mounts, skiffs keeping them more usefull for the future !

Hi,

since the upcoming release for new expansion skyscale/griffon will be affected by some upgrades which other new traits will make them even smoother. For starter this is wonderfull idea, instead of new mounts, more horizontal expanding. But 1 problem will be in future that the other mounts will be less used for their environment. So I it would be nice if the other mounts got some horizontal progression in mastery traitlines too.

This would be needed to have more mastery points though. But this can be solved by instead of adding more locations (for the new traitlines), adding more points to 1 location. For example, location x gives 3 mastery points. The off trade to hold it challenging, the higher the amount of points, the longer or challenging it becomes to earn.

Now some ideas I had for new traits for mounts/skiffs. They could get more or less, other options or some more passive. Keep mind these are ideas summed up. The most important part that other mounts/skiffs for future shouldn't be neglected for only skyscale/griffon.

Raptor: When using their leap, their speed will increase by 30% for 5 seconds.

When they walk uphill, their mount speed doesn't becomes lower.

When you turn around while mounted you knock back enemies with your tail. It doesn't dismount you and has low internal cd.

Springer: After their first jump you can jump another one freely without charging under 0,5 second timeframe. This is because if it isn't needed, the duration is like the same as you would regain endurance for it. And 0,5 sec timeframe to give little room for useage and the better you are, the smoother

Another trait upon the first.  their 2nd free jump is useable on surfaces where you would normally fall off. You could call this using momentum.

This would allow springer to gain more climbing heights on shorter surfaces a lot faster then skyscale with their upcoming traits. Skyscale on really long surfaces can still climb better but slower.

Skimmer: Can now use bursts of speed on water surfaces, this allows a sprint for a short amount of time. 

Next trait, if underwater diving is unlocked also. You can also use underwater these speed bursts which allows for a sprint for a short amount of time.

Jackal: You can teleport through small walls to the other side on 10 second cd. Don't confuse this with sand portals. No sand portals are for this. If you can't teleport through some too thick walls, it won't activate the ability and you get an error on screen "not short enough". 300 radius length could be max travel length for it.

Another trait ability, create in 360 radius a traveling sandstorm which allows group stealth for 5 sec duration on 15 sec cd.

Turtle: Add an ability which gives barrier around turtle that has reflecting shield for x amount if time on x amount of cd.

Another trait along this, people standing in reflecting barrier shield, gain 15% less incoming/condi damage.

Skiff: I know you all want flying skiffs for the meme. But I had something else in mind then flying.

Underwater skiff useage ! You would be able to use your skiff underwater. Their are few options this could look like =>

• submarine:  your skiffs get little bit transformed when you enter under water. For cosmetic purposes, it alters around your skiff skin and you can ofcourse dye that part too.

• an magical air bubble: This air bubble will move along the line your direction goes. This allows for interactive feeling more. 

When your on water, the faster you move you see the water sliding across your skiff. This should have a simular look when you're underwater. The look of of the water moving aside when underwater shouldn't be too much, since you want to see your skiff enough.

Another Skiff related trait:

deepdive fishing, Since you can go now underwater you can also fish some more exotic type of fishes which aren't found above. This would be occasional nice to with a party fishing under water.

Be happy to add other ideas or how to improve this 😉

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Skiff: I know you all want flying skiffs for the meme. But I had something else in mind then flying.

But… We need the Flying Dutchman mastery 😢

I would like some more skills for the other mounts though. Who knows, maybe they will add some eventually! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Skyscale already made a bunch of mounts nearly useless. The direction of this expansion shows that they clearly don't care about retaining the usefulness of past expansion content. That's disappointing because that was one of GW2's strengths.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Yaki.9563 said:

Skyscale already made a bunch of mounts nearly useless. The direction of this expansion shows that they clearly don't care about retaining the usefulness of past expansion content. That's disappointing because that was one of GW2's strengths.

indeed that's the reason I try to keep this aware, they need to keep focussing on their strengths!

Also I added another idea on the skiff part, that maybe could be nice. =>

deepdive fishing, Since you can go now underwater you can also fish some more exotic type of fishes which aren't found above. This would be occasional nice to with a party fishing under water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Skimmer: Can now use bursts of speed on water surfaces, this allows a sprint for a short amount of time. 

Next trait, if underwater diving is unlocked also. You can also use underwater these speed bursts which allows for a sprint for a short amount of time.

This should have been added a long time ago. I like the idea of using it instead of your boost in height ability

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Springer: After their first jump you can jump another one freely without charging under 0,5 second timeframe. This is because if it isn't needed, the duration is like the same as you would regain endurance for it. And 0,5 sec timeframe to give little room for useage and the better you are, the smoother

Another trait upon the first.  their 2nd free jump is useable on surfaces where you would normally fall off. You could call this using momentum.

This would allow springer to gain more climbing heights on shorter surfaces a lot faster then skyscale with their upcoming traits. Skyscale on really long surfaces can still climb better but slower.

I like the idea of double jump and instead of making it a whole new addition it could be part of how bond of vigor interacts with this mount.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I would prefer the boat to be abandoned. It is by all account a worse skimmer. Its only use is for fishing, which once you do not care about that, the boat dies with it.

It is also the only thing that can carry a whole party.

It is the only mount sort lf where you can stand on and your party too.

Adding more options too it would be nice.

And they can make fishing also more exciting by even some small events on map required for it and in the end some rewards for it. For example a boss fish which you need other people to catch it, with some environmental mechanics to avoid like damage. 

Some people like to fish and this one of the most interactive I have found in games with an own boat and freedom, where allies can join.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It is also the only thing that can carry a whole party.

It is the only mount sort lf where you can stand on and your party too.

Adding more options too it would be nice.

And they can make fishing also more exciting by even some small events on map required for it and in the end some rewards for it. For example a boss fish which you need other people to catch it, with some environmental mechanics to avoid like damage. 

Some people like to fish and this one of the most interactive I have found in games with an own boat and freedom, where allies can join.

No, look at Gyala, they attemped to make a turtle boss. It is awful. Look at levi, still a bad boss, but people do it because the rewards and how short the event is. 

• Like 1

I mean, a new turtle mastery could be as simple as making the turtle pilot booster jet improvement into a mastery instead of a Jade Bot module, and reworking that to do something different. Turtle pilot booster 3 changes how useful the turtle is so drastically that it deserves to be a new mastery to have as standard, it goes far beyond QoL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

Jackal: You can teleport through small walls to the other side on 10 second cd. Don't confuse this with sand portals. No sand portals are for this. If you can't teleport through some too thick walls, it won't activate the ability and you get an error on screen "not short enough". 300 radius length could be max travel length for it.

Another trait ability, create in 360 radius a traveling sandstorm which allows group stealth for 5 sec duration on 15 sec cd.

So jackals can walk on sand paths.  Problem is that their aren't very many of these around.  What I want is that if I walk off a cliff while riding a jackal it would automatically create a sand path.  The path would remain for a bit so anyone riding behind could use it.  This would use endurance so you couldn't do it forever.  Might be fun to make a choice between teleporting and making a road.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, nopoet.2960 said:

So jackals can walk on sand paths.  Problem is that their aren't very many of these around.  What I want is that if I walk off a cliff while riding a jackal it would automatically create a sand path.  The path would remain for a bit so anyone riding behind could use it.  This would use endurance so you couldn't do it forever.  Might be fun to make a choice between teleporting and making a road.

also original idea yea, it could be 1 of the traits it could get new

• Confused 1

Idea is in good faith. Even with all of these extra thing for each mount almost noone will use them. Skyscale is winning by one simple thing and that is vertical movement. Personally give my skyscale griffon's extra speed mechanic and I would be so happy and had more fun in game or give griffon ability for vertical movement that would be probably better.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2