then they nerfed everything about signets to compensate. Then after failing they trashed Wis while also nerfing signets more. No one is picking signets with old Wis and no one should pick the new way nerfed signets with this Wis. The build is deads. Signets are deader than before. WHY DID YOU EVEN USE DEVELOPER TIME FOR THIS.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 I know you hate the elementalist class and you probably won't understand what really happen. You might even consider this as a BIG win! But at this point just know that I pity you for investing all this time in a game that has this team behind it. I really hope you come to understand what happened right now not just as a matter of balance..I really do.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1