Elemental Celerity

RazieL.5684

This elite is pretty worthless in pve as dps specifically... the closest thing to it is Tactical Reload (which got cd reduced from 60 to 40 in pvp and wvw while ele ofc got nerfed from 75 up to 90 but this is not about pvp/wvw thread, just wanted to mention that absurdity) and that has 30 seconds cooldown but also reloads utility skills! Elemental celerity only resets weapon skills and has the possibility to provide a useless boon since you pretty much have all boons up permanently in pve... so if the cooldown drops to like 20-25 seconds... even at that point idk if it will be competitive with fiery great sword... will anything break with a 20 sec ele celerity?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The utility for Celerity is a bit hard to describe.  I use it on the DPS build for two reasons.  First is to double up on CC while in air.  Double Windstorm + Double Shock Blast inflicts 700 total defiance damage.  The second is to regain momentum.  There's a flow to how catalyst generates energy and uses its skills, and uncooperative enemies will interrupt this flow with their movement, attacks, and invulnerability skills.  If that happens to a large degree, Celerity is excellent for picking yourself right back up and continuing the combos again.  In this circumstance it is a DPS increase, but it is hard to quantify.

Celerity is more of a utility skill than a DPS increase.  As to changing its cooldown, I don't immediately see an issue arising, but it does seem like something could break if it was 20 seconds long.

Skill is garbage in pve , but in pvp it allowed elementalist to have greater uptime on blocks and invul (obsidian flesh) , skill should interact with the class mechanic further , not just a worthless boon depending which sphere you are in , maybe a thing like recharge the sphere in your actual attunement and make it free energy 1 time ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Skill is garbage in pve , but in pvp it allowed elementalist to have greater uptime on blocks and invul (obsidian flesh) , skill should interact with the class mechanic further , not just a worthless boon depending which sphere you are in , maybe a thing like recharge the sphere in your actual attunement and make it free energy 1 time ?

that sounds great but i wanted the focus of this thread to be more of a pve thing, i'm just kinda tired of fiery great sword and wanted to make celerity more impactful on the dps a catalist can do even outside of hammer maybe?

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The utility for Celerity is a bit hard to describe.  I use it on the DPS build for two reasons.  First is to double up on CC while in air.  Double Windstorm + Double Shock Blast inflicts 700 total defiance damage.  The second is to regain momentum.  There's a flow to how catalyst generates energy and uses its skills, and uncooperative enemies will interrupt this flow with their movement, attacks, and invulnerability skills.  If that happens to a large degree, Celerity is excellent for picking yourself right back up and continuing the combos again.  In this circumstance it is a DPS increase, but it is hard to quantify.

Celerity is more of a utility skill than a DPS increase.  As to changing its cooldown, I don't immediately see an issue arising, but it does seem like something could break if it was 20 seconds long.

i agree that the utility is there but as you say it is hard to quantify unless someone goes to a golem and intentionally breaks the rotation and tries to recover in orderder to see the numbers after that... also please consider cata as in not necessarily on hammer as there are only 2 weeks left until the expansion where new combos will be available

On 8/4/2023 at 5:11 PM, RazieL.5684 said:

that sounds great but i wanted the focus of this thread to be more of a pve thing, i'm just kinda tired of fiery great sword and wanted to make celerity more impactful on the dps a catalist can do even outside of hammer maybe?

Then make a thread and ask to buff elites like tornado...that nobody uses

Yeah all elites besides Rebound are pretty kitten or very complicated to use , tornado should just spam a tornado who cc ppl inside and deal damage and condi in a single aoe spot , the elemental should be like a flesh golem , and once killed have a cd off 40-60 sec , feel like all ele elites are momentum skills , powerfull but for such a tiny period of time .

Not even talk about fiery Gs , i hate all conjured weapon , it's a mess to keep track of the cd off those and the fact that anybody can pick up your second conjure is a troll move ... i do it just to kitten my ele mates .

5 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Then make a thread and ask to buff elites like tornado...that nobody uses

Imagine if you could create a big kitten tornado at targetted location that would gather-up enemies to the center and then flinch them away into atmosphere.
That would be "elite skill" as per protocol instead of this weird transform catnip.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Imagine if you could create a big kitten tornado at targetted location that would gather-up enemies to the center and then flinch them away into atmosphere.
That would be "elite skill" as per protocol instead of this weird transform catnip.

actually i would be more happy with an elite tornado that pulls targets in the middle like in diablo 3 there was a trait that made your tornado pull in mobs to the center, and just keep them there for a bit like mesmer elite