What is Thief's niche now in WvW?

Invictorum.7643

As of late, it feels like Thief has had its niche taken over by the elite specs of other classes.

Willbender acts effectively as a better assassin. Mesmer and Ranger act as better long range burst classes.

Firebrand, Revenant, and Mesmer make for better supports than Specter can hope to be once you're above 5 people. 

I'm honestly kind of scrambling for strings, but what do y'all feel Thief's niche is? What can it do better than others, that ACTUALLY effects combat and group play?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Invictorum.7643 said:

As of late, it feels like Thief has had its niche taken over by the elite specs of other classes.

Willbender acts effectively as a better assassin. Mesmer and Ranger act as better long range burst classes.

Firebrand, Revenant, and Mesmer make for better supports than Specter can hope to be once you're above 5 people. 

I'm honestly kind of scrambling for strings, but what do y'all feel Thief's niche is? What can it do better than others, that ACTUALLY effects combat and group play?

Is Willbender really a better assassin without stealth? I have way more trouble fighting a good Thief than a good Willbender so I'd say they're probably more like equals so no I wouldn't say Thief has lost its niche. As for Deadeye, it's still very scary because it has ranged damage and can hit and run, and is faster than a Mesmer.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 4

thief is made for roaming and cloud , if you pick thief then your playstyle will be dueling , other than that there isn't much you do in zergs to things to provide compared to other classes , and also not to mention the hidden yu gi oh card that every thief have right now , is glitching into keeps and towers , thanks to anet spaghetti code , i mean feature mb.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Invictorum.7643 said:

It's thief man.....no one cares and it's preferred by most the community that thief loses its niche, devs included so.

• Confused 2

I roam on multiple classes and IMO thief still has the best combination of both chasing and escaping ability... basically it's the safest class to get +1'd on because you can usually run or reset when it happens. It's not the best duelist but I don't think it ever was to begin with. (still pretty good though)