Gain the ability to mount your skyscale in combat

I don't see the problem too. If I find that the squad is too slow for my taste, I can make myself safe at any time to go make me a coffee.

Some critical hits are enough to tag any event of the game and get the rewards at the end.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Confused 5

I've been thinking about this, and why they're adding it in.

THINK they're adding it in mostly because of arial combat becoming more of a thing going forward. The assumption seems to be that you'll be using the Skyscale for said combat, possibly with the glider as an emergency backup to keep from splattering onto the ground if your skyscale takes too much damage. But recovering from that will require being able to remount in air, while carrying aggro. 

When using a mount is the only way to do some fights, they kind of have to relax the rules on mounting in combat. I'm expecting a cooldown timer, though.

On 8/9/2023 at 8:22 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

What if I told you in the open world we already have a get out of jail free card?

Slot gliding boost in your jade bot. Jump off even the slightest terrain height. Glide. Boost. You’re now away from most enemies for long enough to reset some cooldowns and rejoin the fight.

gliding stealth 99% of the time breaks combat additionally

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

I don't see the problem too. If I find that the squad is too slow for my taste, I can make myself safe at any time to go make me a coffee.

Some critical hits are enough to tag any event of the game and get the rewards at the end.

ya no idea why u get downvote u the first honest. for farmtrain mount in combat is a dream come true i know that.

U tag a mob u move on, I can only imagine how that improve gold per hour.

but its  sadly not the mount farmer need

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

It's kind of odd, yeah. Not being able to mount in combat is pretty standard in games for a reason or two. It can get really cheesy. My guess is that they'll give the combat mounting a large cooldown debuff, so that it can't be used over and over. Even then it can still be cheesy.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Confused 1

On 8/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

No just No, this breaks every danger of combat, 

I don't want a get free out of jail card for combat

I explain  why this is op

Lets say u fight a legendary champion solo

U atack u fight u use ur defensive  skills u attack more.

U get low health u call skyscale u hover over the champ. U wait all ur cds recharge, u attack again. Repeat this 10 times, no mob without range will ever be danger for u again

That is a lot of "U"s.  In WvW some have found a way to mount even in combat already.. special skills? who knows.

• Confused 2

On 8/9/2023 at 5:08 PM, vares.8457 said:

There is no meaningful combat in open world. 

That’s absolutely not the same or does the skyscale skill kill the boss? 

LOL, "The Skyscale People", We want Skyscale to kill the boss while we ride around it and enjoy our Skyscale we worked and slaved over for months getting the Skyscale and give us a free skin!  hahaha

Edited by AreohCobing.5092
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1