Clarification on rune changes: rune are being "nerfed?"

I know legendary rune holders are getting progress toward legendary relics, but what about the players that have a bunch of expensive superior runes? Are my runes of tormenting suddenly going to be less useful?

Do I now have to gain an additional item to make my build as good as it was before?

Do we get some relics based on our current superior runes?

Did I miss a post explaining this?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Kitty.4806 said:

I know legendary rune holders are getting progress toward legendary relics, but what about the players that have a bunch of expensive superior runes? Are my runes of tormenting suddenly going to be less useful?

Do I now have to gain an additional item to make my build as good as it was before?

Do we get some relics based on our current superior runes?

Did I miss a post explaining this?

Each character will get the option to select 3 (perhaps) relics for free. Additional relics will need to be, "earned."

Superior Runes of Tormenting seem likely to retain all of the current stats/etc except the regeneration which is not particularly potent (especially compared to the pre-regeneration 6th tier benefit). Your build will be fine, particularly as there are likely to be relic bonuses superior to what Runes of Torment currently provide on the 6th tier.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Each character will get the option to select 3 (perhaps) relics for free. Additional relics will need to be, "earned."

Superior Runes of Tormenting seem likely to retain all of the current stats/etc except the regeneration which is not particularly potent (especially compared to the pre-regeneration 6th tier benefit). Your build will be fine, particularly as there are likely to be relic bonuses superior to what Runes of Torment currently provide on the 6th tier.

Thank you for this, I'm still a bit frustrated they seem to be removing potency and replacing it with another item to get.

Hopefully they add extra stats to rune 6

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kitty.4806 said:

Thank you for this, I'm still a bit frustrated they seem to be removing potency and replacing it with another item to get.

Hopefully they add extra stats to rune 6

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/134203-relics-bring-new-equipment-to-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/#comment-1946697
Q: What happens to rune slot 6?
A: Slot 6 will be another stat bonus. Some runes already have a stat bonus here, and those that don’t will have one added. 

So tormenting runes might actually get some condi damage added to the 6th bonus.

38 minutes ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

So tormenting runes might actually get some condi damage added to the 6th bonus.

Annoyingly, they might not as in the answer post they state that condition duration on the runes count as stat bonuses, I could be entirely wrong but it's quite likely that tormenting runes will just be +20% torment duration on the 6th slot.

What happens to rune slot 6?

• Slot 6 will be another stat bonus. Some runes already have a stat bonus here, and those that don’t will have one added. 

•  

What will happen for rune sets with a special ability on rune 2 and 4? 

• Unique 2 and 4 slot bonuses will become raw stats. (Boon and condition duration increases are not considered unique and will not be removed from runes.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psizone.8437 said:

Annoyingly, they might not as in the answer post they state that condition duration on the runes count as stat bonuses, I could be entirely wrong but it's quite likely that tormenting runes will just be +20% torment duration on the 6th slot.

True enough. But in the new system we can use 6 runes and get more fitting relic bonus than the regen. Still bit sad about that change. It used to be so amazing with the base heal before they changed it to regen.

• Sad 1