Mirage

King Slayer.9671

13 minutes ago, LeoXander.2798 said:

disagreed.
i still play it and its still good almost anywhere.

Maybe you cant count me as expert. Maybe I’m not. Have you checked SnowCrows discord lately? Even mesmer experts over there dont even suggest to play mirage. None of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Maybe you cant count me as expert. Maybe I’m not. Have you checked SnowCrows discord lately? Even mesmer experts over there dont even suggest to play mirage. None of them

what snowcrows "recommend" is on pretty high end. if they dont recommend something, it means its not super great anymore. but it can still remain great. im a mirage main and im playing it all the time. its not below average. it has a hard gameplay style and you just have to play it a lot to be actually great at it im afraid. not to brag, but i outdps the majority of the pugs.
anyways, sorry we digress. this isnt the topic to discuss here.
@King Slayer.9671 check guildjen.com, they got guides for pvp

Edited by LeoXander.2798
  • Like 4
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Snowcrows is a website for PvE, specifically raids. So you're right, you're not an expert. So I don't know why you feel like you should tell people misinformation. The OP is asking about PvP. 

Power Mirage is in a decent spot right now. Dom 113, Dueling 113, Mirage 111 is what I am playing. Zerker and swapping between Lynx/Divinity/Eagle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

19 hours ago, LeoXander.2798 said:

what snowcrows "recommend" is on pretty high end. if they dont recommend something, it means its not super great anymore. but it can still remain great. im a mirage main and im playing it all the time. its not below average. it has a hard gameplay style and you just have to play it a lot to be actually great at it im afraid. not to brag, but i outdps the majority of the pugs.
anyways, sorry we digress. this isnt the topic to discuss here.
@King Slayer.9671 check guildjen.com, they got guides for pvp

I know this is going on a tangent bc the main topic was PvP, but SC is not exclusively "pretty high-end".
They have a whole section dedicated to beginner builds, their builds range from fairly simple to exceedingly complex.
Yes, they are optimizing everything the best they can, but that does not mean that their verdict on the current state of PvE only applies to high-end players.

I agree with your point of "not recommended = not super great", but SC has more than just the "recommended" category for their builds.
Staff Mirage was outright retired on their website, as it is probably the worst Alac build in the game right now.
Hell, even Power Alac Renegade is probably stronger atm, and that stuff hasn't been touched for years.

And sorry to break it to you, but Axe Mirage is in fact below average.
I absolutely believe you when you say you still outdps most pugs, but I outdps most pugs on my (Post-nerf) Quickness Deadeye.
It's not about outdpsing pugs, it's about "Would you have significantly more DPS if you put a comparable amount of effort into a different class / build?".
And for that question, the answer for Axe Mirage is definitely "Yes". And that's the problem.
A pure DPS spec (Bc let's face it, Staff Mirage is absolutely useless atm) with a relatively hard rotation should not be outperformed that much by every other DPS build (And even some support builds) in the game.

• Like 3

@Nightara.1804 you judge a spec if it is bad or not based on its damage and what it can provide. not its difficulty. thats like saying weaver is below average because, by your logic, the answer of "Would you have significantly more DPS if you put a comparable amount of effort into a different class / build?" would be yes. axe mirage is NOT below average. it has around 40.5k bench without active confusion.

@Sleepwalker.1398why is guildjen a mistake?

• Confused 4

On 7/21/2023 at 10:00 PM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

The new weapons should fix that for Mirage. It will probably turn you into a teleporting Dagger Sniper. 

The real problem with Mirage is your best weapon forces you to roll through your enemy with Axe 2. This puts you on the other side of bosses or into an AoE in PvP. 

Other options are less appealing with Greatsword Ambush doing Zero damage and Staff Ambush has been repeatedly nerfed. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

Well despite the confusion face, staff died long before alac was added.   Along with most mirage ult and nerfs to cds on everything.   Mirage today has nothing in common with the mirage of pof release.   But yes keep bitching about pve benchmarks and what not, kitten never mattered anyhow, besides raids and cm, very ego driven and elitist community I don’t take part in.   But thanks any ways for the confusion face, just shows how little you know.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

Well despite the confusion face, staff died long before alac was added.   Along with most mirage ult and nerfs to cds on everything.   Mirage today has nothing in common with the mirage of pof release.   But yes keep bitching about pve benchmarks and what not, kitten never mattered anyhow, besides raids and cm, very ego driven and elitist community I don’t take part in.   But thanks any ways for the confusion face, just shows how little you know.

Axe mirage benchmarks are not even impressive.Condi Virt should be doing around 30k dps on golem if we are going to be honest. What's the difference on Cvirt and prenerf Power Rifle Mechanist? Simple press anything rotations. If they hated so much Mech for doing ok damage with your brain turned off, Cvirt should have the same treatment. And they  have it so easy, reduce the 100% bleed chance on crit to a lower %.

And Anet seems to want for all mesmer players to play Virt and forget about the other 2 specs so let's destroy the other 2 that are pretty unique for our own copycat of a WoW Frost mage that has no flavor.

Was a time when staff was law when it came to any type of competitive fighting.   It’s been gutted for a long kitten time.   The alac gave it a second life and now that’s gutted as well.   It’s a defensive wep set at best atm.

• Like 3