Why a delayed release on the new weapons?

Dripfeeding content so people feel less stagnation than they do between the normal expansion releases. And due to that, they're most probably not even ready because they don't need to be yet.

It's not like if they'd decide to release them now, they suddenly magically could -they'd need to delay everything until the later date. Tbh I'd probably rather have that option instead of being bound to believe what they'll totally add later. It's a weird concept.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Dripfeeding content so people feel less stagnation than they do between the normal expansion releases. And due to that, they're most probably not even ready because they don't need to be yet.

It's not like if they'd decide to release them now, they suddenly magically could -they'd need to delay everything until the later date. Tbh I'd probably rather have that option instead of being bound to believe what they'll totally add later. It's a weird concept.

This.

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

I get why they are doing it....doesn't make it feel less odd to me.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I really feel like this is a glaring issue with the new expac and one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to pre-purchasing it.

They themselves said that one of the things people want most with expansions are elite specs, to make their class feel new when they are playing new content. I doubt allowing free use of weapons previously locked to elite specs is enough to satisfy that. The middle-ground in their own words are the new weapons but we're getting them really late. I will have experienced most of the expansion without that new feeling. It will feel an awful lot like living story, which I think it would be wise of them to avoid with this new setup of mini-expacs.

Allowing free use of weapons previously locked to elite spec will open up a lot of buildcraft for the classes but that's not something the day-to-day player will care about. Most people just grab the "meta" build from some site or cobble together something without having inherent build knowledge. It doesn't really have any marketing power either, new players won't care about that, they might be interested in new weapons though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:37 AM, Marshall Sed.8643 said:

Sorry, I thought there was a trait for each elite specialization......oh wait.....there is!  And this trait gives you access to that elite weapon.....so they can play about with that and detune the weapon skill when not traited into that elite spec.  Which is what I thought I said earlier......erm, detune if not specced....yup, I did!

They’d still have to add 27 buffs to each elite spec line (27 lines!) to do what you’re saying, In addition to the fact they’re going to have to nerf many of the e-spec weapons to prevent full homogenization. This is still absolutely a balance nightmare. Also a “detune” is just a nerf lmao, fancy language doesn’t make it not a nerf and even if they add buffs to the espec lines it’s unlikely to be 1 to 1 equivalent to what we have now 

Edit: Also it's not even a trait that gives you access to the e-spec weapon, it's a "minor proficiency" so it's unlikely they'll add anything to that part of the Elite spec traitline. They're much more likely to have to add to a trait or build a new one entirely than do what you're suggesting they do.

Also Props to you for a snarky reply tho! Very funny, cool, and oh so intelligent!!  ☺️

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1