So i compared engineer's dmg to other classes...

August.5934

as title says, i compared engineer's dmg to other classes and i felt underwhelming. While other classes pop +30k crits left and right while pulling 15k casual attacks with exoctic gears, my engineer with Ascended gear rarely pulls 15k and comparing engineer's dmg to warrior and necro was a total joke on me. Lmao! on blade sworn i hit like 150k every 15sec and on necro... everything hits insane hard! reaper casual +30k ~ 60k on spin-to-win and easy +10k on basic/normal attack... 

Engineer's burst dmg is a troll! (got non), i know scrapper is like below trash level dmg but now i feel even holosmit dmg very much underwhelming. not to mention engineer kinda paper expect for scrapper.

let me know what you guys think, i wander if i am just imagining things.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

Engi doesn't land 1 hard hit, it's lands a lot of kinda hard hits.  Minefield will hit 5 times for 7.5k damage each, or Grenade Barrage for 6 hits of 6k. On top of that we have things like Explosive Entrance or Aim Assisted Rockets that get added on.  Or, we preload a Gyro or Laser Disk so it's adding on as well.  Then we have instant cast skills like Surprise Shot or Blade Burst (which can be REALLY juicy if hit right).  And then there is Rocket (~25k damage with my setup) which you can shoot at max distance, swap back to a different skill, and run in to time your burst with the rocket landing... it's kinda silly.  Like always, Engi can do lots of things, just usually takes more buttons.

• Thanks 3

Holosmith do hit hard but it's not something you can see at first glance. Bladesworn slashes has a high coefficient which is why you see those 100k+ hits. Reaper spin is comparable to FT auto attack but with high coefficient which is why you also see those high damage value. But technically speaking with FT and enough auto attack, Engineer can stack millions of damage on screen and I could post a screenshot claiming "hurr Engineer most broken class in the game dealing 1 million damage with just 1 button".

Engineer requires you to cycle through kits to do the maximum amount of damage. It is something that has always been a part of the class before the introduction of elite spec and even after the introduction of elite spec (yeah looking at you CDPS Holosmith and Mechanist). Power DPS Holosmith and Scrapper are the only outliner that only uses grenade kit. You cycle through your kits using the most damaging skill and rince repeat. The on screen number will not looks very high but stacking enough of these not so high number will lead to decent damage output in total.

• Like 1

It's kind of what the others said, Engineer doesn't have that 1 button = huge damage comfort. To do a lot you always need to kind of pile up on skills, honestly even playing kitless you still need to follow that rule, just with less buttons available to you. 

I don't know that much about scrapper but holosmith, even though it doesn't hit as hard as it used to it's still quite good, you just need to know your build well and ofcourse try to use your skills at their best, and that's true for any game mode. 

And about only scrapper being able to tank, that's only attributed to the barrier generation and the fact that scrappers often don't go full berserker. The others specs can tank decently as well, it's just that engi tanks actively and can't just face tank everything. 

like below trash level dmg 

No you, my full berserker scrapper doing fine with 38,5k

But asuming evryone is good as me, keep also in mind Scrapper do a bit less dmg compare to glass cannons (4-6k) , cuz it's tanky, AND have alot aoe CC

Hammer 5=stun

x2 leaps on Hammer 3 =x2 daze

Spare Capacitor = 2s Daze

Blast Gyro = 3s Stun

to that you can add throw mine (2s stun), and Elite Mortar Kit 4 (x5 aoe blind)

All that as full dps

As SS thier frontliner, you can disable mobs for over 10-15s before thay use ability to harm your glassy team 😆

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 8:47 AM, soul.9651 said:

Condi holo literally has the highest bench.. just because your dps sucks doesnt matter that other people have the same issue, its "you" issue..

Who said i play condi! I am a Power player! always has been and always well. Just cause condi is better doesn't mean i must start playing condi, i will not cause i love power. Please do try to understand 😞

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thats the problem with Anet. When they nerf, they nerf hard, too hard.

From snowcrows:

1.Condi holo really number 1! 43k dmg.

2.Condi Mech together with Power holo 39k dmg.

3. Power quickness Scrapper 33k! dmg OK OK its quickness utility so...

So power mech, I dont mean power alacrity mech, isnt even in the list that means under 30k! dmg

Btw from other bechmark page power alacrity mech is 24k!!!!! dmg.

I dont  think this is right.

Inb4 mech 1111 hater comments: Be cool I dont care so much anymore, just responding to this poor soul thinking about balance lol.

• Confused 1

Do you use ArcDPS? It’ll give you a much more clear understanding of how much damage ur doing rather than just seeing the numbers pop up on screen and go brrrr.

I use a static discharge build in pvp/wvw but it kinda crept over to my open world build too bc I like the feel of it. You get pretty nice burst if you time a forge 3 > with particle accelerator and surprise shot. When everything crits you get so much damage in a very tiny window. 

As someone else already mentioned in the thread too I think engi’s cleave in general is very nice. You might not have the highest numbers against single targets or bosses but I never had foible with dealing with large groups, even as core engi

2 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Who said i play condi! I am a Power player! always has been and always well. Just cause condi is better doesn't mean i must start playing condi, i will not cause i love power. Please do try to understand 😞

Well, power holo is close to 40k so its like not the worst thing in the world. Power holos are rare but iv seen in my cms runs people pulling nice numbers with those so again it depends on the person, holo can do burst damage if needed, maybe its not as crazy as bladesworn (which in some cases is just broken..) or slb, but holo still performs well imo. Plus anet needs to chill out with buffs since way too many specs are hitting more than 40k (i rly hope most of those 40k+ specs get down to sub 40in the future).. powercreep is real in this game currently and honestly more and more content is just becoming trivial. Another thing current meta just hates melee specs (and it sucks..) so that is the bigger problem rn in my eyes, if you would look at the eod strike cms or the new fractal for example where ranged builds are just superior pick and on top they have the higher benchmarks aswell + ton of utility so everything else stays in the shadows including your power holo..

Play rifle instead of sword or hammer if you want to see numbers. Jumpshot landing damage of 5 is juicy, melee range blunderbuss is arguably not bad. And if you ignore them being formally split into multiple hits, electro whirl and especially grenade barrage are massive. Heck, grenade barrage is most certainly among the top 3 burst damage skills in the game relative to its low cast time and cooldown. And I have no idea what you need to do wrong to get the feeling that forge has no damage.

Edited by Endaris.1452

On 8/1/2023 at 7:46 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Other classes get big satisfying numbers. 

We get to flood the screen in a sea of tiny numbers. 

Same end result. 

Other classes got weapon swaps (expect for ele), so they keep pulling big numbers, we have to use grenade kit to be viable in almost any meta now. Look at this benchmark, millions of button pressing which doesn't even do avg DPS compare to other class. Not to mention our huge CDs on skills... We must sacrifice every supporting skills which makes us thinner then a 2mm glass to press 100s of buttons which btw doesn't even put us on avg DPS atm. In raid, it might be ok to be totally thin but 90% of time we are at openworld doing open world events, killing bosses and dungeons/fractels.

2 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Other classes got weapon swaps (expect for ele), so they keep pulling big numbers, we have to use grenade kit to be viable in almost any meta now. Look at this benchmark, millions of button pressing which doesn't even do avg DPS compare to other class. Not to mention our huge CDs on skills... We must sacrifice every supporting skills which makes us thinner then a 2mm glass to press 100s of buttons which btw doesn't even put us on avg DPS atm. In raid, it might be ok to be totally thin but 90% of time we are at openworld doing open world events, killing bosses and dungeons/fractels.

The damage QDPS Scrapper does compared to other spec is to be fair average. A +1k/-1k DPS isnt going to matter much in most encounter and your job is mostly to bring quickness rather than doing full DPS.

And honestly, considering how bad most Engineer weapons are, you arent exactly going to win much by adding weapon swaps to the class. I am pretty sure I would rather keep using grenade kits over rifle anyway.