Do you think they will remove Golemancer runes with the relics update?

Matoro.9708

Do you think they will remove Golemancer runes with the relics update?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they will remove Golemancer runes with the relics update?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/22/2023 at 08:00 AM

There are currently around 100 runes in the game. They said on launch there will be like 40 or so core relics. At face value I take this to mean around 60 unique effects are getting axed. 

I know many people here have probably enjoyed the golem summon for RP purposes. And with the mechanist out, they probably will include this rune set in the ones getting cut. 

I hope this won't happen, but lately with the way balance updates have been going, I find it hard not to be pessimistic. Do you think that this update is also a way to silently delete a lot of stuff that causes server lag or something like that? Maybe stuff the devs just have a personal vendetta against?

I bet rangers might be upset if Ogre or Privateer runes go too.

• Confused 1

Really need that "Who the hell knows?" option.

Other than the very few examples Anet has shown, the only thing we know for sure is that 60% - nearly 2/3 of available effects - are going bye-bye. Perhaps your Golemancer 6-piece bonus will remain in the game, but it is one very safe bet that bonuses important to other players, for whatever reason. are going to disappear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope not. They already nerfed THE ULTIMATE MECHANIST by removing minis in WvW. How else am I going to get maximum mechs and RP as a minionmancer?

On a more serious note, the golem is quite good on 1-shot rifle mechanist memes because the whirly attack is a mega CC like rev staff 5.

Edited by inci.3705
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

I bet rangers might be upset if Ogre or Privateer runes go too.

I know a total of three people expressing an interest in Ogre and Privateer and I'm among these three. Only Asura players have a worrying obsession with golems.

• Like 2

After seeing the 2 relic effects in the preview, honestly it seems like they're not gonna be keeping the existing effects and just transferring them into relics, that stuff was new, and Idk if they did it to show an example of new effects or because they're just reworking everything from the ground up. 

• 3 weeks later...