Stealth counter

26 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

A boon is a type of effect that provides a positive buff to the recipient. Each boon provides a different positive effect, from increasing the character's movement speed and damage to reducing the recharge time of their skills. Boons are applied by many skills and traits, as well as some upgrade components. Conditions are the primary negative counterpart to boons' positive effects.

Ohh ok so getting protection when entering and exitin stealth is not a positive buff with a positive effect?
Removing a condition is not a positive effect?
Superspeed is not a potive effect?

Ok. 

Lmao.

Every skill in the game gives a positive effect. Boons are something specific in the context of Gw2, and your choice of term there implies a specific class functionality that thief does not have.

Sure though, I'll play ball. Let's assume you really meant boon in the english oxford definition way (that is, to mean: "Positive effect"). Is your argument "thief gets positive effect spam on demand" for picking traits, and that such behavior is specific to thief traits, in a way that proves that they should be nerfed? Think carefully now. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Lmao.

Every skill in the game gives a positive effect. Boons are something specific in the context of Gw2, and your choice of term there implies a specific class functionality that thief does not have.

Is your argument "thief gets positive effect spam on demand" for picking traits, and that such behavior is specific to thief traits? Think carefully now. 

Granted that thieves have the maximum accesibility to "on demand stealth"...yes u can spam for positive effect.

Im getting bored of this level of copium...it's a lost cause.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Granted that thieves have the maximum accesibility to "on demand stealth"...yes u can spam for positive effect.

More is lost when there are peoples which doesn't even know the difference between Traits/Skills & Boons. I think there's a bit too much playing around with untruths and mixing things up here. Thus, a picture is drawn, which does not exist.  This is lacking in basic knowledge if you do not even distinguish traits from boons.

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Don't worry, I'm bored of dealing with people constantly advocating for axing thief skills while barely knowing what they do, so we can be bored together.

Do you think a 273 tick heal, a condition cleanse, 2 seconds of superspeed, and a 1k barrier on heal are gamebreaking values, given that thieves have to spend their attack resource and/or endurance or a utility to enter stealth to begin with?

I'd encourage you to compare them to traits/skills from other classes. For example, I get almost as much health pressing any button as elementalist. 

I'm more convinced that you're arguing Shadow Arts is broken because everyone else used to before the rework that made it not even increase stealth duration or provide benefit while in stealth, and you haven't considered how the new traits work in the context of a fight. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Granting the fact that the majority of you keep pushing this idea that stealth is just balanced and a  totally fine mechanic when talking about thief i assumed i could use the term boon to identify positive effects.

My bad.

So if i can admit  my poor choice of wording,can you admit your poor choice of counter arguments? 🙂

Edited by ilMasa.2546
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Burial.1958 said:

That are not boons. 😶

Stealth is an effect like boons. It is a boon that have only 1 counter mechanic, revealed. 

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Don't worry, I'm bored of dealing with people constantly advocating for axing thief skills while barely knowing what they do, so we can be bored together.

Do you think a 273 tick heal, a condition cleanse, 2 seconds of superspeed, and a 1k barrier on heal are gamebreaking values, given that thieves have to spend their attack resource and/or endurance or a utility to enter stealth to begin with?

I'd encourage you to compare them to traits/skills from other classes. For example, I get almost as much health pressing any button as elementalist. 

I'm more convinced that you're arguing Shadow Arts is broken because everyone else used to before the rework that made it not even increase stealth duration or provide benefit while in stealth, and you haven't considered how the new traits work in the context of a fight. 

They are busted, most classes would trade all of their elite skills for these.
Comparing Eles signet skill which requires heavy investment via traits and equipment stats to become "decent" from garbage to something that is same bs via only traits is amusing to say the least.
If it's not as strong as you claim, then you shouldn't have problems with nerfing it to actually have some window of opportunity and let game engine actually work properly or you simply abuse it and don't want anything that would take away that easy gameplay?
I played teef, it's snore fest and you actually need to screw hard to die on it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

Okei now we had Stealth, Initivative and mobility, on demand boon spam (?) and now is also 3 dodges broken. Sure thief  has perma superspeed too.......everything is perma it seems. Oh man guys really GO READ the wiki or play the class for kittens sake.

I have several thousand hours on thief, it was my first class.  The cheese people are always talking about ends up being daredevil.  And yes, 3 dodges is a problem.  It's actually THE problem when talking about thief.  Initiative is fine, stealth could be permanent for all I care.  It should be turn on and turn off, not timed.  Mobility is overtuned, but that isn't a thief problem but a game problem.  I don't want broken, I want balanced, and 3 dodges is broken.  It's funny to watch all these players, even streamers, lose a fight, get their ego bruised and then jump on daredevil to prove how much better they are then people.  They will never be able to balance thief, because all of the other things that seem to be a problem  are caused by the fact daredevil can dodge 3 times without sacrificing sigils to get it.

Edited by MedievalThings.5417
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Comparing Eles signet skill which requires heavy investment via traits and equipment stats to become "decent" from garbage to something that is same bs via only traits is amusing to say the least.

?

Signet of restoration requires no trait investment or equipment stat to heal 200 hp at base on any cast. I'm not saying this is overpowered either, but you describing it as "same bs" is interesting.  💀

If it's not as strong as you claim, then you shouldn't have problems with nerfing it 

?

Would you like to try that again? Making something weaker to prove it wasn't strong makes no sense. If it was broken people would use the class much more frequently.

But they don't. 

I played teef, it's snore fest and you actually need to screw hard to die on it.

Show me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I have several thousand hours on thief, it was my first class.  The cheese people are always talking about ends up being daredevil.  And yes, 3 dodges is a problem.  It's actually THE problem when talking about thief.  Initiative is fine, stealth could be permanent for all I care.  It should be turn on and turn off, not timed.  Mobility is overtuned, but that isn't a thief problem but a game problem.  I don't want broken, I want balanced, and 3 dodges is broken.  It's funny to watch all these players, even streamers, lose a fight, get their ego bruised and then jump on daredevil to prove how much better they are then people.  They will never be able to balance thief, because all of the other things that seem to be a problem  are caused by the fact daredevil can dodge 3 times without sacrificing sigils to get it.

3 dodges is broken...........okay. I believe you that you have thousands of hours on thief an reach everytime with ease plat because of 3 dodges and thief class.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Oh, your opener didn't work.  Let me stand here hearing whooshing noises for an hour while your CDs come back.  Oh, didn't work again and I get the smallest amount of damage on you.  Oh, whelp there he is in narnia.  I guess I win.  

Stealth in this game is far more annoying than if they just had stealth.

• Like 2

As I already have said; I will not buy the next expansion because of the Toxic fiasco mess in the game. By now, it is too obvious that Anet clearly support, defends and promote Toxic experience like stealth. Secondly; to seal my word into action: if Stealth Mechanic is not removed from all of the Professions with the exception of redesigning/reworking it to be exclusively to Thief Profession...I Will Never Buy Any Expansions of Guild Wars 2 nor Speak a word of it ever, in the gaming market.

It is just that simple

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

As I already have said; I will not buy the next expansion because of the Toxic fiasco mess in the game. Secondly; to seal my word, if Stealth Mechanic is not removed from all of the Professions with the exception of redesigning/reworking it to be exclusively to Thief Profession...I Will Never Buy Any Expansions of Guild Wars 2 nor Speak a word of it in the gaming market.

It is that simple

That is alot of Mimimi.

It is that simple.

23 minutes ago, Burial.1958 said:

That is alot of Mimimi.

It is that simple.

"Simple and to the point is always the best way to get your point across" with no sugarcoating.

(why settle for less when Guild Wars 2 is the only mmo game in the gaming market (especially with 12 consecutive years History ) that does not have a stealth mechanic that does not offer counterplay? )

"Know who you are. Know what you want. Know what you deserve. And don't settle for less."

Edited by Burnfall.9573